• Breakout Sessions & Tasting Pavilion

November 6, 2010

Good news: I faced my fear of public speaking and survived the food blogging panel!! :mrgreen:

Bonus: I didn’t pass-out and I only said a few weird things! ;-)

_MG_1567.JPG

Really, it wasn’t that bad. I was nervous the whole time, but I managed to form complete sentences and, hopefully, people took something useful away from it.

_MG_1569.JPG

The other bloggers on the panel with me were Stephanie from Lick My Spoon and Damaris from Kitchen Corners, and Ryan from Foodbuzz moderated it. As a team, I think we did great! :-D

IMG_0001.JPG

After the panel, I caught up with Mara before heading to Taste Pavilion.

_MG_1579.JPG

Where I dominated the desserts and booze.

_MG_1590.JPG

_MG_1584.JPG

_MG_1619.JPG

_MG_1601.JPG

Typical, right? ;-)

_MG_1604.JPG

At the event, I was especially excited to see Mission Mini cupcakes and Annie the Baker’s Dough Balls! :mrgreen:

_MG_1585.JPG

I absolutely loved the Carrot Ginger and Red Velvet cupcakes.

_MG_1586.JPG

And the Toffee Milk Chocolate Chip Dough Ball! It’s the BEST dessert ever!

_MG_1599.JPG

Seriously, it is. Best.dessert.ever. Got that? Good.

_MG_1616.JPG

I also enjoyed a bunch of “savory” foods at the Tasting Pavilion. But, I don’t get nearly as excited about them, so I didn’t snap too many photos.

_MG_1595.JPG

I spent a lot of time eating, but I spent even more time chatting away with new and old blog friends.

_MG_1583.JPG

_MG_1624.JPG

Mama Pea!!! :mrgreen:

_MG_1627.JPG

_MG_1626.JPG

Resting up before the Gala Dinner. I’m not going to lie, I’m already hungry again.

Tab - Just Weighing In November 6, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Good for you – knew you could do it!

And those cupcakes look AMAZING!

Katherine November 6, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Everything looks soooo delicious! Congrats on the panel!

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) November 6, 2010 at 8:40 pm

All of those cupcakes are making me hungry again and I already had dinner AND dessert tonight! ;)

Lacey @ Lake Life November 6, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Congrats on kicking public speaking’s a**!! Will your panel be available to view online at some point?

P.S. My mouth literally started watering at the pics with the Red Velvet cupcakes!

Susie November 6, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Hi Tina! This post ate my comment so here goes again!

I’ve only discovered your blog in the last few weeks and love your food photos, Murphy(!) and your story of moving house. Can’t wait to read more.

The cupcakes look divine! And it’s good to see the Australian wine getting a showing. I actually grew up near the real Jacob’s Creek which the wine is named for. (I have to confess it’s not my favourite South Australian wine – what did you think of it?)

Shannon November 6, 2010 at 9:00 pm

That soup and the cupcakes look so good! Glad you’re having fun!

Michele November 6, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Glad you are having fun!

(Your Mama Pea link is opening to Annie the Baker’s page).

Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 6, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Woohoo for not freaking out!! Knew you’d do a fantastic presentation :)

suki November 6, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Public speaking – a fear that I fear I shall never conquer. ;) Good job! I missed your panel, but I’m sure you all did a good job!

Kelly November 6, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Those cupcakes look so delicious. Glad the panel went well!

stacey-healthylife November 6, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Seems to be a common theme that everyone is ready for the next round of eating. It’s probably due to the snacking instead of meals. Enjoy the evening.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 6, 2010 at 9:59 pm

I would have LOVED to hear you speak. I bet you did awesome. And desserts + booze are the best parts of any tasting experience. You did it right. :D

Julie @SavvyEats November 6, 2010 at 10:10 pm

From reading your’s and other blogs, I’m getting the feeling that I really need to try these dough balls…

Dee November 6, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Yay! Congrats on doing great at the Panel! :)

Oh my goodness. Look at all that glorious food! YUM!

christina r @ Hola Raw November 6, 2010 at 10:29 pm

way to go!!

Sana November 6, 2010 at 10:35 pm

I love the fact that you used the word dominated. You are epic.

holly @ couchpotatoathlete November 6, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Those cupcakes are so adorable :)

Way to go on your public speaking — we all say weird things, so no worries!

Katie (Life Discombobulated) November 7, 2010 at 12:07 am

Congratulations! I bet that feels great! :) The cupcakes and soup look awesome – your food photography is ROCKING IT this weekend!!!!

Krystina November 7, 2010 at 12:40 am

Good job! Everyone looks so beautiful. :)

Hannah November 7, 2010 at 12:41 am

Are the doughballs uncooked cookie dough, or just dough-liek cookies, or…. I’m so intrigued, particularly if they’re the best dessert ever ;)

Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks November 7, 2010 at 2:15 am

The panel was really helpful! I’m glad you faced your fear and shared your advice with all of us =)

jenn@A Life Like Mine November 7, 2010 at 4:09 am

I once heard that public speaking is the all-time, number one fear that people have. Number one. As in before Death. THAT, my dear, is how much you rock. :)

Christie {Honoring Health} November 7, 2010 at 5:29 am

Hoooray for getting over your fears!

I am speaking at Fitbloggin’ this coming spring and I am really nervous about saying something dumb to a room full of people :D

Lauren at KeepItSweet November 7, 2010 at 7:34 am

those dough balls look amazing and that looks like so much fun

Clare @ Fitting It All In November 7, 2010 at 7:36 am

haha another Mama Pea freak out! love it!

Congrats on the panel – I’m sure you were awesome!! And on dominating the desserts. That deserves a congratulations also. Need to hear more about this “best dessert ever”…

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 7, 2010 at 7:53 am

Yay, that’s awesome the panel went well! I’m getting seriously jealous of all these pics I’m seeing on everyone’s blogs. So many cupcakes and treats! It’s like foodie heaven!

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun November 7, 2010 at 9:14 am

I’ve seen those cupcakes on 4 blogs so far and I reallllllyyyyy want them! They look so good! :-P

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 7, 2010 at 9:41 am

Congratulations on surviving! So glad things went well, but I knew you would get through it. Have a great day Tina!

grocery goddess jen November 7, 2010 at 9:42 am

Congrats! Public speaking gets easier and easier, keep doing it!

DessertForTwo November 7, 2010 at 10:12 am

You were great at the panel! Thanks so much for sharing your story! I really liked what you said about photography being so important. I tend to get so caught up in the recipe development and writing aspect, that I fail to take the time to take a great photo that represents my efforts. Thanks again :)

The Wife of a Dairyman November 7, 2010 at 10:40 am

Tina, you did a fabulous job on the panel and I really enjoyed listening. Great to meet you in person:) And the mini cupcakes were one of my favorite as well.

Natalia - a side of simple November 7, 2010 at 12:29 pm

So jealous of all those good eats! And congrats on public speaking, I knew you would dominate :)

Katie November 7, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Yummmm – you had me at booze and cupcakes! ;)

Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) November 7, 2010 at 5:45 pm

You did a really good job during the panel. Thank you for being honest about your life. And that tasting pavillion was out of control good.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 7, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Every time I see those cookie dough balls, I want one more and more.

Steph @ Lick My Spoon November 9, 2010 at 4:47 pm

was great to finally meet you, tina! see, no sweat, huh?! :)