I'm feeling so much better this morning. So good, in fact, I did a little baking!
I had some canned pumpkin in the refrigerator that needed to be used up sooner than later, so I whipped up a batch of Pumpkin-Walnut Muffins, which are Paleo-friendly and gluten-free”¦ oh, and super delicious.
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Coat muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (or use paper liners) and divide batter among six cups.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes or until muffins are cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool before serving.
These muffins smelled incredible while they were baking””just like warm pumpkin pie. They turned out smooth, soft, light, and fluffy with a pumpkin spice and slightly nutty flavor. The walnuts add a nice crunch and chew to each bite. Mmm!
Recipe makes 6 muffins.