• Life Advice from Murphy

March 17, 2011

Play more.

3643

Never say no to a car ride.

4248

Don’t be afraid to look silly.

30514438

Breathe deeply.

3851

Make exercise fun.

3385

Travel as much as possible.

3852

Eat your veggies.

3880

Greens included!

4665
    46664664

Stretch regularly.

3827

_MG_0236 (640x426)

Look both ways before you cross the street.

4727

Take good care of those you love.

3934

Face your fears.

5136

Spend time with your family.

3896

Respect your elders.

4544

Live in the moment.

4092

Savor your food slowly.

4176

Choose your friends wisely.

4366

Get dirty.

5208

(Dirt don’t hurt.)

5207

Smile like you mean it.

3626

What has your dog taught you about life?

Lacie July 29, 2011 at 1:10 am

I have had my dog for 12 years this month, and he has taught me more about life than anything else I’ve encountered thus far. He’s taught me that sometimes all you need is a good cuddle, and then you have to get back up and do something. He taught me that rainy, cold days are for sleeping, and sunny days are for laying in the grass. He taught me that regardless of where you came from, or what you believe, you should get at least one shot to be a friend. He taught me that you can love someone besides yourself so much that it breaks your heart everyday to see them grow old and weak as you grow older and wiser. He is deaf and blind now, and although he’s much less rambunctious than he once was, he is still, and will always be my baby. <3

Alyssa September 30, 2011 at 9:12 pm

love love love this! we could all use some life advice from our dogs!

Julia October 9, 2011 at 11:25 am

love this!! my 2 pugs have taught me the same lessons. amazing animals. 🙂 murphy is adorable!

Claire October 22, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Murphy gives great advice!

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona October 23, 2011 at 11:57 am

Love this post!

Our dog is 14 years old, can’t see or hear very well anymore, but still thinks he’s a puppy. He teaches me optimism and to not let things slow me down.

PetDogPro December 20, 2011 at 11:58 pm

If we listen carefully our dogs can teach us about essential nature of acceptance in love

Kerelisse July 16, 2012 at 7:30 am

My dog taught me:
    1) to never leave food unattended!
    2) that if your sleep was more important than her cry at night you will surely find pee on the floor the next morning… :S
    3) that selfless love is real!

Loved your post!!

Chetan September 14, 2012 at 2:28 am

Amazing! Simple yet deep advice from a dog! 😀 🙂

Doris October 4, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Life advice from Murphy-this is so amazing, made me smile, laugh and reflect. Thank you for this post!

Mrs. BT October 4, 2012 at 1:54 pm

My Boston and my Pug have taught me the meaning behind the saying “dog is man’s best friend.” After losing a husband and almost a daughter, as well as a house and a job, I am so grateful to have my dog to go home to every night. I think it’s possible to love a dog as much as another human. I’m now more involved in doing things to help dogs and people in other parts of the world. If A Pug Owner would like a loving family to rescue him from his pug, I will take the Pug. It’s not a “working” breed.

Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit January 8, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Love this!! Murphy is indeed a wise soul. 😉 My husband and I are hoping to get a little doggie this year. Can’t wait to see what he/she has to teach us about life! 🙂

Sarah M January 8, 2013 at 11:36 pm

He is so precious! I’ve never been particularly drawn to pugs but I always smile when I see a picture of Murphy.

honeywhatscooking January 9, 2013 at 1:07 am

i don’t have a dog, but man I want a king cavalier so bad, maybe 1 day.
    this is like unconditional love like having a baby, only difference is a dog is less work and doesn’t cry all day. 🙂

Paul Duca May 5, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I’d add one more thing…wear a seat belt (they have special harnesses).

Summer May 14, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Love this!

Ali May 29, 2014 at 10:59 am

Murphy has some of the best facial expressions! And I love all of his advice! Such a wise little guy! Thanks for sharing him with all of us!

Georgina June 11, 2014 at 10:23 am

I love this post! I have 2 pugs and they bring me and my family so much laughter and happiness every day 🙂 and of course they have the best advice!

A&pjs July 27, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Add one more to the list – love unconditionally.

Arianne November 13, 2014 at 10:49 am

I remember you telling us about murphy’s frito face…I just read this article about it and thought you’d appreciate it!

Tina November 13, 2014 at 11:08 am

That is awesome!!

Paulette Dodson March 25, 2015 at 2:49 am

Beautiful its really adorable

Rebecca June 28, 2015 at 12:37 pm

I Stumbled upon you today on Stumbleupon. Your site has made me happy. Love your pug Life Advice from Murphy. He is one smart little fellow!

Rebecca June 28, 2015 at 12:40 pm

I found you on StumbleUpon today. I love Murphy and his life advice. He’s so right. Thank you Murphy for sharing your wisdom. I’m glad you get peanut butter jars!

Mary May 28, 2016 at 5:20 am