• Butt Glued to Chair

September 12, 2011

My butt has been glued to this chair pretty much all day long:

Butt glued to chair = lots of work done.

IMG_0004 (500x375)-2

I did, however, manage to sneak away for about an hour to do the grocery shopping for the week. The food situation in our house was really sad, so it needed to be done as soon as possible. Plus, I’m not sure I could eat hummus and crackers for dinner again tonight.

Check out what I bought at the grocery store!

Lunch

Not surprisingly, shopping on an empty stomach made me hungry, so I threw together a quick lunch as soon as I put away the groceries.

_MG_3670-2 (640x426)

Today’s lunch: mixed greens with canned tuna, avocado, a scoop of garlic hummus, and Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette drizzled on top.

_MG_3666-2 (640x426)

_MG_3663-2 (640x426)

For Part 2 of lunch, I wanted to make a Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie, but I was missing quite a few of the ingredients that the recipe called for, so I whipped up something a little different.

_MG_3682-2 (640x426)

In the mix:

• 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
    • 1 frozen banana
    • 1 cup vanilla soy milk
    • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    • 1/2 cup Nature’s Path Hemp Plus granola

_MG_3677-2 (640x426)

The sweet potato flavor came through, but it wasn’t nearly as sweet as the Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie, which I guess is more of a dessert smoothie. Both smoothies are really filling. Today’s kept me full for hours and hours.

Time to unpack and clean the house. Mal and I pretty trashed it after we got home from the Cape yesterday afternoon. We’re slobs sometimes.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 12, 2011 at 5:50 pm

That smoothie still looks delicious, modified from the original or not. I love the color of it!

Hillary September 12, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Tina, I literally have not been able to stop thinking about that sweet potato smoothie. I bought some potatoes yesterday specifically for that purpose! Can’t wait to try it.

Tina September 13, 2011 at 7:22 am

@Hillary: Yay! I hope you like it! :)

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries September 12, 2011 at 5:57 pm

My butt has been glued to my chair all day long too, except I didn’t get nearly as much work done as I wanted to.

Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm

My butt has also been glued to the chair! And it has been super productive. WOOt!

I don’t like grocery shopping…..but it is wayyy worse when I am hungry. Haha.

Mer @mersworld September 12, 2011 at 5:59 pm

In honor of Fall, I whipped up a pumpkin smoothie this morning! I’ll have to adapt and try the sweet potato as well, looks yummy! I think it’s easy to be a slob when you’ve been gone for the weekend and come home on Sunday! It’ll get straightened out through the week!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes September 12, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Cool idea with the sweet potato smoothie, I will have to try that one :)

Molly @ RDexposed September 12, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I hate coming home to no food!

Holly @ The Runny Egg September 12, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I love the idea of adding sweet potato to a smoothie!

When I grocery shop on an empty stomach I usually end up grabbing a candy bar at the checkout — I don’t think I’ve ever gone home to make a salad instead :)

Corrie Anne September 12, 2011 at 6:45 pm

At least it looks like a comfy chair! It was fun seeing what you had in your shopping cart. :) I love it when I come home from those trips and I have tons of options. I wish I liked tuna. And bananas. I just can’t stand them but I wish I could because they’re both pretty nutritionally awesome.

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather September 12, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Hmmm sweet potatoes + smoothie is so good! Nice grocery shopping trip :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga September 12, 2011 at 7:02 pm

The Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie looks and sounds go good! Creamy and delish! :)

Shana September 12, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I am the weird girl who checks out everybody’s cart to see what food they are buying. At least you post a picture so I can feel less dirty about being a grocery voyeur!

Alyse @ Fit Approach September 12, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Mmm sweet potatoes are one of my all-time favorite foods. Rarely do I make it a whole day without eating one, but I’ve never tried them in a smoothie…thanks for the inspiration!

Kait @ One Love Run September 12, 2011 at 7:11 pm

My grocery cart always looks like that when I go shopping on an empty stomach!

Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled September 12, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I must try this smoothie! I love the taste of sweet potatoes.

Tami@nutmegnotebook.com September 12, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I love when I go shopping and load up fresh produce!

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins September 12, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Grocery shopping on an empty stomach is like playing Russian Roulette. For me it usually ends in an all out food fest once I’m home and the groceries have been semi put away. The sweet potato smoothie sounds good, I’ve been trying to work more sweet potatoes into my eats lately and using a smoothie as a vehicle hadn’t occurred to me – will have to try it, thanks for the idea!

Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups September 12, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I never thought of adding sweet potato to a smoothie. Interesting!

Tracy @ Commit To Fit September 12, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I have never thought of putting a sweet potato in a smoothie. Note to self: must try that. :)

Lynda @ healthy hoboken girl September 12, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Glad you got some work done today, Mondays are good for that!! Love the shopping cart shot..hope your butt is up and running!!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 12, 2011 at 8:00 pm

that smoothie looks pretty delicious to me! I love sweet potatoes so i’ll have to try this out!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 12, 2011 at 8:03 pm

At least the chair looks comfy :) And now you will feel that much better for getting everything you need done!

Cait's Plate September 12, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Ooh i love the mashed sweet potato addition!

Sarah @ Sarah's Modern Bites September 12, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Whoa… LOVE that salad! Avocado and tuna are such a yummy combo:)

We are the same way after long weekends… Stuff will be all over the place for days after we get home. Eventually I go crazy and clean/organize everything haha

Which smoothie version do you prefer?? I find that bananas add enough sweetness for me usually.

Tina September 13, 2011 at 7:21 am

@Sarah @ Sarah’s Modern Bites: I like both of them! :)

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio September 12, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Butt in chair days are good when you get a lot done! I love the sense of accomplishment that can come from those days.

Emily September 12, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Looks like a good grocery hall, it’s strange but I love grocery shopping..I always volunteer to go! I’ve never tried sweet potato smoothie but it sounds really good…I’m thinking a little cinnamon in it would be awesome :)

Maren @ Maren's Morsels September 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I especially love your lunch salad! Using tuna and hummus is such a simple idea. I never would have thought of it.

Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) September 12, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Yum! I make a similar smoothie with canned pumpkin and it really sticks with you for so long!

Ash @ Good Taste Healthy Me September 12, 2011 at 9:47 pm

hmmm I wonder if I’d like a sweet potato pie smoothie. Does the texture stay smooth?

Tina September 13, 2011 at 7:22 am
    Stellina September 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Tina I read your blog everyday, but almost never comment! The smoothie looks great! I was also glued to my chair all day :( I think its a “Monday thing”!

Megan@eatmybeets September 12, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I definitely know what you mean about the butt-glued-to-seat-syndrome. Work sucks sometimes (even if you enjoy it).

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 12, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I love sweet potato smoothies too! Especially ever since I discovered canned sweet potato so that I don’t have to cook, peel and mash the sweet potato myself! :P

katie @ KatieDid September 12, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I had a very similar day as you. Tons accomplished work (school work that is) wise, and a huge grocery shop that was way overdue.

Allison September 12, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I’ve never thought about putting sweet potato into a smoothie- I love baked sweet potatoes so I bet I’d love them in a smoothie too! Could you sub pumpkin?

Tina September 13, 2011 at 7:22 am

@Allison: Sure, why not?

Allison September 13, 2011 at 10:08 am

Ooo, a pumpkin pie smoothie sounds delightful!

Hannah September 12, 2011 at 11:28 pm

That smoothie sounds amazing! I need to buy some sweet potato to bake, stat.

Lindsay@bikingbeforebed September 12, 2011 at 11:48 pm

I have been so focused on pumpkin lately… way to bring back the sweet potato!

Khushboo September 13, 2011 at 12:24 am

Being fully stocked with groceries makes me happy!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over September 13, 2011 at 6:13 am

Your office looks like a great workspace! I need somewhere like that.

Katy September 13, 2011 at 7:13 am

The smoothie looks delicious and I LOVE your desk space!

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog September 13, 2011 at 8:14 am

That sweet potato smoothie looks good!

Wendy Irene September 13, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Speaking of desk chairs, how do you like that one? I really need to get an office chair and have no idea what to get. Great work in the bathroom!

Nicole @ Giraffelegs September 13, 2011 at 2:58 pm

really want to try the sweet potato pie smoothie!!