• I Bet You Didn’t Know III

April 9, 2012

Good morning! Happy Monday! My countdown to vacation has officially begun: 5 days. Woohoo! I cannot wait!

Remember my I Bet You Didn’t Know posts? If you missed them, here’s I Bet You Didn’t Know and I Bet You Didn’t Know II. I love these kinds of posts because I get to share things you probably don’t know about me, and I love reading the comments you guys leave. There’s always some interesting stuff!

So, without further ado, here’s the next edition of I Bet You Didn’t Know!

I bet you didn’t know…

I’m obsessed with being early. I absolutely hate being late to appointments and events, so I always arrive ridiculously early to them, like two hours (or more) before a flight. And if I’m ever running late, I stress-out like a crazy person. Basically, being early (not even just on time) is part of who I am. I even arrived 15 days before my due date.

1807

I love all kinds of music, but I really don’t like Reggae. I have no idea why, but I just can’t stand it. The second it comes on the radio, I change the station.

Reggae

Murphy isn’t the only dog I’ve owned. Ok, this only half true. When I was a kid, my dad owned an Irish Setter named Copper, but neither of them lived with us (my mom, sister, and me). I guess Copper was my dog on the weekends.

1822

I grind my teeth in my sleep, so I wear a mouthguard (almost) every night. Just ask Mal, it’s really hot.

I’ve never tried a cigarette, and I never will. Growing up, both of my parents smoked cigarettes, and it made me so angry, so I’ve never had the desire to try one—even when it was “cool” in 7th grade.

no_smoking-2158

Breakfast

Great breakfast this morning! I had scrambled eggs with chopped kale and crumbled blue cheese mixed in and toast with butter.

And red grapes on the side.

I also drank a glass of iced coffee with almond milk. Mmm! Big fan of this meal.

Satisfied Cravings

My friend Elina recently launched a new business called Satisfied Cravings. Back in November, she quit her stressful job in finance to take her passion for healthy cooking to the next level with Satisfied Cravings.

Elina offers lunchtime private and semi-private cooking lessons in her Back Bay home, which is perfect for busy Bostonians living or working in the area. The goal of each of her lessons is to give her clients solutions to their healthy eating challenges. The sample menu on her website shows a few examples of what you might make in class, but everything is custom.

Elina also hosts healthy cooking parties at people’s homes (within 20 miles of Boston) where you can develop a more elaborate menu, which is a great way to turn healthy cooking into a social event—perfect for couple or a girls’ night.

Please check out Elina’s website, read about her services, and, if you wish, sign up for a lesson. Elina is offering 10% off your first package with a CNC10 promo code.

What are some of your “I Bet You Didn’t Knows”?

Reese April 9, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I’m ALWAYS late, grind my teeth (no guard though), make my bed every single day, and cannot go to sleep if the house is messy.

Funny post.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) April 9, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I am ALWAYS early/on time too. I am the same way you are…I stress like crazy if I’m running late.
    My favorite “I Bet You Didn’t Know” is that i was on my way to getting my pilot’s license. I even flew by myself. I had a scary incident where my engine died in flight and I couldn’t restart it. Made me think about doing crazy stuff like that a little more. :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 9, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I wear a night guard b/c I grind my teeth, too! Have you had to buy replacements before, because you’ve actually grinded holes into the guard?? I have … this is (I think) my 5th guard in the past 10 years haha!

And I’m exactly the same way when it comes to being early. The thought of being late for anything makes me anxious!

Tina April 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I JUST made a hole in mine last week. I need to talk to my dentist about repairing it or getting a new one soon!

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie April 9, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I bet you didn’t know that I really don’t like octopus!

Hayley @ Oat Couture April 9, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Ahh I grind my teeth as well!! :/ Apparently it makes a fabulous noise! Notttt! Haha! Might look into getting a guard as I worry about the damage it might be doing. Is it uncomfortable to sleep with? Also are they expensive?

marie April 9, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Mine’s kind of the opposite of yours…I did smoke cigarettes and those cigarette-sized cigars for a couple of years but on a casual and social basis. It was mostly any time I was drunk or really stressed. After a while, I was smoking more often, like a few times a week, and then just completely stopped. If I had kept going I would have probably gotten addicted.

Erica April 9, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I’ve never ever had a cigarette either!!!

Gladyxa: Happily Curvy April 9, 2012 at 6:39 pm

omg, I felt like you were talking about me! I am always early, if I’m on time that to me is being late. My heart races and I get in a terrible mood if I’m late. My mom was a freak about tardiness so that’s where I got it from. Smoking is something I am SO AGAINST! My parents smoked too, off and on, and I would always nag nag nag and drive them crazy when they smoked. Can you picture it… An eight year old kid giving her mom and dad the DARE scare! Haha.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 9, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I’m always early too! It’s kind of annoying because I get really stressed out about running late! :P I wish I could be more laid-back about it!

Roz@weightingfor50 April 9, 2012 at 6:59 pm

How fun. Love the “betcha didn’t know”. For me, betcha didn’t know I have a fantasy of being a contestant on Jeopardy. (though I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t make it on there)

Kelly April 9, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I agree on the smoking thing- my grandfather passed away from lung cancer when I was in 4th grade so I’ve always been pretty anti-smoking! I also grind my teeth at night and have to wear a mouthguard haha :)

Irina @ ChocolaTeaTime April 9, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Yesss I’m so glad to see that someone else is as psycho about lateness as I am (and I mean that in the best way possible!). I always tell people that if I’m ever late then it’s on purpose, which is true about 95% of the time :)

Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 9, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I’m the same way about smoking, my mom smoked while I was growing up (finally cut the habit a few years ago) and it grossed me out and embarrassed me so much that I swore to never smoke and I’ve kept to it!

Megan @ Weddings and Workouts April 10, 2012 at 2:17 am

I cannot stand being late, either. If I’m less than 20 minutes early for work I feel like I’m late! I even apologise to my boss if I get to work at, say, 8.20, even though I don’t start till 8.30!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com April 10, 2012 at 9:19 am

Being late is way too stressful for me to deal with so I am absolutely always early! I like Raggae as well, but my Pandora is almost always set for Zumba haha. sometimes a little latin beat gets me through the day!
    i bet you didnt know i love architecture. I think it is one of the most fascinating things about seeing new places; learning about the culture, history and architecture. when i went to europe for the first time i was in heaven seeing some of the ancient ruins!!!

TERESA April 10, 2012 at 9:23 am

Silly question……
    I’ve noticed your toast, and sandwiches, are using what looks like a special kind of bread, can you share what kind it is?
    Thanks,
    Teresa

Tina April 10, 2012 at 9:34 am

It’s Udi’s bread.

Katy @ HaveYouHurd April 10, 2012 at 9:25 am

I freak out about being late and I HATE HATE HATE cigarrettes because my Mom smoked. Now she has lung cancer. True story. DON’T SMOKE!

Kat @ Balancing Kat April 10, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I can’t believe you don’t like reggae! LOL! Reggae takes me on a mini-vacation in my mind when I hear it.

Most people don’t know that I played the clarinet in band while I was in middle school. One time at band camp… :)

Tiffani April 12, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Just remember, having to wear a mouth guard is better than having to wear head gear!!!

Bjorg April 13, 2012 at 12:13 am

I’ve never smoked and never will!

It’s my number one rule in life!
    I love reading these posts, always read something surprising about you :)