• An Early Arrival

March 15, 2010

Greetings from New York City! :mrgreen: I arrived nearly 3 hours ahead of schedule, thanks to some quick thinking and a little luck! ;-)

My original flight was scheduled to depart at 7:00 pm, so being the super cautious traveler that I am, I gave myself plenty of time to go through security and get to my gate. (I hate being rushed when flying.)

My wonderful husband drove me to the airport with plenty of time to spare, but I when I arrived, I learned that my flight was delayed 3.5 hours! Ugh. :-?

IMG_0025.JPG

My excited and upbeat mood immediately turned to this:

IMG_8546.JPG

But, I wasn’t about to give up that easily! ;-)

I was on a Delta flight, so I knew that there must be another shuttle from Boston to NYC before 10:30 this evening. As soon as I went through security, I stopped by the Delta desk to see if I could get on an earlier flight. It turns out that there was a flight to NYC boarding at that very minute, so the Delta attendant changed my ticket, and I was off on an even earlier flight. Sweet! :-D

On the plane, I did some magazine reading and snacked on a mini Larabar.

IMG_0026.JPG

And, then a few mixed nuts.

IMG_0030.JPG

Mixed nuts and I have a similar “special” relationship like granola. Somehow, I managed to stopped myself from eating them all and saved the rest for later.

IMG_0029.JPG

Before I left for the airport, my “dinner” was an egg white sandwich with buffalo sauce.

IMG_0024.JPG

And, for “dessert,” I had a Sandwich Thin with peanut butter and raisins. It wasn’t the healthiest dinner, but I wanted something that would fill me up. Plus, I didn’t want to spend money at the airport. It did the trick!

IMG_0021.JPG

When I arrived in NYC, a limo was waiting to pick me up. It was so cool! The nice Bertolli people switched my ground transportation from JFK to LaGuardia to the hotel in a matter of minutes. I still can’t believe how smoothly it all worked out.

I just got to my hotel room and it’s soooooo funky! I love modern hotels! :mrgreen:

I’m off to meet a college friend for a drink. See ya! 8-)

RhodeyGirl March 15, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Lucky duck!

Have so much fun tonight and see you in the morningggggg!!!

Rachel March 15, 2010 at 8:57 pm

I am so happy everything worked out for you! What amazing luck and quick thinking. Have a great night!

Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) March 15, 2010 at 9:02 pm

You and your hotels! enjoy.

Estela @ Weekly Bite March 15, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Have a great time!! Can’t wait to hear about it :)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is March 15, 2010 at 9:09 pm

What a blast! Have a great time. :)

Abby March 15, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Oh my gosh that picture of Murphy is adorable!!! Have a great trip!

Beth March 15, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Hahaha! I love Murphy’s face in that photo, so cute.
    Have fun!!!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 15, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I hear so many traumatic travel stories—it’s nice to have a positive, happy one! What a great turn of events for you. Have a great time in NYC!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 15, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Have a wonderful time! Yay for earlier flights :)

Julie @ Pickley Pear March 15, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Way to go Delta (for once!) :) What hotel are you staying at? Can’t wait to hear about the Bertolli trip!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat March 15, 2010 at 9:15 pm

I am so glad to hear your travel situation worked out! I am super jealous, I love NYC. It was about a year ago now that I went for the first time :) Have fun.

Heather (Heather's Dish) March 15, 2010 at 9:17 pm

woohoo! you’re totally famous miss tina :) hope your trip continues to go smoothly! i can’t wait to read more from NYC!

Danielle (Coffee Run) March 15, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Have fun in NYC!
    I also have a special re. addictive relationship with mixed nuts.

Girl, I wouldn’t call that a “dinner” but looks like a tasty snack :D

Nicole @ Making Good Choices March 15, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Have a great time! That’s so lucky you got there early ! take pictures of great food you eat!

Food Makes Fun Fuel March 15, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Awesome! I love it when you can work the airport

kate March 15, 2010 at 9:21 pm

have fun in nyc! hope you get gorgeous weather!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 15, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Wow what a lucky day and it’s not even St. Patrick’s day yet.

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl March 15, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Wow. What a fun experience! Can’t wait to see pics of the hotel! :-D

Lauren @ http://lifelite10.blogspot.com/ March 15, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Ahh so jealous! NYC is quite possibly one of the best places on earth! So glad your flight worked out!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers March 15, 2010 at 9:24 pm

What great luck!! Hope you have a fun trip!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 15, 2010 at 9:32 pm

How lucky that you got a better flight! I need to travel with you :-)

Have a great time!

ellen eats beets March 15, 2010 at 9:37 pm

So lucky about the earlier flight! Have fun in New York.

Tara March 15, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Sounds like youre a celeb!!!

Jenny March 15, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Limo and a hotel? Swan-kay! Have a fabulous time!

So cute that your hus drove ya to the airport, and Murphy looks a little mad, but precious all the same in that pic!

I have a special relationship with granola, too… ;)

Cuts and Curves March 15, 2010 at 9:44 pm

So smart about the flight. I probably would have just nodded my head and continued to wait for 3.5 hours.

I hope you have an amazing time in NYC. It’s my favorite place on the planet!

Run Sarah March 15, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I heart that Murphy photo! Too awesome about the earlier flight, too!

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place March 15, 2010 at 9:54 pm

these blog trips you take are awesome! i’m envious! can’t wait to see pics tomorrow

Jaclyn@todayslady March 15, 2010 at 9:56 pm

What a great day!! I love when everything goes as planned, or in this case it went better!

Kelly - Local Foodie Fight March 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm

BAH HAHA at Murph’s face. I think that might be my favorite face he’s ever made. though that is hard to choose……..hmmm blog post idea? the many faces of Murph? lol.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) March 15, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Nice luck!! Enjoy your time!! I love traveling by myself!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 15, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Wow congrats on the good travels!! Very lucky!!! I can’t wait to hear all about your NYC adventures!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman March 15, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I’m just like that. I hate to be rushed at the airport. I’d much rather have an extra hour to wait around than worry about missing my flight!

Chelsea (Chelsea's Chew and Run Fun) March 15, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Dang girl! The folks at Bertoli know how to treat their sponsees right. Have a blast in our “little city.” Fortunately, I think the worst of the crummy weather is over with.

I love your sandwich thin, raisin/chocolate chip, and PB desserts, such a filling way to satisfy a sweet tooth. I will be trying this soon, as my desserts have been ludicrous lately!

Cynthia (It All Changes) March 15, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I love that you ate a quick meal before the trip. One of my favorite money saving tricks.

Joelle (The Pancake Girl) March 15, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Ah, YAY for NYC! I’m not going to lie, I sort of miss it- and spring is the BEST time of the year to be there. :) Hopefully it’ll stop being rainy and gloomy there for you haha.

Quisha March 15, 2010 at 10:53 pm

sandwich thins are my new “thing”. i love them and i feel satisfied. it also makes me a bit more creative. i can use one slice and add a bunch of things to it. i’ve gotta try the raisins on my pb next time! enjoy nyc!!

Grace March 15, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Those mini lara bars are soooo cute and so is Murphy haha!

Jessica March 15, 2010 at 11:25 pm

I hate spending money at the airport too because 1) it’s crappy food and 2) it’s sooo expensive! One time I paid $5 for 2 McDonald’s yogurt parfaits. They’re normally like $1 each aren’t they?? Oh well…Those were the ONLY things that seemed reasonable to eat at the time.

cassie March 16, 2010 at 12:15 am

As you can see the weather’s not so great today in New York… have fun..

Jamie Walker March 16, 2010 at 1:17 am

Have a great trip – good job on the travel eats – I just returned from a trip but wasn’t as savvy with my travel meals, ended up with a few too many bad snacks. Argh!

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs March 16, 2010 at 3:48 am

:O a limi! You must feel like a celebrity, lucky you :D Have a great time!

Hannah March 16, 2010 at 5:59 am

Oh gosh, you’re so lucky about that other flight! I have hellish luck with flying… have spent so many full days in airports because of stupid cancellations and delays! And no limo at the end, either :P

Kelly March 16, 2010 at 7:41 am

Wow, glad you got on an earlier flight- that would’ve been a long wait at the airport!
    How do you make your egg white so perfectly round? haha

diana(mymarblerye) March 16, 2010 at 8:56 am

I usually don’t like Delta but I’m glad they treated you right. :) Have an amazing time in NYC. One of my fave towns! I’ll be reading all about your adventures today!

Kelly March 16, 2010 at 9:47 am

Love when traveling goes smoothly!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] March 16, 2010 at 10:31 am

hehehehe – that picture of Murphy is hilarious!!

Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com March 16, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Glad your flights worked out. Love the picture of Murphy!