• Ladies Who Lunch

March 10, 2012

Hi, friends! I hope you’re having a fabulous Saturday!

My weekend got off to a great start. I slept until 9:00 AM, ate a delicious pancake breakfast, took Murphy for a long walk around the neighborhood, and then drove out to my grandmother’s house to have lunch with her, my mom and sister. The four of us had a nice time cooking, catching up, and chowing down.

2012-03-10_1709

My sister offered to cook lunch for us, so she arrived with everything prepared and ready to go to make chicken stir fry.

All we needed to do was cook it up!

A short while later, it was time to eat!

Delicious!

For dessert, I baked a batch of Butterscotch Oatmeal Bars to bring to my grandmother’s house, and, of course, I enjoyed one after lunch. (FYI: The recipe is my Oatmeal Raisin Bars with butterscotch chips instead of raisins.)

After lunch, we hung around and chatted for awhile longer before I hit the road home.

Dinner

By the time I got home, I was starving for dinner, so I threw together a ham sandwich with the most delicious (and surprisingly healthy) Caramelized Onion Dip spread on it. The flavor combination was unreal. YUM!

I also poured myself a glass of white wine to enjoy with dinner.

After dinner, I ate another Butterscotch Oatmeal Bar.

I’m sure there will be another glass of wine in my near future, too!

I’m off to relax with M & m! Enjoy the night!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Those bars look amazing – I love the super sweet taste of butterscotch!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 10, 2012 at 5:38 pm

mmm those butterscotch oatmeal bars sound great! i always forget how much i love butterscotch…. i think i need to make something butterscotch-y soon. ;)

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona March 10, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I made a stir fry last night for dinner too.

Those Butterscotch Oatmeal Bars look really good, though I’m not sure if I’d be able to leave any for other people if I made them – I don’t think they’d last very long.

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 10, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Looks like such a fun afternoon! And those butterscotch oatmeal bars sound delish!

Bjorg March 10, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Those butterscotch bars look too tempting, they might be in the making in the future ;)

After experiencing the huge m&m store in NYC I can’t stop craving m&m’s! Have you visited the store? It’s amazing!

Tina March 10, 2012 at 6:55 pm

@Bjorg: I think I did at some point? I remember the one in Las Vegas because it had a Bank of America ATM in it! :)

Jocelyn March 10, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Have a great Saturday eve :)

Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds March 10, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Oooo… where did you get the caramelized onion dip? That sounds SO GOOD!

Tina March 10, 2012 at 6:42 pm
    Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds March 10, 2012 at 6:43 pm

@Tina: *gasp* HOW?!

Tina March 10, 2012 at 6:46 pm

@Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds: Just click on the link! There’s a recipe! ;)

Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 10, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Those butterscotch bars look incredible! I love butterscotch. I actually had pancakes with butterscotch chips in them for breakfast!

Tina March 10, 2012 at 6:55 pm

@Megan @ Megan’s Munchies: Mmmmm… those sound amazing!

Katrina @ 'Sota is Sexy March 10, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Whenever I drink wine with dinner (last night, for example) I always crave sweets. It’s a huge problem. Last night, I made my husband drive me through the DQ drive-through for a giant Oreo blizzard after having two glasses of red wine with my meal! Not my proudest moment…

So…if it had been me, I probably would have eaten three of those butterscotch oatmeal bars after dinner :) They look delicious!

Olivia March 10, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Is your sister in the Coast Guard?

Tina March 10, 2012 at 6:54 pm

@Olivia: No, it’s just a sweatshirt! :)

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 10, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I never think to buy butterscotch chips. I always go for chocolate chips. Might have to pick up some at the store tomorrow to do a taste test! :)

Hilary March 10, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Mmm…homemade onion dip ROCKS and I’m betting those butterscotch squares do too! Sounds like a great day. :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 10, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Mmmm butterscotch oatmeal bars sound delicious!!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) March 10, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Onion dip! Yum! I’m going to have to make that!

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 10, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Mmmmm butterscotch ANYthing is good. Those look delicious!

katie @ KatieDid March 10, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I want that sandwich right now mmmm! I can tell I would love that combo.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 10, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Butterscotch oatmeal bar + white wine = I’M SO FREAKING JEALOUS! ;)

Jess March 10, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I love getting together with family for lunch! Even if it is just for a quick visit, it is totally worth it!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats March 10, 2012 at 10:34 pm

What a fun family day with the girls! It’s always fun to end the night with some vino!

Megan @ weddings and workouts March 10, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Looks like you had a lovely lunch with the family :-) The Butterscotch Oatmeal Bars look devine!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 10, 2012 at 11:26 pm

What a great day! Nice lunch and the Butterscotch Oatmeal Bars look delish!!!

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie March 10, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Those butterscotch bars sound like absolute heaven! Cookie saturday? ;)

Khushboo March 11, 2012 at 1:16 am

That dip sounds great- bet it would be yum atop grilled chicken!

Clare March 11, 2012 at 5:23 am

Loving the sound of those butterscotch oatmeal bars.. yum!!

Carly March 11, 2012 at 5:35 am

How was 12.3?

Tina March 11, 2012 at 9:53 am

@Carly: Terrible. :( I’m going to blog about it later today.

Carly March 11, 2012 at 11:19 am

@Tina: yuck. I was sick and the had no time today so just didn’t do it. I will do it tomorrow even tho it won’t count. I heard it was tough

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 11, 2012 at 8:19 am

That dip sounds amazing! I bet it paired so well with the ham!

Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa March 11, 2012 at 8:52 am

I have a date with my mom, aunt, and Grandma at the end of the month – I can’t wait. It’s been too long since we have all spent time together, but I guess that is what happens when you live 6 hours away!

Your dip reminded me of a caramelized hummus recipe I saw yesterday and need to make! They both sound amazing.

Here is the recipe for the hummus – http://www.veganculinarycrusade.com/2012/03/caramelized-onion-hummus-and-chocolate.html

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 11, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Those butterscotch oatmeal bars look seriously delicious! And so does that ham sandwich, sometimes plain and simple is the way to go.

Colleen @ Culinary Colleen March 11, 2012 at 8:09 pm

That dip looks absolutely amazing. Onion dip is probably one of my biggest weaknesses, so thanks for finding a way to make it healthy!!