• Gingery Broccoli and Beef

February 9, 2012

Do me a favor and bookmark this recipe immediately? It’s one of the most delicious meals I’ve ever eaten at home and you need to try it. For real.

What I liked best about this recipe was the flavor. Holy amazing. It was garlicky, tangy (from the lemon and ginger) and slightly sweet (from the coconut oil). The ingredients in this dish combined together so well and reminded me of something I’d order from my favorite Thai restaurant. This recipe is a keeper!

Taste of the Nation Boston

Local friends: Save the date! Taste of the Nation is coming to Boston again this year on April 19th at the Hynes Convention Center.

Taste of the Nation raises the critical funds needed to support Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign, which is dedicated to ending childhood hunger by making sure kids get the healthy food they need every day. One hundred percent of ticket sales goes to this cause.

taste-of-the-nation

Share Our Strength is promoting a bunch of ticket discounts through Twitter @ShareStrengthMA (#TONBoston) and Facebook. Additionally, their Valentine’s Day promotion goes from now until February 14th. Just enter promo code VDAY2012 for 20% off all tickets purchased. (FYI: Joanne Chang and Jody Adams are just two of the super awesome chefs that will be there!)

What’s the BEST dinner you’ve ever cooked at home?

Also on my best dinners list are Coffee-Braised Brisket with Potatoes and Carrots and Roast Chicken with Roasted Onions, Peppers, and Tomatoes. Yum!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 9, 2012 at 7:28 am

hmmm All I can think of recently was the rice pasta and veggie and meat sauce I made with my mom when I was at home. Since I can’t have gluten or soy, we decided to revamp her classic spaghetti and marinara and ground turkey sauce and make it with no packaged sauce mix (soy AND gluten) and rice pasta instead of normal. She loved the new sauce and says she can’t believe she never thought to add veggies or make her own tomato sauce! It was good!

Kinley @ Better Off Barefoot February 9, 2012 at 7:34 am

I’ts hard to recall EVER but recently I made that almond flax crust you linked to for pizza and I would say that was the best homemade pizza crust I have ever made! And healthy too!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat February 9, 2012 at 7:37 am

I’m not a beef eater but I’m sure I’d be loving the meal you had with chicken instead! I’ve surprised myself with some pretty great meals in the past, but my favourite is cedar planked salmon. Yummm. Can’t wait till it’s grilling season again!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas February 9, 2012 at 7:38 am

I don’t need anything fancy! I think one of my favorites is chicken rollatinis! I love have a piece of stuffed chicken.. but without all the fat and calories! The best one I’ve had yet is stuffed with spinach, broccoli, and a little ricotta cheese!

chelsea February 9, 2012 at 7:43 am

Pioneer woman’s mac and cheese!!!!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh February 9, 2012 at 7:50 am

Consider the recipe bookmarked. Holy yum!

Hmm, I’d have to say my bbq beef sliders with caramelized onions both made us roll our eyes in the back of our heads! :-)

jana @ newly wife healthy life February 9, 2012 at 7:52 am

I would say the best dinner I’ve cooked at home is a lasagna, homemade chicken parm (can you tell I like Italian? :-) ) OR a mustard chicken I posted about on my blog. It was adapted from a Cooking Light recipe, and it contained whole grain mustard. So good! Another delicious meal? Pan-Grilled Ginger Honey Pork Tenderloin! Oh yum!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 9, 2012 at 8:06 am

Bookmarking that recipe! :D

One thing I’ve made recently that I loved was maple mustard chicken with a mushroom quinoa risotto. It tasted like it came from a restaurant!

Maureen February 9, 2012 at 8:20 am

I made this recipe a few weeks ago! Isn’t it the best?? Sooo yummy & filling! The best meal I had lately was Chicken with sun dried tomatoes and garlic. SO delicious!

Lindsey February 9, 2012 at 8:26 am

That is a tough one, there has been a few times we said this is the best meal we’ve ever made! I’d go with either the peanut lime chicken (our recipe) or Moroccan Phyllo roll from eat, drink and be vegan.

Blog is the New Black February 9, 2012 at 8:32 am

I’m already making Asian food tonight so now I’m REALLY craving it!

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 9, 2012 at 8:38 am

That sounds delicious! I keep seeing Asian food all over the blog world and now I want it :)

Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 9, 2012 at 8:42 am

I made paella once. It took forever because I used arborio rice and had to cook it so slowly. It was definitely worth the wait though!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com February 9, 2012 at 9:18 am

Share our Strength is a great organization. I learned a little bit about them when I was at the Food NEtwork Festival in NYC and I never realized how many kids in our country are not adequately fed! I wish I lives closer to Boston because the taste of the nation event sounds really really fun, and an awesome way to support a good cause!
    My favorite dinners to cook at home are either breakfast for dinner (peanut butter french toast!) or I like making flat breads with roasted veggies and and chicken sausage. For some reason those always turn out delicious and can be changed up with different spices, veggies or toppings! Hummus or marinara are my fave!

katie @ KatieDid February 9, 2012 at 9:19 am

sounds incredible! I don’t loveee ginger but I think a little probably adds a great depth of flavor. A few years back my friend and I made homemade pasta into butternut squash stuffed raviolis in a browned butter sauce. It was the best thing I’ve ever made.

Mandi @ Miles and Mascara February 9, 2012 at 9:23 am

This sounds dee-lish! I made a dish very similar to this last week. Ginger-lime beef stir fry. Served over soba noodles. I love asian food.

Lauren February 9, 2012 at 9:48 am

Even as a vegetarian (pescatarian, actually), I have to admit that this looks pretty good. :) I’m sure my boyfriend will enjoy it!

Mindy - Clueless Nut February 9, 2012 at 10:34 am

YUM! Will do.

Lynn @ the actor's diet February 9, 2012 at 10:36 am

I’m still shocked at how good this vegan African stew was: http://theactorsdiet.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/i-dreamed-of-africa/

Eliana February 9, 2012 at 10:55 am

This recipe looks really tasty and I want to try it! Just wondering though, what is flax meal and where do i get it? Do you think the recipe would work without it? Thanks again for tasty ideas :)

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio February 9, 2012 at 11:22 am

Wow, that dinner looks awesome! I need to cook more Asian inspired foods.

Jaima February 9, 2012 at 11:37 am

The best meal I ever made was the roast chicken from Gorgeously Green. It was paired with roasted carrots, onions, potato, and english peas. My husband still talks about it to this day. Now I’m inspired to make it again.

Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 9, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Probably the homemade pizza my SNL and I made together…..tons of veggies, turkey sausage, and turkey pepperoni. Yum!

Britne @ Shabbott's Habits February 9, 2012 at 12:14 pm

The best meal that I have made in a while was a sweet potato and black bean chili.
    Funny thing is, when I was a kid I hated sweet potatoes. Now, I can’t get enough!

Jessica November 17, 2013 at 6:03 pm

@Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter: @Britne @ Shabbott’s Habits:
    I’m wondering if you still have this recipe? The website shabbottshabits.com is either no longer public or no longer functioning. I’ve been desperate for this recipe since making it last year, it’s so yummy!

Fallon February 9, 2012 at 12:21 pm

That looks so good!!

Sarah February 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Here’s a tip for meat stir fry:

Put your meat in the freezer for 20 minutes before you want to slice it. This makes it firm enough to slice very thinly without falling apart!

Jess February 9, 2012 at 2:41 pm

oh my gosh, that looks fantastic—haha I just printed out the recipe so I don’t forget I want to make that soon.

marie February 9, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I’ve made some really good pork tenderloin and also a mushroom risotto. Yum.

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie February 10, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Looks like a better version of asian takeout :)

Claire Chappell January 9, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Since you raved about it so much, I finally made this recipe last night and it is soooo delicious! My husband called it “life-changing.” I love ginger so anything with ginger is a winner in my book :)

Tina January 9, 2013 at 2:42 pm

@Claire Chappell: Yay! So glad you guys liked it! :)