• I Started My Day With an Iced Coffee Date & Barre Class {Friday}

July 11, 2014

Hello, hello! Happy Friday, friends!

Let’s get right to it with a recap of my eats and happenings from the day! (I’m publishing this post a little earlier than usual because I have a hot date with Mal, Q, and Murphy on our back porch with some apps and adult beverages—for the human adults, of course!)

Whole wheat toast with almond butter, banana, and Fage Greek yogurt

After breakfast, I swung by Marylou’s to grab a couple of iced coffees (Hawaiian Chocolate Nut) for myself and my friend Chrissy, who I was meeting later that morning. I hadn’t seen her since I was pregnant, so it was nice to catch up and talk about new mom stuff.

photo (2)

After some girl talk with Chrissy, she kicked my butt in her barre class. Oh my goodness, that ish hurts!!! Those little hand weights get me every time! Haha!

photo 2 (3)photo 1 (2)

Open-face egg sandwich on whole wheat with Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle from The Laughing Cow

SAM_1192 (800x533)

And almonds and dark chocolate x 2

After lunch, I went to the park with my favorite guys!

photo 4

photo 2

photo 1

photo (3)

photo 5

After the park, I was hungry again, so I cooked dinner early and ate some of it for lunch. It turned out great, so I wanted to share the recipe with you guys!

Sautéed Kale with Chicken Sausage, Broccoli & Feta

• 12 ounces chicken sausage, sliced
    • 6 ounces feta crumbles
    • big bunch of kale, chopped
    • broccoli florets
    • extra virgin olive oil
    • garlic powder, salt + pepper to taste

Directions: Cook sausage as directed. Sauté broccoli and kale in olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

Add everything to a big bowl along with the feta and mix together. EAT!

Questions of the Day

How did you start your day today?

What’s on the agenda for your Friday night?

Laura @ She Eats Well July 11, 2014 at 3:45 pm

I actually started my day with one of your HIIT workouts as I’m traveling right now (one you can do anywhere – planks, burbees, lunges, squats…) and it kicked my booty big-time, so thanks!

I love using chicken sausage for anything and everything – it’s so easy to throw in! Great recipe!

Coco July 11, 2014 at 3:46 pm

My best friend is currently in the hospital in labor!!!! My Friday night consists of sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for updates!!!

Tina July 11, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Halle July 11, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Curious what park you guys take Murphy to? We are always looking for a new place to take our very energetic pup in and around the city.

Tina July 11, 2014 at 4:12 pm

We go to Bare Cove Park in Hingham.

Doro July 11, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I started my day with a Smoothie-Bowl (tofu, a banana, two apricots, gojiberries and a carrot).
    Tonight I’m staying at home and preparing food for my birthday party tomorrow. The glutenfree chocolate cake in the oven already smells amazing!

Katherine Baker July 11, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I love coffee dates in the mornings with friends! It’s nice to get out of the house early in the day, especially for something fun. This morning I started the way I do every day: morning walk with my pup for some iced coffee :)

Devonshire July 11, 2014 at 4:07 pm

This morning was sleep in day! My husband, our friend, and i kayaked around yesterday so i was all for sleeping in! Friday night consists of homework (summer school…blah!) and getting ready for my work weekend.

Caitlin @ Happy 'n' Hungry July 11, 2014 at 4:08 pm

I started my day off with a run. It was a gorgeous morning — 64 degrees and sunny!

Tonight, my husband and I are going to visit my parents along the way to Cincinnati (and to drop off the pup). We’re taking a weekend trip there to catch Norm Macdonald standup and take in a Reds-Pirates game.

Tina July 11, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Shel@PeachyPalate July 11, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I’ve never tried a Barre class…I don’t think we have them here! I started my day with Bodypump and crab cakes for breakfast!

Leslie @ Life Begins @ 30? July 11, 2014 at 4:19 pm

I love barre classes. Fun and challenging!! Plus, the stretch after an intense exercise feels so much better. Grilling out and patio time is on my agenda for tonight. I hope you have a great weekend!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life July 11, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I went to the gym this morning for strength training. It was leg day and I hate legs. I also popped into a step class randomly to see if they’re still like I remembered. Then I bought my first juicer EVER. I’m so excited to get my juice on!!!

Tina July 11, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Nice! I <3 step and juice! 😄

Lindsay July 11, 2014 at 4:31 pm

YUM — I’m definitely trying out that dinner recipe. So easy and looks delicious.

Erin July 11, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Oh my gosh, I love Marylou’s! I have family that lives in Cohasset and we went there last time I visited. It was amazing!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse July 11, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Wow! You are super women! I didn’t do too much right after I had my baby girl, I wish I had had half of your energy :) Are you able to just pump between your classes and other activities when your baby isn’t with you? I feel like my baby girl nursed every hour and a half or so in the beginning ha, I was always nursing! Your dinner looks so good!

Christinee @ BookishlyB July 11, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I couldn’t help but noticing a few mentions of cocktails lately, and the breastfeeding. I’m a first time with a two month old and have yet to indulge in my first drink back yet (the HORROR!). Do you pump and dump? How long do you wait between your drink and letting him nurse? Inquiring minds (that need a damn glass of wine or a margarita) want to know 😉

kay July 12, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I’m no expert but an alcoholic or caffeinated drink once in a while will not harm your baby if you are breastfeeding. But it’s up to you. I breastfed my daughter and did not sweat having a glass of wine or a beer.

Kim @ FITsique July 11, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Love it! I started my day with a leg workout at the gym followed by coffee and waffles :)

Laura @FitMamaLove July 11, 2014 at 4:51 pm

That lunch/dinner sounds good! I think I need to try sautéed kale again because I only did it once and it came out kinda dried out almost like kale chips. I typically enjoy it as a salad now.

I usually enjoy chocolate chips, but I’m liking the way your chocolate chunks. Waiting for the kids to wake up so I can go visit hubby at work for coffee and something sweet. :)

Rita July 11, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Random comment here!! When is your juicing book coming out? I just bought a juicer too and have no idea what to do with it!

Tina July 11, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Later this month! July 22! 😄

Alex @ Kenzie Life July 11, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I actually started my day with coffee, whole wheat toast and earth balance, and Pure Barre! It was the best start to a Friday though I wish I had some of that Hawaiian Chocolate Nut Coffee! That sounds amazing!

Kim July 11, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Not much of anything! Had a busy day of preparing the menu plan for next week and the grocery list, did my workout, showered…relaxing a bit before time to make dinner and then probably catch up on some tv shows from this week. Have a great Friday night!

Ashley @ A Lady Goes West July 11, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I started my day with some overnight oats and catching up on the news online. Later this evening I will be teaching a BODYPUMP class and then going out for a casual sushi dindin with my husband. A great Friday in my book.

Nicole July 11, 2014 at 5:19 pm

The 3lb weights I use for Bar Method workouts feel like lead after 30-40 reps of an arm exercise!

Sarah July 11, 2014 at 5:24 pm

I worked till 3pm today then hit up the grocery store straight from work. Now I’m going to have an early dinner before body pump (crossing my fingers for the new release tonight!!) then blizzards from DQ on the way home. Sounds like a great Friday to me :)

Ganeeban July 11, 2014 at 6:10 pm

I like that simple lunch, I’m going to have to remember that :)

Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl July 11, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Looks like my kind of day:) I really want to try a barre class–one of my goals for next week!

Lisa July 11, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I just bought that laughing cow cheese! Loved it!

Cortney July 11, 2014 at 8:31 pm

My dad started with a run along the beach! I have no idea how long we will live in Cali, so I try and go as often as possible. Seeing the sunrise over the waves NEVER gets old!!!

Samantha July 11, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Hey Tina! Congrats on baby Q! He’s adorable! I’ve been reading your blog for years but have never posted before. I’m a first time mom too to a baby girl name Rose who was born Christmas Day 2013. Anyways, I found this video on pugs on huffington post and thought of you. It’s super cute!

Tina July 11, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Oh my goodness, those pug puppies! Adorable! Thanks for sharing the link! 😄

Kayla July 11, 2014 at 10:03 pm

The almonds and dark chocolate sounds so good right about now. I love chicken sausage and lately I have just been throwing it on the grill with asparagus, peppers, onion, tomato, zucchini, etc and letting it get all blackened. So good!

Katie @ skinnyminniemoves July 11, 2014 at 10:20 pm

That dish looks great!!! Low key friday night, early gym time in AM!

Rebecca July 12, 2014 at 2:38 am

Love the photo of Murphy, he looks so happy in the water! Friday started with sunflower butter on gluten free toast and a workout on the treadmill and finished with early Bastille Day celebrations (macarons and lots of cheese!)

Serena | Pretty Fluffy July 12, 2014 at 6:12 am

I just found your through Murphy’s Life Advice! I love that you look after him so well and his health is just as much a priority as the rest of the family. Pugs are the best x

CaraH July 12, 2014 at 7:50 am

Where did you take the barre class?

Tina July 12, 2014 at 8:35 am

I linked to it! 😉

CaraH July 14, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Ah.. there it is – thank you!

Tricia July 12, 2014 at 9:38 am

If it’s not too personal, I’d love to know more about your nursing supply/pumping. Seems like you must have an oversupply to do everything you’re doing. It fascinates me since I had an under supply. Are you doing anything or did you do anything while pregnant to support that? I’m pregnant again and considering giving it another go with nursing. You make it seem manageable.

Jolynn July 12, 2014 at 10:09 am

Totally off subject, but you look great!

Tina July 12, 2014 at 10:18 am

Thanks! 😄

Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out July 12, 2014 at 11:38 am

You look so cute! And almond + dark chocolate is THE BEST!

Nicole @ Squash on Squash July 12, 2014 at 5:23 pm

That looks like an awesome Friday! Also, I am really loving the kale and feta combo lately, and I think I’ll have to try out your dinner recipe soon! It looks great :)

Christine (The Raw Project) July 12, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Started my day with coffee, a smoothie, and paying bills. And we headed out to a new sushi place last night for dinner.

Julie @ RDelicious Kitchen July 12, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I recently made a very similar dinner. It was so quick and filling! Perfect for an easy weeknight meal.

Jamie s July 12, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I was never brave enough to drink during the day I was always scared my son would need to nurse before I could pump! Lol are you still nursing?

Tina July 13, 2014 at 1:16 am

Weight Loss July 13, 2014 at 3:53 am

I started my day with eat sahur at dawn :)