• Poor Puffer Fish

November 8, 2011

Good morning!

I did it!!! I completed the New York City Marathon!

I spent a solid 7 hours in the car yesterday, so I didn’t get to finish my marathon recap, but I promise it’s coming soon! Instead, I have a funny photo of Murphy to share. I received this picture along with a text message from my brother-in-law just minutes before I entered my corral for the marathon. It put the biggest smile on my face. Good timing! Thanks, Pat!

Text message from my brother-in-law: Batman owes Murphy a puffer fish.

photo (800x478)

Look at that sad pug face!! Poor puffer fish! Batman bought Murphy a replacement the very next day.

Breakfast

I woke up famished this morning, so, as soon as I got out of bed, I broke open a bag of nut and granola mix that I received in my marathon swag bag. I ate a few bites, and then tossed the rest in a bowl of oatmeal.

Also in the mix: chia seeds and peanut butter. We ran out of iced coffee this morning, so I’ll probably hit up Marylou’s a little later. I need iced coffee this morning.

Be Thankful Challenge

I’m thankful for good friends, especially those who run with you during marathons and those who take care of you after with ice baths, beer, and pizza.

I heard The (new) Muppets movie comes out around Thanksgiving. Mal and I are huge fans of The Muppets, so we already have plans to see it.

Do you like The Muppets? Will you see the movie?

Muppetmovieofficial123

Jen November 8, 2011 at 9:45 am

Way to go on the Marathon! I bet it was amazing!

I actually kinda want to see the Muppet movie. I remember loving them as a little kid!

Cait @ A Twist and A Shake November 8, 2011 at 9:55 am

Congrats on the Marathon, such an accomplishment! As for the Muppets, I will definately be seeing that!

Kelly at No Thanks to Cake November 8, 2011 at 9:55 am

CONGRATS on your marathon this weekend! It has been so fun (and inspiring) listening to the prep and now seeing the finish line. GREAT JOB!

Jen at luck&funny November 8, 2011 at 9:58 am

I watched the marathon on TV, looking for faces I recognized. Great job! I will never run a marathon but maybe I’ll do something equally monumental.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) November 8, 2011 at 10:04 am

Congratulations! I can’t wait to hear the recap! Love the photo of Murphy….I bet that came right at the perfect time!

Cait's Plate November 8, 2011 at 10:07 am

YAY!! CONGRATS!!

I will DEFINITELY be seeing the muppet movie – I’m a huge fan and can’t wait for it to come out :)

kathleen @ the daily crumb November 8, 2011 at 10:25 am

congrats tina! can’t wait to read your marathon recap. i am dying to run NYC someday… i assume it was as amazing as everyone says :) wishing you a quick recovery!

Yellaphant November 8, 2011 at 10:28 am

HOOORAAYYYY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food November 8, 2011 at 10:35 am

Love the pic of Murphy! We recently took in two stray dogs that we found and are keeping until we find them homes, and we have talks with Jet, our lab, about how we appreciate that he is sharing his food, toys, and leashes with them! :-D

carolyn November 8, 2011 at 10:46 am

Absolutely LOVE the picture and what a great happy shot to get right before you take off for your run. Melted my heart. On that note, do you know where you got the personalized mat for his food and water bowls? I need one for my baby Rocco.
    Thanks.

Hillary November 8, 2011 at 10:55 am

Congrats on your finish!! I am hoping to do a half sometime in the near future.

I also LOVE the muppets. I’m slightly obsessed :)

VeggieGirl November 8, 2011 at 11:06 am

congrats on running a marathon, Im just in awe

RunEatRepeat November 8, 2011 at 11:09 am

I thought this post was going to be about you feeling like a puffer fish for some weird reason. Glad you’re not!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com November 8, 2011 at 11:15 am

I actually really like those little breakfast packs, and I was excited to see that they now have chocolate peanut butter banana flavor! They are pretty nice for a quick pick me up, or easy to consume on my way out the door!
    I am looking forward to reading your marathon recap! Congratulations on an amazing finish!
    I am thankful for my mom. She has been a wonderful friend, parent and mentor to me my entire life and I cant imagine not having her by my side.
    Have an awesome day!!!

Bobbi McCormick November 8, 2011 at 11:19 am

YAY for completing the NYC Marathon!!! I am so glad you are doing well. I really liked the muppets when I was a kid so I am thinking about going to see it with the Hub’s tonight :) Looking forward to your recap!

Amelia November 8, 2011 at 11:22 am

I’ve been thinking about you and waiting axiously for the recap. Congratulations on a super awesome race!!!

You inspire me, Tina!

Amelia November 8, 2011 at 11:23 am

@Amelia: Love the Muppets too!

Michelle @ Oats n' Bows November 8, 2011 at 11:23 am

Oh no poor puffer fish!! Murphy looks so sad :(

Can’t wait to see the marathon recap!

Coco November 8, 2011 at 11:25 am

Congrats on finishing the marathon! My legs must have killed after 7 hours in a car post race..

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio November 8, 2011 at 11:56 am

Congratulations Tina!!

I can not wait to see the Muppets!

Andrea November 8, 2011 at 11:57 am

Congrats on the marathon Tina!!! You’re awesome!

Yes–I cannot WAIT for the Muppets. Muppets Take Manhattan was one of my favorite movies growing up. :)

Laura November 8, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Congrats! Can’t wait for the recap!

That Murphy face is so priceless :)

Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me November 8, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I am not a fan of the Muppets but I hope you enjoy it!

Murphy is super cute!

Laura@mypurposefullife November 8, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Congrats on another marathon, Tina! I totally try to remind myself every time I don’t want to run/workout that I am blessed that I can, so I loved that you mentioned that a few posts ago. :) that picture of Murphy is too much! Love it.

Izzy November 8, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Congrats on the marathon!

That story about the puffer fish is maybe the cutest thing I’ve ever heard :)

Lauren November 8, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Murphy’s face says it all in that picture with the puffer fish. He totally understood what happened.
    I think the Muppets are funny, I like their corny humor. My husband has been waiting for this movie. We saw the preview for it when we took our 4 yr-old niece to see The Lion King…she had no idea who Kermit the Frog was!! I just don’t understand that ;)

Alyssa November 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Congratulations, that is AMAZING!

I cannot WAIT for The Muppets!

And glad that Murphy has a new puffer fish.

Candice @ Sailing on Paper November 8, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Congratulations!! Such an awesome accomplishment. Can’t wait to read your recap!

Alyssa November 8, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Congrats on finishing the marathon!! :D I can’t wait to hear about it!

Aww, Murphy looks so upset, but adorabley upset lol

Kathleen @ Ocean Full of Lemons November 8, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Congratulations on the marathon!

Loved the story about Murphy! Is Batman the name of your brother-in-law’s dog??? If it is that’s the cutest dog name hahaha :)

Lily November 8, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Congratulations!!! You should be very proud of yourself. I am so pumped for the Muppets! We already have plans to go see it with the kids (nieces and nephews) over Thanksgiving weekend.

Angela @ PattycakesnPancakes November 8, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Congrats on the marathon! What a fabulous accomplishment!

Jill November 8, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment to finish a marathon.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com November 8, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Congrats on the marathon! Bet you rocked it, no matter what :D

Paj November 8, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Congrats on the marathon!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 8, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Yay congrats!! :D

kitchenbelle November 8, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Congratulations, Tina!

Evan @ Heavy Evan November 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I am a huge muppet fan and my wife is not. I make her watch Muppet’s Christmas Carol every year! I think it is her least favorite part of the holidays.

Nicole @ Giraffelegs November 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Congrats!!!
    Also I will totally be seeing the Muppets…love them!

erica November 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm

congrats on the marathon! such a huge accomplishement! :)

aw, poor murphy! i’m glad he got a new puffer fish! how did that even happen?!? lol.

i’m not a big muppets fan :/ most likely won’t be seeing the movie.

Sarah S. November 8, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I just don’t get these people who are saying they aren’t muppets fans. Seriously? Kermit? Animal? Fozzie? What’s not to love? I THINK the movie is actually coming out on Thanksgiving Day. And I plan on dragging my family with me — I have teenage children. One who admits to being a Muppets fan and one who will roll her eyes but go for the popcorn (and secretly love it). Can’t wait!

Daniella November 8, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Please see The Muppet Movie! I have several friends that worked on it, and it promises to deliver a good time :) Plus, it was shot on location (mostly) in Los Angeles ,which is a big plus for those of us that work in the industry.

Congrats on the big finish and the PR!!

Catherine November 10, 2011 at 7:49 pm

@Daniella:

Daniella: Small world! After I saw your comment I ended up going to your blog since I also work in the industry (Disney) and live close to you (Studio City). And… I also noticed that my boyfriend and your man friend worked together – The Lincoln Lawyer. Very interesting… wonder if they know each other???

Daniella November 10, 2011 at 7:57 pm

@Catherine: Catherine, that is so crazy! I worked at Disney for a few years in Feature Physical Production. What department are you in? Yep, Manfriend was on the Lincoln Lawyer! Is you BF a driver also?

Catherine November 10, 2011 at 8:14 pm

@Daniella: I work over in the Disney marketing department right now on Animation / Pixar / Muppets. Contemplating looking for something else though in the business…

No. My bf was in the production office. What’s your guy’s name?

Daniella November 10, 2011 at 8:17 pm

@Catherine: Marketing, nice! I went freelance about a year and a half ago and I’ve never looked back. It’s a little different than working for a studio, but you have the option to take time off (unpaid though) between gigs if you choose.

Manfriend’s name is Kelly Murphy. But, he wasn’t on LL for long.

Catherine November 10, 2011 at 8:22 pm

@Daniella: Well if you ever wanna grab lunch or something….. lemme know :) Also nice to know another lady in the business.

lynn @ the actor's diet November 8, 2011 at 6:41 pm

congrats on the marathon tina!!!

i am beyond excited for the muppets movie – i literally got MARRIED to the muppets so i’m very attached:

Kristin November 8, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Congratulations, what an accomplishment! Inspires me to want to run a full marathon, as I have only run a half so far (and training for my second). I don’t know if I will see the Muppets movie but I do know that over the weekend I got a pedicure and they had new Muppets-themed OPI nailpolishes on display and they were awesome! I chose a sparkly Muppets red. What does nailpolish have to do with the Muppets? Who knows, but the color looks great! :)

PS That picture of Murphy is unbelievable adorable and hilarious.

Luv What You Do November 8, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I heart the muppets! I have been I was like 2…hope to get out to see the movie. Plus, Jason Segal is a HOOT (I’m watching How I Met Your Mother Right Now).

~Christy @ wonderofallthings November 8, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Congrats! Love, love, love Murphy! Absolutely will see the Muppet movie! :)

Laura @ Unchartered 20s November 9, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I’m excited about the Muppet movie, it looks so cute!!

Where did you buy Murphy’s placemat?

Catherine November 10, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Congrats on the marathon! What an amazing accomplishment. I just signed up for my first 10K (not nearly as big or exciting) on Thanksgiving.

So excited to see that you and so many of your blog followers are excited for THE MUPPETS movie. I actually work on the marketing team at Disney that is behind the campaign :) Everyone needs to go see it! It’s super cute! Mahna Mahna.

Katie @ BloomEveryday November 12, 2011 at 6:47 pm

LOVE THE MUPPETS, it’s not a matter of “if” we will see it; more like a “when”! :)

Tina November 13, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Same here! Mal and I already picked when we are going to see it!