• Fitness Motivation from New Balance

May 29, 2012

As you probably know, I’m all about motivational quotes and mantras when it comes to fitness. (I actually have a whole Pinterest board devoted to them.) They inspire me to work hard and help me overcome challenges. With that said, here are some motivational fitness (and life) quotes from New Balance. They were printed on the floors of the New Balance offices, and I snapped photos of them when Team Off Balance visited before the relay.

IMG_4787 (480x640) (480x640) (480x640)

IMG_4780 (480x640) (480x640) (529x391)

IMG_4783 (640x480) (640x480) (539x397)

IMG_4785 (640x480) (640x480) (534x400)

What are your favorite motivational quotes? How do you remind yourself of them? Do you display them or keep a Pinterest board?

Speaking of New Balance, check out episode 1 from Reach the Beach! It’s called “Campfire”.

Lunch

Our refrigerator is packed full of fresh veggies (we did a huge shopping this week), so I threw together a massive salad with Bibb lettuce, tomatoes, shredded carrot, mushrooms, avocado, a hardboiled egg, almonds, raisins, cottage cheese, truffle oil, and balsamic vinegar.

I finished off lunch with a Four Seed Cookie that Lauren gave me. It was thick, delicious, and really filling.

Snack

I thought my massive salad and hearty cookie would hold off my hunger until CrossFit, but a few hours later, I found myself in the kitchen looking for a snack. I decided on a Kashi Honey Almond Flax bar and a banana. Apparently, I’m really hungry today!

I’m off to walk Murph and then to CrossFit. After spending all weekend at the Northeast Regional CrossFit Games, I’m psyched to get my WOD on!

P.S. I read this article in Men’s Health a few weeks ago and it sort of blew my mind. I just had to share: The Dirty Little Secret of Perfect Health.

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition May 29, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I love inspirational quotes- Here’s one of my favorite:

‘Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.’

I used this in every aspect of my life.

Here’s some more I love:

Grace @ Grace Dishes May 29, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Yum! That salad and cookie look delicious :)

Hope you had a wonderful long weekend!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul May 29, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I sometimes like to post nice quotes like that on Pinterest too. Keeps it all in one place, nice and neat. :) And isn’t it odd how some days we’re just ravenous all day long? I think certain workouts cause that more than others!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats May 29, 2012 at 3:39 pm

That article is really interesting!

Alyssa (pb and oatmeal) May 29, 2012 at 3:42 pm

My favorite quote for workout motivation is “no matter how slow you go, you’re still lapping everyone on the couch”

Megan@ The Running Doc May 29, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I liked the first episode from the relay race! I look forward to seeing the rest.

Jody May 29, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Your salad looks delish! I am wondering though, is that a dinner plate or a smaller salad plate? I thought it was a dinner plate, but it only looks as tall as the fork so I’m thinking its smaller.

Tina May 29, 2012 at 4:00 pm

It’s actually a massive bowl! :)

Abby @ BackAtSquareZero May 29, 2012 at 4:10 pm

“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.” – John Bingham

“I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.” ― Mae West

Both go great with my 2nd marathon (and hopefully a new PR) coming up.

Sana May 29, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I am actually considering trying out CrossFit!

Tina May 29, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Do it! :)

Annette@FitnessPerks May 29, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Great quotes!! I also love a bit of humor in ‘em such as “Love Doesn’t Need Handles” “If You Change Nothing, Nothing Will Change” and “Wow, I really hated that workout….said NO ONE ever” :)

I pin those bad boys all the time–makes me inspired to work/lift/run harder!

That Kashi bar is yummmmmm-y. Have fun at CF!

Ashley @ coffee cake and cardio May 29, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I love those quotes!

Dawn May 29, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I guess I’m not necessarily a “positive mantra” kind of gal, but whenever I have to push through something difficult or unpleasant I always tell myself, “You don’t have to like it. You just have to do it.” It’s weird, but if I remind myself that I’m allowed to hate the activity, I can usually overcome my inertia, and once I’m into it I often end up enjoying myself. (Unfortunately, reminding my partner that he doesn’t have to like cleaning the bathroom does nothing to help him overcome his inertia.)

Thanks for sharing the Reach the Beach video. Your voice sounds so different from what I expected! I was shocked by it – but then I was more shocked by the fact that I had any expectations about your voice. What the heck?

Laura is Undeterrable May 29, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Going to get your “Murph” on? That WOD was killer. Almost RXed but had to drop to my knees on the last 20 or so push ups. Awesome WOD though.

Tina May 29, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Our box was closed this weekend, but I am dying to do Murph!!!!!

Nice job on the WOD! :)

KaraHadley May 29, 2012 at 5:11 pm

So I just had my Crossfit fit test and I asked the trainers why most of the WODs are named after women. They said they were named after the original Crossfit women and that it was just easy to say a name rather than explain the whole WOD every time.
    I know you were wondering about that and didn’t know if you’d ever found out why.

Tina May 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Thank you! What’d you think of CrossFit?

Rita May 29, 2012 at 5:21 pm

That is a very interesting article. Thanks!

Meg May 29, 2012 at 6:48 pm

My favorite: Don’t wish it were easier – wish you were better!

Elizabeth May 29, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I loved that video, I can’t wait to see the others! I also loved how NB places those around the workplace, I so wish my work would do that!:)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 29, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I love mantras and quotes as well. They definitely push me through some of the harder workouts, days and aspects of life.

Sharon May 29, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I loved the quotes. Here are a couple more:
    “Above all try something.” – FDR
    “You only live once but if you do it right once is enough.” – Mae West

Thanks for sharing. That cookie really looked good.

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama May 29, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Quotes are great inspiration to get you fired up and your head in the game.

And the article…creepy right? I work in a hospital and we are always be told to wash in between patients and use foam hand sanitizer. It does help but maybe it’s killing too much stuff?

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 29, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I wish I could work in their offices!!!!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food May 29, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I love motivational quotes. It’s funny how one little set of words can mean to much and hit someone on so many levels! One of my favorites is:

“If Plan A fails, remember you have 25 letters left.”

Tina May 29, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Ha! Love that! :)

Sneakers2Sandals May 29, 2012 at 9:25 pm

That vid actually made me get a little teary! I look forward to more episodes :)

Deb @ wiseupslimdown May 29, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Wow, that article is both shocking and fascinating at the same time. Thanks for posting that.

Loved the video of your team and I just love salads with leftovers. It’s one way to keep them interesting.

Catalina @ Cake with Love May 29, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Love all the quotes, thanks for sharing, I also have a Pinterest board dedicated to them, I am following your now!!

Adri May 29, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I have a bunch:

“Sweat is Fat crying.”
    “Running is a pain in the ass. But it sure gives me a nice one.”
    “Leave as little to chance as possible. Preparation is the key to success.”
    “Seven days without exercise makes one weak.”
    “Believe you can and you are half way there.”
    “Be your own inspiration.”
    “Life begins at the end of your confort zone.”

And a funny one

“Exercise in the morning before your brain figures out what you are doing.”

Tina May 29, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Ha! Love the last one!

Teresa @ fitnwoodbine.blogspot.com May 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I love all the inspiring quotes!! I really want to try crossfit too!!

Natalie May 29, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I love those quotes on the floors! If only every gym had those where you walked.

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I love motivational quotes too! My favorite is “do it for those who can’t”.

Khushboo May 30, 2012 at 1:02 am

My favorite is definitely “You’re only one workout away from a good mood”

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See May 30, 2012 at 1:35 am

Love those inspirational quotes! I love how differently fitness companies do that, simply because I tend to need it most when I expend a lot of energy working out after a long day :)

mary @ minutespermile May 30, 2012 at 6:24 am

ha! really cool video. funny and awkward campfire clip.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 30, 2012 at 7:45 am

That’s so awesome that New Balance has quotes on its floors. I would love having all that motivation right in my face every day. :D

Lisa May 30, 2012 at 8:22 am

That New Balance tour was awesome! I love that its made in the USA and that they put so much effort into making a good shoe like that! very impressive :) Your voice was nothing like I expected!! lol Def shocked me, I had to rewind the video and check the title to make sure I read the name right lol Cool video!!

Courtney May 30, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I love these quotes – they keep me motivated. I post them on my blog for others to download and post in their office etc :)