Speaking of The Cosby Show, does anyone else remember the episode when Cliff helps himself to a piece of cake and replaces it with paper towels so Claire doesn’t find out? It’s so funny!
As kids, my sister and I thought this was a genius idea and, of course, hilarious, so we made our own Cosby Cake for my mom’s birthday. I can’t remember exactly how old we were””my guess is junior high””but I’m glad someone thought to snap a photo. Look at this masterpiece! (I have no idea what the hammer was for?)
I remember my mom cutting into the cake and serving a few pieces, but she didn’t cut deep enough to reach the paper towels. The suspense was killing us, so, eventually, my sister and I just told her what we had done. We thought we were so cleaver! My mom thought we were nuts.
I got my first taste of Body Pump 76 today! My gym released it the weekend that I was in Phoenix, so I’ve been wanting to try it. It was definitely worth the wait!
I LOVE the music!!! I’ve reviewed Body Pump 73, Body Pump 74, and Body Pump 75 on CNC, and I always seem to complain about the music in the new BP releases. After a few weeks, the music always grows on me, but I never like it in the beginning. But, Les Mills nailed it with 76. I love all of the tracks!
- Warm up: The Climb – Almighty Pop Factor
- Squats: Telephone – Pandora BX
- Chest: Beautiful Day – Lee Jones
- Back: Pyromania – Sun Flash
- Triceps: My First Kiss – 3OH!3 feat. Ke$ha
- Biceps: Not Myself Tonight – Christina Aguilera
- Lunges: Storm – DJ Lotus
- Shoulders: Bring It Back – Paffendorf
- Abs: Cooler Than Me – Mike Posner
- Cool down: The Truth – Kris Allen
A few quick notes:
- The triceps track is killer! You don’t use the bar at all, so there’s plenty of dips, kickbacks, and triceps push-ups. I am going to be SO SORE tomorrow!
- The biceps track was also super challenging. I used my normal weight and regretted it about a third of the way through the track. I suggest going light on this one!
- The lunge track was easier that usual. Add some weight, baby!
- Holy abs! Very tough! I barely made it through the plank.
For lunch, I enjoyed a wonderful salad + smoothie combo.
I made Angela’s Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas. (I soaked the chickpeas overnight instead of boiling them.)
I added the chickpeas to a salad made with grape tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
And, on the side, I enjoyed the best smoothie of my life!
MY GOSH! It was the most delicious thing ever! Really. It tasted just like gingerbread, but much more refreshing. I actually made a second smoothie about an hour after eating lunch. I’d probably drink a third one, but my stomach is so full now.
- 1 cup Almond Breeze
- 1 pear, diced
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Whey Superior Charge
- Handful of ice
- A few shakes of cinnamon
- A few shakes of ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately!
Work, work, work all afternoon.