• Comfort Food Mood

June 14, 2012

Hello, hello!

Murphy and I just got back from a lovely extra long afternoon walk. It’s his birthday after all, and I love spoiling him!

Workout

Before our walk, I headed out for a run. The beautiful weather inspired me to get moving. I mean, it isn’t always this gorgeous in Boston, so I need to take advantage while I can!

I guess I was really in the mood to run because I busted out some speedy miles. My last two miles were sub-8:00! Who am I!? I finished 3.1 miles in 25:21 (8:09 pace).

Once I finished my run, I grabbed some Brew GU GU Brew and the pug (who licked me to death), and headed out for a long walk. I kept my Timex GPS Watch running, so I could see how far Murphy and I walked. We covered just about two miles together.

2012-06-14_1456

Lunch

Before my run and pug walk, I ate lunch, which was “Oatmeal” Minus the Oats, but instead of mashed banana, I used pureed sweet potato (about 1/2 – 2/3 cup) in the recipe. Also in the mix: sliced almonds, chia seeds, and, of course, almond butter since it was in a nearly empty jar. The sweet potato variation of this recipe is definitely a winner. I want it for breakfast tomorrow morning!

_MG_8822 (750x499)

Snack

After my run and walk, I refueled with a sliced banana, peanut butter, and shredded coconut in a mug. I mashed it all together and, boy, was it delicious!

So, apparently, I’m all about the mushy, creamy comfort foods today. I wonder what that’s about?

What kind of foods do you tend to crave? Sweet? Salty? Something else?

Beside creamy comfort foods, I also crave nuts and nut butter quite frequently—oh, and beer… often.

P.S. A huge THANK YOU to those of you who attended the Stonyfield Frozen Yogurt Twitter Party last night! It was a HUGE success (over 1 million impressions!), and it really meant a lot to me that so many of you came out for it. Hopefully, there will be more opportunities like it in the future, especially fun ones with lots of prizes like last night! Again, THANK YOU!

Robyn June 15, 2012 at 12:48 am

My weakness is sunflower seed butter, almond butter and peanut butter I could eat a jar in one sitting

michelle kim June 15, 2012 at 12:56 am

I definitely crave sweets! Or sweet and salty combos like trail mix or peanut butter.
    My dog also licks me when I’m super sweaty and it feels so gross :P

Khushboo June 15, 2012 at 1:15 am

It depends on my mood but I normally crave sweet over savory, especially in the morning and mid afternoon!

Kelly @ My Love Affair With Running June 15, 2012 at 5:27 am

I crave wholegrain toast, peanut butter and banana. I had it for breakfast this morning and for my afternoon-pick-me-up. It is just too good.

Kristy Doyle June 15, 2012 at 7:11 am

You must go through almond butter VERY quickly! It seems like you always have an empty jar. I am the only person who eats it in my house, so it takes me forever to get to the coveted almost-empty-jar oatmeal.

chelsea June 15, 2012 at 8:52 am

happy birthday murphy!! today is my pugs birthday! he is 11 but still acts like a pup!! I crave salty comfort food…macaroni and cheese at least once a week is my fav!!

Cassie June 15, 2012 at 9:04 am

Chocolate…dark! And French fries…yum! ;)

Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 15, 2012 at 9:18 am

I usually crave something sweet or nuts/nut butters too! That banana with peanut butter and coconut looks delicious, I think I’ll have to try that tonight!

Sarah June 15, 2012 at 9:52 am

Love those pink sneakers! What kind are they?

Alyssa June 15, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I usually crave sweets like ice cream. But other times I want real comfort food like mac & cheese. Unfortunately, I don’t have the healthiest of cravings :/

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See June 16, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I always crave sweet foods or something gooey! Nut butter + banana usually fulfills that craving :) Sweet potato oats minus the oats sounds delish.