• Easter Brunch

April 9, 2012

Hi, friends! I hope you had a wonderful Easter Sunday!

I spent Easter at my grandmother’s house surrounded by lots of family. It was strange not having Grampie there carving the ham like he normally does, but we were all thinking about him—all 32 of us. That’s right, my Grammie had 32 people for Easter brunch yesterday. It was crazy, but really nice to have all of our family together.

We had all the fixings for a delicious Easter brunch: mashed potatoes, cheesy ravioli cups, carrots, mashed butternut squash, roasted Brussels sprouts…

Scalloped potatoes, lasagna, broccoli salad, coleslaw, green beans…

And, of course, ham.

I added lots of veggies and a big piece of ham to my plate. Everything tasted so good.

M & T!

After brunch came dessert. My family loves sweets, so there was quite the selection of goodies to choose from.

I helped myself to a Chocolate-Covered Oreo.

A Lemon Square.

A piece of Mango Tea Bread that I baked for brunch. (My friends at Whole Foods gave me some free mangos, so I whipped up this recipe. It turned out so well– light, sweet, and delicious!)

And then my mom and I split a piece of chocolate cake. It was dessert heaven.

After brunch at Grammie’s house, Mal and I stopped by his parents’ house to wish them a happy Easter and catch up for a little while. We only stayed for about an hour because we needed to get home to Murphy. It was an hour past the pug’s dinnertime, and I’m sure he was staring at the clock as he slowly wasted away. His life is so hard.

Happy Easter!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas April 9, 2012 at 7:23 am

Happy Easter! Those desserts look amazing! :)

Nicole April 9, 2012 at 7:24 am

We’re convinced our Labs can tell time…they campaign for breakfast and dinner at the same time everyday and seem “furious” if they eat dinner later than usual!

Khushboo Thadani April 9, 2012 at 7:25 am

Holy chocolate heaven- that platter looks so good…I suddenly the strongest craving for chocolate-covered pretzels :)!

Lauren April 9, 2012 at 7:29 am

Looks like a lovely Easter, but I must ask, why do you buy gluten free bread, when you clearly are not sticking to a gluten free diet?

Tina April 9, 2012 at 7:33 am

I’m just trying to eat less of it to see if it makes a difference. I’m meeting with my doctor tomorrow, so I’m going to ask him if it’s worth cutting back versus eliminating it all together.

Alicia at Poise in Parma April 9, 2012 at 7:33 am

Wow, 32 people. I’m a bit jealous, I have to admit! What a wonderful way to spend time with your Grandma!!

Michelle (Peachy Palate) April 9, 2012 at 7:41 am

Mango tea bread looks yum! As do the lemon squares!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats April 9, 2012 at 7:46 am

That looks like a delicious spread! How sweet of your grandmother to include so many people! Glad you had a great Easter!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 9, 2012 at 7:47 am

Wow that is a TON of food… so many choices! Cheesy ravioli cups sound heavenly!

kristle April 9, 2012 at 9:24 am

@Erica @ For the Sake of Cake: yes, what ARE cheesey ravioli cups? sounds delish

Tina April 9, 2012 at 9:25 am

Just ravioli with sauce and melted cheese on top! :)

Debra@FitandFab365 April 9, 2012 at 7:56 am

Wow. 32 people. That chocolate cake looks delicious. I’m intrigued by the cheesy ravioli cups. Looks like you had a great day.

Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 9, 2012 at 7:58 am

I can’t imagine coordinating a dinner for 10 people let alone 32, your grandmother is amazing!

Everything looks so good, I’m glad you had a good Easter!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh April 9, 2012 at 8:06 am

Okay, can I trade my Easter for yours?? All of the food looks so good and flavorful! My family are not culinary adventurers if you get my drift. I hope you got home to Murphy in time before he learned to dial 9-1-1.

Tina April 9, 2012 at 8:07 am

LOL!! I bet if dialing 911 involved chicken, Murphy could learn in seconds!

Meagan April 9, 2012 at 8:27 am

How funny- we called my grandparents Grammie and Grampie, and that’s what my parents are now called by their grandchildren! :)

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio April 9, 2012 at 8:32 am

So fun!! It’s wonderful that you have so much family so close. Don’t ever take that for granted :)

Mindy - clueless nut April 9, 2012 at 8:40 am

Looks like you had a fun and filling Easter! The brunch spread sounds tasty, but the desserts sound amazing. I will have to try the mango tea bread… so yum!

katie @ KatieDid April 9, 2012 at 10:21 am

the mango bread sounds fantastic! the mangoes are just pureed right into the dough? sounds like a wonderful day with a ton of family!

Serena April 9, 2012 at 10:35 am

Holy food! What a great spread!

Cait's Plate April 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Holy cow – 32 people!? That’s one heck of a family gathering! :)

Happy Easter Tina!

Luv What You Do April 9, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I just added that Mango Tea Bread to my recipe box. It looks and sounds so good! What a wonderful day spent with your family! That’s a great way to start the week!

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie April 9, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Mmm dessert heaven!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 9, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Wow what an impressive spread of food! Especially all those desserts. 😀 That mango tea bread sounds really interesting – I’ve never thought to bake with mango before!

Ashley April 9, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I can’t believe I’m focusing on this instead of the amazing spread, but are those monk salt and pepper shakers?? Um. Adorable!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com April 10, 2012 at 9:11 am

that looks like a fabulous easter!! although it was only my husband and I celebrating this year we still tried to make it special by having traditional turkey, roasted veggies (i ever got him to eat brussel sprouts!) and mashed yams. sometimes a good holiday meal is so satisfying, especially next to the ones we love :-)