• Bad to Good

November 19, 2010

Wahhhhhh! :-?

(Yes, that was a Snooki ‘wah.’)

Look what happened to my poor tire on the way to the gym this morning! :evil:

IMG_0447.JPG

I’m *usually* a very careful driver, but, somehow, I ran over a curb and destroyed my tire. I still have no idea how it happened!?!

Check out the tear in the lower right of the tire. Yowsahs! 8-O I wasn’t even going that fast. I must have hit the curb just right to do that type of damage. Wahhh!

Thankfully, my day got better! :-D

Lunch

After Body Pump, I drove home (with a new tire), quickly showered, and immediately started to make lunch. I was so hungry!

Inspired by last night’s sandwich recipe, I baked wontons with a feta-apricot-walnut filling. They were dee-lish!

Feta, Apricot & Walnut Wontons

Ingredients:

• 6 Nasoya Won Ton Wraps
    • 1/3 cup crumbled feta
    • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
    • 4-5 dried apricots, chopped
    • Splash of soy milk

Directions:

• Preheat oven to 350*F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
    • Combine feta, walnuts, apricots, and soy milk in a bowl. Mix well.
    • Divide mixture between the 6 Won Ton Wraps.
    • Fold wraps over and pinch edges with wet fingers to close.
    • Bake for 12-15 minutes until wontons start to lightly brown.

Makes 1 serving

IMG_0003.JPG

I enjoyed my Feta, Apricot & Walnut Wontons with melted butter and a sprinkled of grated Parmesan cheese on top. Mmm!

IMG_0009.JPG

(Please note the pug tail in the photo above.)

Of course, Murphy needed to get a good look at lunch today.

IMG_0012.JPG

He thought it looked delicious!

IMG_0013.JPG

Very delicious.

IMG_0016.JPG

But, I didn’t share! ;-)

After lunch, I made a batch of Mama Pea’s Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls, which were inspired by the ones from the Foodbuzz Festival.

My batch came out really well, but, if I had used the correct ingredients, I’m sure they would have turned out even better. Unfortunately, when I scanned Mama Pea’s recipe this morning, I missed the part about whole wheat pastry flour. I used whole wheat flour instead, which worked fine, but pastry flour would have made them per-fect. Next time: whole wheat pastry flour.

IMG_0020.JPG

Pug walk + hair cut! Thanks for all of your hair recommendations this morning! :mrgreen:

P.S. Thanks to everyone who purchased something from my sister’s Avon promotion to benefit Team In Training. She donated $56 to the cause! :-D

sassy molassy November 19, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Yuuum. Those look delish! I hate tire issues.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 19, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Ooh I’ve had MANY flat tires but luckily only one that had to be replaced rather than repaired.

I’ve become VERY good at changing tires.

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete November 19, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I have hit a curb and popped my tire too — I put on a spare tire at 10pm at night. I was pretty proud of myself! (I did have my sister with me and we were in a well lit neighborhood)

I need to keep wonton wrappers in my kitchen, it seems like such a fun way to redo a meal.

Kristina @ spabettie November 19, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I LOVE wontons !! I put all kinds of crazy fun in there! :D

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 19, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Poor tire.

Lindsay November 19, 2010 at 12:48 pm

We got a flat tire last week just before we left for vacation- never fun!

Heather (Heather's Dish) November 19, 2010 at 12:55 pm

oh no! i hate flats more than anything :(

Lauren at KeepItSweet November 19, 2010 at 12:55 pm

those wontons look delicious!!

Kelly November 19, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Booo to ruined tires! Can’t wait to see what you decided with your hair.

Alina @ Duty Free Foodie November 19, 2010 at 12:57 pm

My tire seems to have a small hole in it too, because I keep losing air pressure! I sympathize with you.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 19, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Dang Tina, sorry about the tire! The eats all look delicious! I hope the rest of your day goes well!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) November 19, 2010 at 12:58 pm

doh! flat tires aren’t fun. but cookie balls are!

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com November 19, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Dog: “please mama, just one!!!! i’ll wait patiently for you to take the photos but there better be a delicious award for looking cute” <3

Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 19, 2010 at 1:02 pm

The tire situation is so frustrating. I’ve been there… they always seem to happen at the most inconvenient times.

But the wontons make up for it, don’t they? They look fabulous.

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com November 19, 2010 at 1:04 pm

I hate flat tires. Your wontons made me rip into my lunch early:)

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman November 19, 2010 at 1:05 pm

I have some wonton wrappers in my fridge waiting to be used. This might just inspire me to make something!

Also, this is the millionth time I’ve seen Mama Pea’s dough balls on blogs today. I think you’re all trying to tell me something: make these. Now.

Halley (Blunder Construction) November 19, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I’m still dreaming about those pumpkin wontons you made a week or two ago! Gotta try them, but need to make a trip to Super 88 for wrappers first. I love the pug tail in the background, if only it knew how infamous it is!

Lori @ According to Gus November 19, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Ahhhhh! Love seeing his little pug tongue sticking out!

Krystina November 19, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Whole wheat pastry should definitely always be used for baking. It’s the difference between a normal baked good and a potential hockey puck. :D

Angela November 19, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I had a flat a couple of weeks ago too – SO inconvenient! The wraps look soo soo goo. And I agree with Krystina above about the whole wheat pastry!

Lisa November 19, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Man what a sucky way to start your morning! I’m glad it improved.

Tab - Just Weighing In November 19, 2010 at 1:47 pm

those won tons look amazing! So sorry about your tire – that really bites! :)

amanda@thegrainsofparadise November 19, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Haha! Love the picture with Murphy’s tongue sticking out! I don’t blame him! Those wontons look great! Aloha:)

Estela @ Weekly Bite November 19, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Bummer about the flat tire! I hate it when that happens!

On a positive note… I Love those wontons :)

Trish November 19, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Oh no! So sorry about the tire. I dread tire problems.

And those wontons look ridiculously good. I am so going to have to make these. I’m just about drooling on the keyboard.

Also, can’t wait to see your new hair. :-)

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite November 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm

The wontons look amazing, and what a great idea to use feta and apricots together! Yum!

also, love the Snookie reference :)

Michelle (The Runner's Plate) November 19, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I totally made Mama Pea’s cookies last night. I brought them for a potluck today, and I’m sure they will be gone by the end of the day!

Shannon November 19, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I made Mama Pea’s cookie dough balls this past weekend and I did the SAME thing!!! They turned out ok…but you’re right…next time I’ll use the pastry flour. :) Also, just got my stainless steel straws from your shop the other day and they are AWESOME. I can’t believe they don’t get crazy hot when you put them in a hot drink! And everything tastes so smooth and clean through them! Thank you for introducing me to such a rad product!

Lauren November 19, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Wow, those wontons look amazing, I am going to make those asap!

Now I can’t get the Snooki “wah” out of my head, so thank you. ;-)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 19, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Ohhh that looks delicious!! I’m always so tempted to purchase those wrappers, but get worried I’ll never find a good way to use them. The sweet and savory way looks so good!

the blissful baker November 19, 2010 at 3:25 pm

your lunch looks sooo yummy! very creative!

Dynamics November 19, 2010 at 3:32 pm

sometimes those curbs have metal in them that slices right though a tire. Thank goodness you were not on the freeway.

I love the pictures of Murp, him licking his chops. You have done a great job on training him to not grab and run.

Amber K November 19, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I have totally done that with my tire before. I was slowly parking and hit the curb JUST right.

Carly November 19, 2010 at 4:44 pm

OMG! I did the same thing to my tire… on the way to the gym as well this past month. I was being the safe driver, pulled over when I saw an ambulance and whacked the curb. Hope your day got better :)

Paige @ Running Around Normal November 19, 2010 at 4:45 pm

You have such a good attitude about your tire! Glad you were able to get it fixed then and there.
    Those wontons look fantastic!
    BTW – I think you should go for Mandy Moore bangs:) They’d look great on you!

Bridget November 19, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Yep, I killed a tire the same way too…damn sharp curb! But I did learn to change my first tire taht day as well :)

Sarah (Running To Slow Things Down) November 19, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Ugh. Sorry about the flat! What a pain. But you maintained a great, positive attitude, and I’m glad to hear you were still able to work out (which I’m sure was a great vent for any feelings of frustration ;) ).

Your lunch looks *awesome*!!

Angela (the diet book junkie) November 19, 2010 at 6:05 pm

poor tire. i swear, those curbs come out of no where! :S

Hannah November 19, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Thank you so much for the link to that peanut butter dough ball recipe!! I’m going ot make them now, although I’ll have to use normal whole wheat flour like you :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 19, 2010 at 10:35 pm

I’ve hit the curb so many times leaving the gym, I’m just waiting to have the same experience! :/

Pamila Flinchbaugh December 1, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Several of the points associated with this weblog post are usually beneficial nonetheless had me personally wanting to know, did they critically suggest that? 1 point I have acquired to say is your writing expertise are excellent and I’ll be returning back again for any brand-new blog post you come up with, you might possibly have a brand-new supporter. I book marked your blog for reference.