I made Pumpkin Protein Pancakes for breakfast this morning, and they totally rocked my world. The texture and taste reminded me of a pumpkin muffin, so I must have said “oh my gosh, these are delicious” at least three or four times while I was eating them. And, just as awesome, they’re loaded with protein! This pancake recipe has close to 30g!
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 1/2 of a medium banana
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop (31.8g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat pan (or griddle) over medium heat; coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto the pan/griddle.
- Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Makes 2-3 pancakes
Mom, those Pumpkin Protein Pancakes look wicked good. Please share with meeeee!
Oh, that adorable pug face”¦ it gets me every time, but I didn’t share my pancakes with Murphy this morning. I did, however, give him a big pug hug once I was finished eating.
Speaking of adorable pugs, I’m not quite sure what to think of this pug-bunny thing:
Mal thinks it’s cute; I think it’s a bit creepy.