Vacation countdown: 2 days! 😎
It seems like a bunch of you guys missed my post about our upcoming vacation, so just in case you did, Mal and I (and six of our friends) are taking a week-long cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, and the Cayman Islands. Woohoo!
Our ship departs from Miami, so, with our travels to and from Florida, we’ll be away for a total of 10 days, which poses quite the packing challenge for me because I refuse to check luggage.
Reasons why I never check luggage:
- I don’t trust the airline to not lose my stuff.
- I’m impatient and don’t want to wait at the baggage claim.
- I’m cheap and don’t want to pay a fee.
- I like being able to walk off the plane and head right to my destination.
- It forces me to be smart with my packing.
With that said, my goal for this 10-day trip is to fit all of this stuff”¦
”¦ into one carry-on and one “personal item.”
Take II (minus a pug butt):
Our time on the cruise includes all sorts of different events and happenings, so I actually need more than just ten outfits:
- Mal and I have two excursions planned (exploring the Mayan ruins and a zip-lining + a cave tubing tour), so I’ll need comfortable clothes and sneakers.
- There are two “fancy” dinners on the cruise, so I’ll need a couple of dresses and heels.
- Mal and I plan to workout on our vacation and visit CrossFit 7 Mile when we’re in the Cayman Islands, so I’ll need a few changes of workout gear.
- I’ll also need everyday clothes, like shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, flip-flops, jeans, bathing suits, etc.
- And, of course, all of the other stuff, such as toiletries, iPod, reading material, sunblock, etc.
Usually, I’m a pretty good packer, and I pack what a need without over-packing. But, this trip is throwing me for a loop. I feel like I need so much stuff for it!
So far, I’ve taken all of my favorite clothes out of my closet, loosely made some outfits with them, and now I’m just hoping it’ll all fit in my carry-on. I have a feeling, however, I’m going to need to be a little more selective with what I pack and plan specific outfits for each of the days/various events.
Hmmm”¦ if there’s a will, there’s a way, and I’m determined to make it work!
This morning’s breakfast was an oldie, but goodie: “Oatmeal” Minus the Oats in a leftover peanut butter jar. I guess we could call it OMTOIAJ.
Did you happen to notice the pug creeper in the second photo?
Murphy was watching me eat my breakfast while he waited for my empty peanut butter jar. What a creep.
Question of the Day
What type of packer are you? Do you pack too much? Too little? Do you throw all of your favorite clothes in a suitcase and hope for the best or do you plan outfits?