• Colored Jeans: Yay or Nay?

September 20, 2012

Greetings from Logan International Airport! I’m on my way to Fitbloggin’, so I’m taking advantage of the free Wifi to blog right now. Yay, baby.

023 (480x640)

Breakfast

I started my morning with a two-ingredient pancake made with two eggs, one banana, and a big scoop of almond butter for some extra staying power. Travel makes me a hungry gal!

006 (640x480)

After breakfast, I took Murphy to the dog park to run out some of his pent up pug energy and stretch his little doggie legs. He’ll be home alone for the majority of the day, so I wanted to make sure he got some exercise.

013 (640x480)

Plus, it was a beautiful morning for a walk in the park!

016 (640x480)

Do you want to go for a ride in the car to the park?

Doyouwantogoforaride

Murphy and I walked for about an hour and covered just over 2 miles. It was a nice, little workout for the both of us.

017 (640x480)

After the park, I returned home and drank half of a Kombucha. (I hear the enzymes and probiotics are good for the gut.) I drank the other half yesterday afternoon after a trip to Whole Foods for bananas and eggs.

018 (640x480)

FYI: Whole Foods is having some super sales right now. Chicken was just $1.99/pound and an 18-pack of eggs was $1.99. I stocked up on both, so we may or may not have 8 pounds of chicken and 4 dozen eggs in our refrigerator right now!

Lunch

For dinner last night, I had roasted chicken and Crispy Curried Sweet Potato Coins (recipe from Practical Paleo), so I packed up some leftovers to take with me on my trip to Baltimore this afternoon.

CrispyCurriedSweetPotatoCoins

Crispy Curried Sweet Potato Coins = LOVE. This is actually the second time I’ve made them in the past week because I just love them so much. I used mashed sweet potato instead of sliced sweet potato and they’ve turned out great both times.

I also packed a sliced banana with coconut butter as part of my lunch.

PicMonkey Collage

Once I was all packed up and ready to go, I headed to the airport to catch my flight. But, instead of walking a mile to the commuter rail, taking the train into the city, and then hopping on the subway to get to the airport, I splurged and took a taxi from my house—and it was glorious! I recently discovered a local cab company that offers a decent flat rate to the airport, so I took advantage of it. I’m also wearing a new pair of teal jeans, so I figured I should travel in style. Haha!

IMG_1660

Speaking of teal jeans, what do you think of this new colored jeans trend? I’ve been seeing them everywhere lately!

09202012_Us_RockstarDenim_hp

What do you think of colored jeans? Will you rock this look this fall?

I have to admit, I wasn’t initially on board with this trend, but now I kind of like it. It’s fun, right?

Leigh September 20, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Love the bright colored pants! I have hot pink, royal blue/purple and a pair of dark teal cords! So fun!

Chelsea Lords @ahintofhealthy September 20, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I LOVE colored jeans! They are so fun. My favorite color is teal, but right now I only have bright pink ones.

Shannon September 20, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Yay for colored jeans! They really make an outfit pop. I used to have a purple pair and a green pair…time to get more!

Alissa September 20, 2012 at 6:42 pm

At first I thought I wouldn’t like the colored jeans, until I tried a pair on and now I love them, especially the darker colors.

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 20, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I wasn’t a huge fan of first, but then I feel in love with a bright purple pair. They’re pretty wonderful :-)

Simone September 20, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I love the coloured jeans I have a pair of pink(ish) ones that I wear all the time! you can wear them casual and then throw on a pair of heels and they looks super dressy, LOVE!

Andrea September 20, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I wore my green ones today to Fitbloggin, so yes! Love the colored jeans thing.

Tracy September 20, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I love colored jeans! I plan to get a pink pair.

Have you ever thought of making a 2 ingredient pancake with pumpkin instead of banana?

Katie @ msfitrunner September 20, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I just started reading your blog – enjoying it! I came across your Mohegan sun giveaway and didn’t realize you were in new England – I live in central CT, and while my husband and I are not big gamblers, we used to go to Mohegan on date nights to eat and walk around, it’s like 30 mins from us. AND, I love the colored jeans, in fact I just bought two pairs of those old navy ones and then got the $19 email! I am going back tomorrow to price adjust:) have a great trip!

Heather @ passthedressing September 20, 2012 at 8:38 pm

When they first started becoming trendy I flashed back to junior high and automatically had a gag reflex. But I bought some and I think they look great!

michelle kim September 20, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I wish I could pull them off, haha… perhaps I’ll try the darker ones (especially for 19 bucks!)

Lauren September 20, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I love the colored jeans trend!! Especially in all the fall colors. I just got several pairs in burnt orange, dark teal, mustard yellow, and dark red. I was unsure of how/what to wear them with but I’ve been browsing pinterest and it’s given me a lot of great ideas!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 20, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Colored jeans are cute on teenagers, but I don’t think there really flattering to older woman!!!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats September 20, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I like colored jeans, as long as the person wearing them wears them well!

Lindsay September 21, 2012 at 3:07 am

Oh, here in S. Korea we are ALL about the colored jeans this season! I think when I return to the U.S. I have far too many Asian-inspired fashions now, because the women truly rock ANYTHING here. I’ve embraced that too! You are so Gangnam Style (yes, I actually live by the real neighborhood) Rock those teal legs girl!

Karen @ Runner Girl Eats September 21, 2012 at 6:52 am

I absolutely love colored jeans and plan on rocking them through the fall. AE has some really comfortable and affordable ones FYI

Katy @ HaveYouHurd September 21, 2012 at 7:12 am

Loving colored jeans right now! I have a dark teal color and they are super duper saweet!

Jodie September 21, 2012 at 7:27 am

I luv the coloured jeans, I just invested in some royal blue ones myself, loving them cut ally. I probably could not pull off ll colours but the green look nice on knew, I noticed them on your latest blog as I read that before this one.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 21, 2012 at 7:42 am

I love coloured jeans! I had a light pink pair for the summer and I just picked up some in red and royal blue for the fall. I love the pop of colour they add to an outfit!

absolute personal training September 21, 2012 at 8:01 am

Simple yet yummy breakfast. :)

Brittnie September 21, 2012 at 9:56 am

LOVE the colored jeans look. I have a pair of hot pink. This is not at all my natural style but I am branching out and embracing the trend. Ha!

Blair September 21, 2012 at 10:13 am

Ugh I want some so badly but I can rarely find them long enough and if I do, the material is usually so thin they look awful on my thunder thighs

Jolynn September 21, 2012 at 10:16 am

LOVE the jeans. I don’t think I’d be able to rock em tho. And where in the world do you find a rocking chair at in airport? weird!

Mandi @ Miles and Mascara September 21, 2012 at 10:23 am

@Jolynn: Haha, maybe its a small airport thing. We have loads of them in the Charleston, SC airport.

Mandi @ Miles and Mascara September 21, 2012 at 10:21 am

I love colored jeans. They’re so cute. Plus, its the only way I can get away with wearing jeans on a non-Friday to work. :)

Lauren @ The Homeostatic Mindset September 21, 2012 at 11:22 am

I have been rocking coloured jeans since January! I now have royal blue, red, white, ‘rust-coloured’ ones, purple, magenta, forest green, gray…I think that’s it? Lol, I clearly have a ‘problem’ with coloured skinny jeans :P

Alyssa September 21, 2012 at 11:53 am

I love colored jeans! I also have a teal colored pair of skinny jeans & they’re really cute. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on them.

Alisa September 21, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Love colored jeans!

Kristen Exline September 21, 2012 at 3:01 pm

YAY on the colored jeans fo sho!

Kelly@BalancedDaily September 21, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Love the colored jean trend. Last fall I bought a pair of red jeans and wore the a good amount! I think red might be out this fall so I might need to go shopping for a new color…I’m liking a dark eggplant for fall? Teal is awesome though! I’ve stolen my friends and wore them a time or two. You must buy really thick juicy pieces of chicken breast because your chunks always look so “chunky” and voluptuous haha, yum! …P.s. Logan has rocking chairs to sit in? kind of weird.

Nicole September 22, 2012 at 7:49 am

I’m sure your jeans are super-cute. I have bad memories of colored jeans in middle school so I may skip that trend!

Hillary September 22, 2012 at 10:01 am

Not to be a total creeper, but I definitely saw you at BWI on Thursday! I thought it was you, but it wasn’t until this post (where I noticed those green jeans!) that I put it all together. Enjoy Bmore; it’s an awesome city!

Stef September 23, 2012 at 11:56 am

I LOVE colored jeans! I have a pair of green Rockstar ones from Old Navy and they are so comfortable. I wish I had more though because I think people would notice if I wore the same ones every day. ;)

Stacey@Pugmamastace September 26, 2012 at 2:25 am

I am a fan of the colored skinny jeans! I have a pair in royal blue, and get compliments every time I wear them. I really want to try the sweet potato medallions now….

Danna October 12, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I love colored jeans! Where did you get your teal jeans? They are super cute.

Tina October 12, 2012 at 12:08 pm