• It’s Super Bowl Sunday?

February 6, 2011

Clearly, I am a huge football fan. ;-)

I honestly didn’t know today was Super Bowl Sunday until Dave texted Mal last night to ask if we had plans to watch it. The Super Bowl wasn’t really on our radar (mostly because the Patriots aren’t playing in it), so we didn’t plan to do anything special for it. We haven’t hung out in Dave and Marie in ages, so we decided to get together at our place for dinner, drinks, and football watching.

For our get-together, Mal and I threw together a simple Sunday Bowl spread, complete with chips + salsa, beer, Doritos (because of the pug video), and ingredients for make-your-own tacos.

_MG_9576 (640x426)

_MG_9566 (640x426)

_MG_9575 (640x426)

I’m actually sort of looking forward to the Super Bowl now. Isn’t it all about the food anyway?

_MG_9585 (640x426)_MG_9581 (640x426)

[Rewind to this morning]

Workout

After breakfast, I headed to the gym for a quickie workout. I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill in just over 32 minutes (9:09 pace) and called it a day. I love those quick and dirty workouts!

Lunch

For lunch, I whipped up a Banana Bread Smoothie, which turned out really well. I’m still surprised! The flavor reminded me so much of freshly baked banana bread. This recipe is definitely a keeper!

In the mix:

• 1/4 cup rolled oats
    • 1 frozen banana
    • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    • 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal
    • 1 tablespoon of honey
    • 1 cup Almond Breeze

_MG_9561 (426x640)

I also munched on a couple of Livin’ Spoonful crackers for lunch.

For those of you watching the Super Bowl, which team are you cheering for?

951b78e6dec87c15a7a244c747dab105f690ad1a

I’m cheering for the same team as Ellen! ;-)

MB February 6, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Totally lost interest in Super Bowl when Pats got knocked out. It’s been a good game though. Food spread looks yummy. I’m about to indulge in some hot wings. Mmmmmmm…. Pats in 2012!

Christin@purplebirdblog February 6, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I didn’t keep up with football this year, and I’m too busy doing homework to watch the game tonight, but I’m definitely rooting for the Packers over the Steelers. :)

kell February 6, 2011 at 9:25 pm

. . . as a wisconsonite, go pack go!!

Hannah February 6, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I’m watching it right now! I know that doesn’t seem like a big deal, but I’m Australian and in Australia, where most people couldn’t care less, and I’m only watching it because I came to visit my dad and he’s watching it. Crazy times!

Amanda @ The Artsy Kitchen February 6, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I actually had a smoothie for lunch too! I figured I would be stuffing my face during the super bowl so I’d go light on lunch LOL. Your smoothie sounds amazing, I love thick creamy smoothies that taste more like milkshakes!

Heather (Heather's Dish) February 6, 2011 at 9:37 pm

that sounds like a perfectly thrown together party…and i’m going for the packers!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss February 6, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Hope you’re having an awesome party!!

Baking 'n' Books February 6, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I LOVE Ellen! So I agree :)

What is it about Doritos that make them a Superbowl food? I don’t know…I’ll just eat them :)

Christine @ Merf In Progress February 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Oops, I forgot to watch the Super Bowl. Shucks.

Kiran February 6, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Hope u had an awesome party. The spread looks delish :)

Lisa @ Fit in the Midwest February 6, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Just had to comment again and say HOORAY GREEN BAY PACKERS!!

Ellie@fitforthesoul February 6, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Hehe no one really! oops :P maybe someday! The food setup looks great and the smoothie sounds awesome~Hmmmm I bet you could throw that in a pan and bake it too.

claire (dine-and-dash) February 7, 2011 at 12:10 am

uMMMM I’m making that smoothie tomorrow! That sounds awesome!

Sarah @ Flavoropolis February 7, 2011 at 12:31 am

I had no idea who was playing in the Super Bowl (my friends and I were camping and thought about making bets not as to who would win but as to who was playing), but now that I know the Steelers are playing, being from Cleveland, I have to celebrate the Packers’ victory. That spread of food looks beautiful :)

Lauren @ MRS February 7, 2011 at 1:12 am

I also was for the same team as Ellen. :) Love the food you prepared, actually during the Superbowl it is always nice to spend it with family or friends who are fans too. The excitement plus the delicious grub are my favorite.

Rachel ~ Dressed to Dish February 7, 2011 at 3:04 am

We had Chips & Salsa too!! My all-time favorite snack food! :)

CaSaundra February 7, 2011 at 8:25 am

I am all about the Super Bowl just for the food–we had a big Mexican buffet with build-your-own tacos too! Yum!

Katrine February 7, 2011 at 8:44 am

Love your bottle opener…I have many of those from Somerville races!

betsy February 7, 2011 at 2:10 pm

funny – I have the same serving platter and football bowls! Looks like a great spread.

Monica February 7, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Haha, I thought of you when I saw that Pug Dorrito commercial. By the second Dorritos commercial I was craving some delicious chips.

I was cheering for neither of the teams as I am still bitter about the Packers beating my Bears. :(

Lorin February 8, 2011 at 1:11 am

When that pug commercial came on, I thought of you! I loved it! :)

Alaina February 11, 2011 at 7:28 pm

I was in Vegas for the Super Bowl. So much fun! And I’m glad to see the Packers win. :-)