• Pumpkin Date Nut Bars

October 14, 2010

For lunch this afternoon, I ate a few slices of leftover Buffalo Chicken Pizza and a couple of these babies:

Their deliciousness was out of this world! :mrgreen:

Pumpkin Date Nut Bars

Makes 12

• 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
    • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1/4 tsp baking powder
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    • 1/4 cup canola oil
    • 1 egg
    • 3/4 cup chopped dates
    • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

• Preheat oven to 350*F degrees. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
    • In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth.
    • Spread batter in prepared baking pan, and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
    • Let bars cool completely in pan before cutting.
    • Eat and enjoy!

Kristen October 22, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I made these a few days ago on the same night that I made delicious pumpkin chicken chili . . . perfect combination! They were a big hit with my hubby and our friends, too! I linked to your recipe! :) Next time I’m going to try making them with oat flour or some other gluten free flour sub. Thanks for the recipes!! :) xoxo

Karen October 24, 2010 at 11:12 am

These look amazing. However, I can’t eat gluten, do you think they would taste as good with almond flour?

Mel Piano October 25, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Nut bar? It’s my first time to here a recipe like that since I am not really a cook. I’m just trying to be one. Lol. Maybe I just need to follow carefully the direction to make it perfect. Thanks for the recipe.

Melanie Giant November 4, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Nuts are my favorites! Pumpkin and nut combination is new to me and I should really try this one when my hubby came home from his business trip. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe of yours.

Kim Lee September 11, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Made these today and they are so, so, SO scrumptious!! Thanks for sharing.

Ronnie November 17, 2011 at 11:06 am

Any ideas fo a topping or frosting ?
    How about a little cream cheese spread on top ?

Debbie October 15, 2013 at 9:38 am

These bars are FABULOUS! Sweet, chewy and moist, and super easy to make. I can’t stop eating them! Yum!!!