• Pumpkin Protein Pancakes (Wicked Good)

April 3, 2012

Umm, yum.

I made Pumpkin Protein Pancakes for breakfast this morning, and they totally rocked my world. The texture and taste reminded me of a pumpkin muffin, so I must have said “oh my gosh, these are delicious” at least three or four times while I was eating them. And, just as awesome, they’re loaded with protein! This pancake recipe has close to 30g!

IMG_2567 (750x518)_thumb[2]

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
    2. Heat pan (or griddle) over medium heat; coat with non-stick cooking spray.
    3. Pour batter onto the pan/griddle.
    4. Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
    5. Serve with your favorite toppings.

Makes 2-3 pancakes

IMG_2565 (750x563)_thumb[2]

I topped my pancakes with peanut butter and banana slices. I also drank an iced coffee with almond milk and a water bottle of G.I. Balance.

IMG_2559 (750x563)_thumb[1]

Mom, those Pumpkin Protein Pancakes look wicked good. Please share with meeeee!

IMG_2140 (541x750)_thumb[1]

Oh, that adorable pug face… it gets me every time, but I didn’t share my pancakes with Murphy this morning. I did, however, give him a big pug hug once I was finished eating.

Speaking of adorable pugs, I’m not quite sure what to think of this pug-bunny thing:

tumblr_lk618rwNRz1qbtbalo1_500_thumb

Mal thinks it’s cute; I think it’s a bit creepy.

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 3, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Bananas – yum!

Pug/Bunny -seriously creepy! I thought it was real!

Kate April 3, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Could you make these sans-protein powder? Think it would work?

Tina April 3, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I don’t think they’d work without the protein powder. Sorry! What about trying this recipe? http://carrotsncake.com/2012/03/omg-pancakes.html

Shauna @ Balancing Bites April 3, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Yum, the pancakes look amazing. I love pumpkin pancakes. I’m going to try them tomorrow.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers April 3, 2012 at 8:28 pm

lol, Murphy is so cute as a rabbit! Your pancakes look so good!

Megan @ Weddings and Workouts April 3, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Yum!! I’ve never seen canned pumpkin in Australia before. Do you think I could use pumpkin soup (the canned, concentrate type, if that makes sense!), or just mashed fresh pumpkin?

Tina April 4, 2012 at 6:31 am

@Megan @ Weddings and Workouts: Mashed fresh pumpkin would work! :)

Luv What You Do April 3, 2012 at 9:10 pm

There is nothing better than a breakfast that ROCKS YOUR WORLD, especially one that involvest pumpkin. I can’t wait to make these guys. Any suggestions for a protein powder? Or supplement? I don’t typically keep protein powder in the house!

Tina April 4, 2012 at 6:30 am

@Luv What You Do: This is my favorite protein powder: https://opensky.com/carrotsncake/product/foodscience-protein-powder It’s so delicious!

page April 4, 2012 at 11:55 am

OMG – MUST. TRY THESE. NOW!

Thanks for sharing.

Dasha April 5, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Just made this …. Absolutely delicious. Can’t wait to eat all of them tomorrow morning!!! I didn’t have any flaxseed, but I think I will get this over the weekend, so that I can try the whole recipe.

Allison G April 6, 2012 at 10:09 am

Banana’s scare me…think they would be ok without?

Dawn April 6, 2012 at 8:45 pm

So good! Made the batter yesterday and finally made them today. Delicious and worth the wait. Can’t wait to finish up the can of pumpkin into smoothies and more of these tasty pancakes!!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva April 7, 2012 at 5:56 am

Those pancakes look divine…totally going to whip up a batch on the weekend

Daniel April 8, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Thanks for the recipe. I had canned pumpkin and was wondering what I could do with it. I usually add it to my protein shakes because I enjoy pumpkin, but when I came across this I was hooked! Thanks again.

taryn May 1, 2012 at 9:46 am

There look great!! Would they work without the ground flaxseed meal ?

Tina May 1, 2012 at 9:49 am

I think so! :)

Julia Grace May 1, 2012 at 11:58 am

Hi Tina, quick question for you: these do look fabulous, but I’m confused where you buy canned pumpkin during the “off season”. My local grocery stores only carry it during the fall (September – Thanksgiving) but since you make pumpkin foods so often you must have a secret to obtaining it in spring/summer. Many thanks!

Tina May 1, 2012 at 12:03 pm

My grocery store sells it year-round. I believe Whole Foods does too, and you can always buy it online from Amazon! :)

Molly May 11, 2012 at 9:07 am

I cannot wait to try these!

Stefanie June 3, 2012 at 1:38 pm

YUM! I just made these (with some modifications…no banana, so more pumpkin!) and they were amazing! I’m always looking for recipes where I can use my vanilla protein powder, and anything with pumpkin (they are sold in such large cans lol). I also topped mine with pumpkin peanut butter. If you haven’t tried it before, you should definitely make it! I found it in a healthy dessert blog: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/13/pumpkin-nut-butter/

Coleen November 15, 2012 at 1:23 pm

For some reason the link to the protein
    powder isn’t working. Does anyone know the name
    of the protein powder? Thanks!

Lucie January 2, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Saw this on Lauren Hefez’s blog and it’s already prepped for breakfast tomorrow! Sounds seriously delish, can’t wait. Thanks for sharing!

Tina January 2, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Hope you love ‘em! :)

Lauren February 11, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Could you make these ahead of time and freeze them?

Tina February 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Probably! :)

Unmani Patel April 18, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Is it possible to make these protein pancakes without bananas, as I am allergic to them?