• Who’s “Your” Team?

April 26, 2012

Wicked bummer about the Bruins. They lost in overtime 2-1 to the Capitals last night. I’m not a huge hockey fan, but I was still a little sad that they lost.

Dinner

Before the Bruins game, Mal and I met up with our long, lost friends Dave and Marie for dinner at Max & Dylans (my 30th surprise birthday party was there!). They moved to Maine back in the fall, which was very, very, very sad, so we don’t see them as much anymore, but they were both in Boston for the day yesterday, so we made plans to get together.

For dinner, I ordered the Roasted Turkey Sandwich, which came with oven-roasted turkey, avocado, Jack cheese, and cranberry chutney and French fries on the side. It was sort of a pathetic-looking sandwich, but it was really tasty and an awesome mix of flavors.

It was so great to catch up with Dave and Marie. It was just like old times. We’re planning to get together again in early June, mid-July, and one other time this summer, so they won’t be our long, lost friends anymore.

Breakfast

I woke up craving peanut butter and banana this morning—but not any ol’ peanut butter, specifically Super Chunky Teddie Peanut Butter, which, in my opinion, is the best peanut butter on earth. It’s thick, chunky, and salty, which tastes amazing with banana or anything slightly sweet. I really love that salty-sweet combo.

I loaded the peanut butter on thick this morning.

The FITNESS Free for All

Love this and wanted to share!

FITNESS Magazine is launching their first-ever Free-For-All on May 1, teaming up with gyms across the country including Bally Total Fitness, Crunch, Gold’s Gym, Boston Sports Clubs, New York Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, 24 Hour Fitness and select YMCA locations, to celebrate the brand’s 20th Anniversary by offering readers a Free Day of Fitness.

Along with free access to gyms across the country, FITNESS is also hosting five V.I.P. workout events with celebrity trainers Jackie Warner, Harley Pasternak, Billy Blanks, Jim Karas and Beto Perez. The trainers will be teaching exclusive classes for FITNESS readers who respond to calls to action via Facebook and Twitter. The events will be held in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami and New York City.

Visit http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/motivation/get-started/fitness-free-for-all/ to find all of the participating gym locations and to download a free pass.

Who’s “your” sports team?

The only sports team I’ve ever followed (ever) is the UVM men’s basketball team when Mal was in school there and for the few years following. I was semi-obsessed with the team and followed their season very closely. When the head coaches (Tom Brennan and then Mike Lonergan) left, I stopped following the team.

P.S. Check out Dr. Hale’s safe sun tips for runners and enter to win some sunscreen over on Trading Up Downtown today!

RunEatRepeat April 26, 2012 at 10:35 am

I like when you say wicked :)

Tina April 26, 2012 at 12:53 pm

@RunEatRepeat: Marylou’s coffee is wicked good after a red eye flight!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries April 26, 2012 at 10:36 am

i grew up in a HUGE green bay packers family. my dad is from wisconsin and my grandparents still live there. and then of course i marry a die hard chicago bears fan. haha needless to say, that crazy rival has been interesting since we’ve been married! :)

Kelly April 26, 2012 at 10:36 am

I always thought I was a Colts fan that was until they cut Peyton Manning this spring and he signed with the Broncos. I guess I really don’t have a team but more like a person. I am a Peyton Manning fan through and through and will root for any team that he is a part of. :)

mindy @ just a one girl revolution. April 26, 2012 at 10:38 am

I love my Detroit Tigers!! Go Tigs!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas April 26, 2012 at 10:41 am

I am an all New York Gal! Yankee fan, Giant fan, and Ranger fan! Not too into the NBA though!

Khushboo April 26, 2012 at 10:50 am

Go Arsenal!

robfiasco April 26, 2012 at 10:51 am

i’m glad the Bruins lost…haha. They’re a bunch of punks. Especially Lucic. :)

i’m a huge football and hockey fan. Primarily Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres but also a fan of Houston sports since i’ve lived there also.

Needless to say, the Bills and Sabres have never won a championship. The bills lost 4 superbowls in a row and have only been to the playoffs once since then….(back in 2000!!!) I’m hoping I see at least 1 in my lifetime.

Katie April 26, 2012 at 10:52 am

MSU (Michigan State University), Detroit – Lions, Tigers, and RedWings!

Trisha April 26, 2012 at 10:54 am

There’s really nothing better than catching up with good friends!

“My” team is the Milwaukee Brewers. Baseball, baby! To be honest, I was never really a fan until hubby got into it 6ish years ago. Then I caught the fever & really got into it. I even took second place in a fantasy baseball leauge compiled of all dudes! Gmes at Miller Park are so SO. MUCH. FUN. that we decided to buy season tickets this year. We even named our dog Fielder, after Prince Fielder, who was unfortunately traded to the Tigers this year. :(

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups April 26, 2012 at 10:55 am

We were cheering for the Bruins last night too since my fiance is a fan of all things Boston. I’m a Florida Gators girl! :)

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 26, 2012 at 10:58 am

I’m a PHILLIES Phan!!!

Coco April 26, 2012 at 11:09 am

Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Orioles…oh, and the Capitals. Sorry Tina :)

Stephanie April 26, 2012 at 11:09 am

Phillies !! And Flyers in the NHL playoffs, of course.

Cait's Plate April 26, 2012 at 11:13 am

I’m pretty much a Boston girl when it comes to sports. I went to BC and it just gets in your blood when you’re there :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape April 26, 2012 at 11:18 am

I don’t follow many sports teams, but I was obsessed with Andy Roddick for a while. I used to play badminton competitively back in high school (feel free to laugh — most do, lol) and I find tennis a lot like watching badminton. And the men are usually pretty nice to look at ;)

kathleen @ the daily crumb April 26, 2012 at 11:18 am

i’m a chicago girl all the way! love all of our teams…. especially the bears :)

Kerry @ Totes My Oats April 26, 2012 at 11:36 am

College football… I’m an Auburn Tiger. War Eagle!

Alyssa @ fit and fun in third April 26, 2012 at 11:38 am

I love the Dallas Cowboys and even have a cat named Romo!

mary @ minutespermile April 26, 2012 at 11:43 am

Caps. Sorry Tina!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio April 26, 2012 at 11:49 am

I am proud to say that I am a CAPS fan :) I also love the Spurs, Nationals, Redskins, George Mason University, Kansas State University, and the University of Iowa. I’m kind of a huge sports fan.

Samantha April 26, 2012 at 11:49 am

I’m moving to Chicago in June! Wish the fitness event was while I’m there. Oh well, lots other fun stuff to do. Also, I wish I had that sandwich or lunch now!

Grace @ Grace Dishes April 26, 2012 at 11:54 am

I was never a huge sports fan until I started dating my boyfriend 6 years ago so I support any team he loves. He is a huge sports fan and loves watching, reading and going to any sport event. He says the only sport he won’t watch is curling LOL!

He loves his Yankees, Penn State Nittany Lions, Tampa Bay Bucs, Tampa Lightening, and Chelsea for soccer!

GreenGirlRunning April 26, 2012 at 11:55 am

Run Eat Repeat said she likes when you say “wicked” and I thought the exact same thing when I read your post! Too bad a Californian couldn’t get away with saying it :)

Catalina @ Cake with Love April 26, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Well I am not really into sports team, for college basketball I am a fan on UNC since my husband graduated from their business school, and in football it really comes down to whose quaterback is cuter, I like Tom Brady! :)

Jocelyn April 26, 2012 at 12:09 pm

My boyfriend is a BIG Bruins fan. He was SO sad last night. Like…. eat ice cream out of the container like a girl…sad. Poor guy. Our Boston teams are having a rough go this year. Hopefully the Sox with the World Series. It will be a little redemption.

Alex @ therunwithin April 26, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I miss hearing Wicked on a daily basis! I still use it but get so many weird looks down south!

Corrie Anne April 26, 2012 at 12:33 pm

The Minnesota TWINS! And the Santiago Aguilas too! :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 26, 2012 at 12:38 pm

My team is the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!! My mom is a huge fan and made a big deal out of their games every Saturday (still does), so they will always be my team! Every year my cousin and I INSIST they are going to win the Super Bowl, even up until their last game! Guess what? They are winning in 2013!!! Watch out!

Amanda April 26, 2012 at 12:44 pm

LSU Tigers!!

Annette@FitnessPerks April 26, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I am not a sports’ team fan at all. My husband isn’t either, but we both enjoy watching a good college football game (actually, he watches, I bake. It works!)

I love a good nutbutter in the a.m. too!

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats April 26, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I’m from DC, the land where no sports teams are ever that good (Redskins? Nationals? Wizards? Come on!) So I was pretty happy when the Caps won last night. Woo!!!

Caitlin Murphy April 26, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I know I’m sorry about the Bruins loss last night. I’m originally from the DC area so I was rooting for the Caps, but it was a great series! All of the games went into overtime for the first time in NHL history. Great game and great effort all around from both teams.

Corrie @ Blurb Column April 26, 2012 at 1:20 pm

The only sport I follow is pro-football. I was a Colts fan back when Tony Dungee was the coach. I love the Packers and I am a pretty big Eagles fan. I am also a Steelers fan. But I like to watch any game where the teams are playing GOOD football.

Megan April 26, 2012 at 1:42 pm

FLYERS!!!!! I was totally rooting for the CAPS, though. Sorry Tina.

Kristin April 26, 2012 at 2:13 pm

San Francisco GIANTS!!!!! AT&T Park is my favorite place in the entire world…it’s definitely a bucket list place to visit :)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 26, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Pittsburgh Pirates, Steelers, Penguins, and Panthers. :)

Allison F. April 26, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I’m from Iowa which has NO professional sports teams…lame! But I love the St. Louis Cardinals, Detroit Red Wings, and Green Bay Packers!

Melissa @ squats and squash April 26, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I went to Texas A&M university, making me an Aggie fan for life :) also, LOVE my Dallas mavs!!! Hockey isn’t so big here in Texas, hate to say!

Jodi April 26, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I’m a Vermonter and miss Coach Brennan too! Did you ever hear his radio show? It was hilarious but sadly once he retired so did the show. Wicked bummer! ;)

Vicki April 26, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Hoo…Hoo…Hoosiers (Indiana Hoosiers that is)

Stephanie @My Freckled Life April 26, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I went to Virginia Tech for undergrad and a grad school, so I am definitely a HUGE Hokies fan! My fiance and I even named our dog Laney after Lane Stadium! :)

Other than that, I generally follow DC teams – especially the Nationals. Too bad they aren’t very good…

Hillary April 26, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Red Sox blood runs through my veins! Generations of my dad’s family have loved them, and I can’t imagine every cheering for any other team!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I’m not really a sports fan… but I’m a big turkey sandwich fan. And that one looks good! Bars and pubs always have such good, hearty sandwiches. :D

Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife April 26, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Penn State & Philadelphia Eagles !! Love me some football! Totally in withdrawal until the season starts up again!!

Lynn April 26, 2012 at 10:49 pm

The NY Rangers…Let’s Go Rangers!!

Jeanelle @ Glocal Girl April 27, 2012 at 3:29 am

I’m from Sacramento… so the Sacramento Kings! But now that I live in Europe I’ve (sloowly) started getting more into futbol. The World Cup was so fun to watch!

Alyssa April 27, 2012 at 6:57 am

NJ DEVILS!

Grace April 28, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I’m pretty obsessed with the Capitals actually… (sorry!) I’ve watched every single game this season, I know everyone on the roster and their backgrounds, the prospects, been through all the ups and downs, etc. I love this team.

Alejandra April 28, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I’m obssesed with Barca, the Yankees and the Hokies!