• No More Excuses! Motivational Quotes to Get Your Butt In Gear

March 3, 2012

I had a little pity party for myself this morning. I got pissed. I cried. And then I got over it.

Life’s not fair.

Accept and adjust.

My goal was to return to CrossFit today to do WOD 12.2, but, sadly, I’m still in no condition to do any sort of strenuous exercise, which means I’ll probably take a DNF on this workout. Obviously, I’m bummed, but I’m not going to push myself before my body is totally healthy.

Instead of letting this negativity consume me, I turned it into something positive by creating a Fitness board on Pinterest with all sorts of motivational quotes and images to psych me up for when I’m able to exercise again. Here are my favorites—I hope they motivate you guys to get your butt in gear, too!

103864335126172874_D85SYXgr_c

i-run-because-i-can-women-s-performance-running-t-shirt_design-300x300

18507048438250583_AFxmdb7K_c

2012-03-03_0702

69876231687950318_O9HgOvZb_c

46302702388448483_6ZCXqZDb_c

82894449360923465_c3LWUwwj_c

103864335126172855_LkXf57wX_c

168181367304232811_Gn3UrUNB_c

111604896985519447_Z2hiJ9g2_c

123004633542044396_oeMvEEML_c

209769295113143629_wJtj3CVz_c

2012-03-03_0712

What are your favorite motivational fitness quotes and sayings?

Melanie @ Beautifullynutty.com March 3, 2012 at 11:58 am

I love Pinterest’s motivational quotes. Some mornings when I am debating whether or not to get out of bed and workout, I will pull some of those up on my phone and they motivate me to get moving! Hang in there, Tina!

Karen March 3, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Thank you for this post. I had a craptastic run, did 10 miles instead of a planned 20, and came home feeling miserable. this post reminded me of how hard I work and how hard I push myself, no matter what. Thanks girl. I hope you feel better soon!

Katie March 3, 2012 at 12:38 pm

This post literally got me out of bed & to the gym! :) love it

Molly @ RDexposed March 3, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Motivational workout sayings are great except when the grammar is incorrect. “Then” should be “than.” My type A personality is having a fit right now-ha!

Jackie March 3, 2012 at 6:06 pm

@Molly @ RDexposed: That drives me crazy too!!

Jen @ Such a Funny Fat March 3, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I always think of the one about lapping people on the couch when I think that I’m tired on a run… and also it doesn’t matter how fast you go, just go. Thanks for sharing Tina! I hope your insides settle down and you’re back to your regularly scheduled programming soon. :) Hugs

Amanda March 3, 2012 at 4:03 pm

I love these quotes, they definitely motivated me to run this morning! Just knowing how badly you want to get back to your workouts is enough to make me feel silly for skipping mine. We need to appreciate our health and use it while we have it! Thanks for the extra push and hope you are back to youractiveself soon!! :)

Catriona March 3, 2012 at 4:58 pm

WOW these quotes definitely helped me to push myself through my workout today!!

Tina, I really appreciate you keeping it real on your blog. I know what you’re going through must be so frustrating but I think it’s great that you keep a positive attitude while still sharing how you’re feeling about the whole thing!!
    Sometimes I feel like I’m complaining too much when I talk about my injury on my blog but if that’s what’s going on in your life, you shouldn’t be afraid to share it!! sorry if that came out awkward, I didn’t know quite how to phrase it :)

Thanks for the inspirational quotes for the day :)

Amanda @ Simply Southern March 3, 2012 at 6:40 pm

You’re awesome Tina! Thanks for this…I was having a pity party too. NOTHING like what you are going through but, it was just that. Pitiful..

Bjork March 3, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Love those motivations, always good as a reminder :)

Cait's Plate March 3, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Loved this post! There’s nothing like a good motivational quote to turn your thinking around. Hang in there Tina!

Anne March 3, 2012 at 7:57 pm

That last one is totally the truth for me. Usually a bad day at work puts the kabosh on a workout for me because I foret it’d actually make me feel better.

Liz M March 3, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Sweat is Fat Crying!

Britta March 3, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Thank YOU!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 4, 2012 at 12:09 am

I already went to the gym today and had an amazing workout but now I’m already thinking about tomorrow workout! :)

Jillian Hughes March 4, 2012 at 1:03 am

Great post! I feel very motivated. Thank you!!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva March 4, 2012 at 4:25 am

I smashed my workout today! Did this really intense lower body workout that left my legs feeling like jello…i dread walking down the stairs after haha

Kristen @ Change of Pace March 4, 2012 at 7:01 am

I love “focus on how far you’ve come… not how far you have to go”. It’s amazing how little quotes like that can keep me motivated!

Joy March 4, 2012 at 7:47 am

My favorite motivational quote is “the only way around is through”

Maureen March 4, 2012 at 10:49 am

I think you just motivated me to get my butt to the gym today…I had been going back and forth if I can fit it in my schedule. Now I KNOW I can! :)

Kristin March 4, 2012 at 4:06 pm

These are great quotes! I will remember them next time I’m reluctant to work out. Thank you!

Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit March 4, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I love these quotes. I have a huge board on pinterest full of this and others. It’s so motivational to read these and know why you put in all the hard work.

Katy @ HaveYouHurd March 5, 2012 at 10:50 am

I am obsessed with this post. What a great way to start off my week (I’m reading this late :) I’m also sharing this on Twitter! I might even bookmark this sucker to I can come back to it whenever I need a little pep in my step!

Nick Pedicini March 5, 2012 at 6:12 pm

There used to be an old motivational poster of a runner on a long road and the quote was a paraphrase of another more famous quote. The poster read: “The race is not to the swift, but to those who keep on running.”

Amy March 6, 2012 at 11:53 am

I love all motivational quotes, but my favorite one lately is “Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the Dedicated!”

Anna, Fitscally Responsible March 31, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I have been putting off my run all day so this is just what I needed — thanks :)

Megan @ RunningAimlessly March 31, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Great motivation!! Thanks, it was much needed :)

Nicole @ Healthygirladventures.wordpress.com March 31, 2012 at 5:39 pm

So did you find the motivation you were looking for? I love the top 3 and the league of their own quote. How true- if it were that easy then the whole world would be fit, healthy and in shape. Its the strength that we give, knowing that if we push forward we can make it to the finish line or reach that oal. thats what gets us up in the moving and putting our butts into gear. Here is a good quote that be used not just for exercise but anything in life: “You gotta work hard and be aggressive to get what you want and where you want in life. You can’t just sit back and hope that the opportunity of a lifetime will fall into your lap. I mean seriously !!!!!!!” BTW great idea and making a fitness motivation board on pinterest. I might do the same.

Nicole @ Healthygirladventures.wordpress.com March 31, 2012 at 5:40 pm

ps: ew sorry for the grammar mistakes in my last post. I’m using someone else’s laptop and its so hard to type on. :/

Mahfud May 21, 2012 at 5:08 am

ourghh..
    It really inspiring me..
    great quotes..

Jennifer September 24, 2012 at 5:06 pm

This supremely inspired me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Madi October 6, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Even though I’ve already worked out today, this post makes me want to go out and do it again, but better! Thanks so much for the “fitspiration”!!!

Suzanne April 12, 2013 at 12:52 pm

THANKS for these motivational quotes. They make me feel better. They help me want to stay on course and get stronger. I’m 50. I weigh 350, but that is just temporary. Thanks to these quotes….I KNOW I can change…and I will. This time next year I may be older, but I sure as hell won’t be heavier!

gerrylife April 19, 2013 at 11:43 am

This is my first visit to this site and it is just what I needed today–motivation to keep going from people experiencing the same feelings I have from time to time.

Thank you all for the inspiration. I will make this site a part of my day.

Hesrom May 31, 2013 at 5:51 pm

I just ran ten kilometers today in my cidy after a very long time without running ( about eight or ten years), and I could do it not because I was thinking on failure, but I was thinking on do it, just do it. I can tell you it was an extremely hard working, but I was stronger, focus on my purpose. Of course I didn’t went ahead my limites, but I was in the edge of them.

Deborah billings July 13, 2013 at 11:17 am

I was an RN that saw many people with lifestyle diseases and I had the “I run because I can” poster in my office. Well now I can’t run, I can only walk a short distance with a cane because I have multiple sclerosis. I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and had a bilateral mastectomy. It’s been hard to motivate myself to do some mild Pilates and get on my indoor rower. I miss running SO much. But your post has reminded me that even the least I can do is more than couch surfing. Thanks! Deb

Tracey Connor November 27, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Hi
    Printed on of your quotes into a big ass poster
    every day I wake and move it move it move it !!

Happy Day

beersheba May 23, 2014 at 8:29 am

Send me motivational quotes and images daily