• Back to the Drawing Board

October 18, 2010

Remember when I said that pugs make good lobsters? Well, I take it back– well, at least for my pug. When Mal and I put the lobster costume on him the other day, he did not make a good lobster. Doesn’t his face just say it all?

IMG_0002.JPG

Here’s why Murphy didn’t make a good lobster:

1. He has no neck.

The lobster head would not stay put on Murphy’s head. The only way we could get it to stay was if we put it over his eyes, nose, and mouth and attached it on his chin. Clearly, this did not make sense nor was it very nice.

IMG_0007.JPG

2. His curly tail got in the way.

The costume had a great, long lobster tail, but because Murphy is a pug, his tail curled right up over it. A curly tail makes no sense on a lobster.

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

3. He’s easily distracted.

Every time Murphy moved, the legs and tentacles on the costume would flail around. This caused him to chase after them, which resulted in crazy pug circles in a 3-foot radius. (If you have a pug, you know exactly what I am talking about!) So, even if the costume fit Murphy properly, he wouldn’t have been able to wear it for long.

Oh, well. I’m glad that we gave the lobster costume a try, but it’s back to the drawing board to find a Halloween costume for the pug.

Lunch

I ate a 3-part lunch today. I started around 11:00 with cashew butter and apple butter spread on a Sandwich Thin.

IMG_0001.JPG

Around noon, I ate some butternut squash with a drizzle of maple syrup, walnuts, and raisins. Here’s how I baked the butternut squash.

_MG_9975.JPG

And around 2:00 pm, I had a bowl of yogurt with leftover fruit salad, cereal, and a scoop of Teddie peanut butter in the mix. I forgot how delicious yogurt + peanut butter tastes! It might make a serious comeback in my diet.

_MG_9986.JPG

The pug is itching for his afternoon walk. Better boogie!

Yummy dinner on the agenda for tonight! :mrgreen:

Jerilynne October 18, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Your butternut squash snack might be the greatest idea ever!!

I had a HUGE squash from my parents’ garden, I’ve incorporated most of it into 3 different recipes but there’s still some left over!! I am no longer wondering what on earth I will do with it =).

Tiffany October 18, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Poor boy, he looks miserable :( I found some good (and cheap) costumes at Ross this wknd and my dog is going to be Captain Jack Sparrow!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 18, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Have you ever thought about getting Murphy evaluated for ADHD? I think he might fall into that category. :)

Elizabeth October 18, 2010 at 9:50 pm

How about a bunch of grapes? I thought that costume looks so cute at Target. By the way, I love Murphy’s little bug eyes in that picture.

Hannah October 18, 2010 at 9:57 pm

I simply cannot get my mind around the American obsession with dressing your pets up! I have *never* seen a dog here in Australia with a costume on. But hey, maybe we’re the weird ones? :D

Amber K October 19, 2010 at 10:53 am

I have never had peanut butter with yogurt. That sounds so good!

Jessica October 19, 2010 at 1:04 pm

We got our pug a Taco costume. It’s adorable. Just something that rests on his back type of thing.. adorable and easy. :)

Denise October 19, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I have a Pug, too (Alouysius), and we tried the lobster last year with similar results. I think this year he might be answering the door in his Pug costume or perhaps just wearing a cute sweater.

smerscha December 10, 2011 at 8:05 am

The carrier is putting the brakes on materials - users in the superior 5 percent. This comes as AT&T says it’s on step for the benefit of note smartphone sales