• Your Wish Is My Command

September 27, 2010

You ask for pumpkin cookies, you get pumpkin cookies! :mrgreen:

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Makes 8 cookies

• 1 cup spelt flour
    • 1 cup canned pumpkin
    • 4 tbsp softened butter
    • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
    • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
    • 1/4 tsp ginger
    • 1/2 cup walnuts
    • 1/2 cup raisins

• Preheat oven to 325*F.
    • Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
    • Grease a baking sheet and portion dough into 8 large cookies.
    • Bake for 25-30 minutes until cookies start to light brown.
    • Allow to cool and enjoy!

If I had to give these cookies a grade, I’d give them a big, fat A. The only thing that would get them an A+ is a thick layer of cream cheese frosting on top! πŸ˜‰ These babies taste just like a pumpkin muffin top with a hearty mix of walnuts and raisins. I’m a big fan.

You also asked for photos of Murphy, right? Your wish is my command! πŸ˜‰

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 27, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Those pumpkin cookies sound delish! I can probably make them grain free, too. YUM :)

Murphy has the cutest facial expressions!!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 27, 2010 at 5:56 pm

awww Murphy never ceases to be too cute :) So adorable!

ain September 27, 2010 at 6:02 pm

OMG! so cute puppy!.. I love your recipe really! =) greetings.

Kim September 27, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Pumpkin Spice Cookies—yum, yum!!!! A must-try! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Tina!

LOVE the pictures of Murphy…my favorite blog entry on him is “Workaholic Pug”. That was priceless!!!

MaryZ September 27, 2010 at 6:15 pm

I am in love with Murphy! I love seeing that face…makes me smile every day! Thanks for sharing his fabulous personality with me:)

On another note…I will be making these cookies this week!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 27, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Oh MAN do these look good. Bookmarked, thanks for sharing!!

stacey-healthylife September 27, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Mmmm love the cookies and also love little Murphy, so cute.

Lainie September 27, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Tina, you need to add a one word thing to each photo of Murphy. Photo number 3 would be, “Seriously?”

hallie September 27, 2010 at 7:00 pm

murphy photos are my fave too!!!!
    have you checked out perezhilton’s newest website? It is called teddyhilton.com, in honor of his dog. It is the cutest site and there are a lot of fun/cute videos and also easy access to suppportive animal organizations on the site. Tina, you should check it out. Maybe your blog can bring attention to some of the organizations mentioned since your blog is soo popular, and obviously your readers are animal lovers considering how popular Murphy is.
    Just a thought!

Dee September 27, 2010 at 7:09 pm

YUM! Those cookies look amazing! And oh gosh… Murphy is JUST the cutest!

Jessica@tastyandtrim September 27, 2010 at 7:16 pm

omg yum! I am definitely making these this weekend! Do you think they would work with whole wheat flour? Murph is such a cutie pie :)

Katherine September 27, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Murphy’s face in the last picture! Too cute!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 27, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I am so tempted to make those pumpkin cookies instead of do readings for my class tomorrow! πŸ˜›

Lauren September 27, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Wow, thank you for posting this recipe!!! :)

Laura (Starloz) September 27, 2010 at 8:14 pm

great recipe, mmmmmmmmmmmm

Lisa @ Fit in the Midwest September 27, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Thanks for the recipe–they sound delicious! I was craving pumpkin cookies last week and couldn’t find a great recipe online. Too bad the grocery store I went to yesterday was out of canned pumpkin. :(

Danielle September 27, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I’ve never had pumpkin cookies – I’m looking forward to trying these out!

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 27, 2010 at 8:50 pm

bahaha these are the BEST pictures of Murphy ever…I am laughing out loud!

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 27, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Specifically the last two kill me

Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous September 27, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Haha the first picture of Murphy looks like he is looking up at the picture of the cookies with intent to eat hehe

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 27, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Murphy should probably be a model… I’m just sayin’

Hannah September 27, 2010 at 9:45 pm

I really am going to have to cook and mash my own pumpkin, aren’t I? These recipes are just too tempting!

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) September 27, 2010 at 10:02 pm

cookies and Murphy, does it get any better?! <3

Margaret September 27, 2010 at 10:45 pm

He is so photogenic! I love how he has so many different faces. I was never really a big fan of pugs but reading your blog had made me think they’re one of the best dogs around!

Those cookies look delicious! I’ll definitely have to give them a try.

Emilyeatsclean September 27, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Those cookies are just too easy!! Pumpkin puree is on the grocery list….I’ll be making these soon. Thanks for sharing!!

Sara September 28, 2010 at 7:47 am

Cookies and Murphy – nothing better! πŸ˜€

Alaina @ Jogging Concierge September 28, 2010 at 8:46 am

Haha, awww…he doesn’t look happy to be in the sink.

Thanks for the cookie recipe!! I love anything pumpkin spice.

tiffany September 28, 2010 at 8:51 am

Love seeing the photos of Murphy. He’s so cute!

Lu September 28, 2010 at 9:38 am

I love the pictures of Murphy. He’s such a looker! πŸ˜‰ I’m going to have to try these cookies. They look phenomenal and for some reason I just can’t commit to pumpkin bread.

CarrieBeth James September 28, 2010 at 10:19 am

i never knew how much i wanted a dog until i started reading your blog! your pug is adorable!
    through a unexpected set of circumstances my fiance and i (we’re getting married in about a month!!!!) were given a 9 week old boston terrier and he has drastically improved our lives by about a million percent!
    love reading your blog!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) September 28, 2010 at 11:12 am

I just can’t help it, when I see a picture of Murph I get this big silly grin on my face. :) I wish I could give that pug a big pug hug!

Allie September 28, 2010 at 1:31 pm

These look extremely festive and delicious…..do you think they would store well? I’m trying to send them to a friend across the country – hoping they will still be fresh!

Lindsay September 28, 2010 at 8:44 pm

These photos are TOO cute!

anne September 29, 2010 at 9:41 am

Wow, I just made them and they are a success. I have a ton of pumpkin to use up and a good cup goes into these :D. I made them in my mini cupcake pan though and they are super cute and super tasty. Yum. I have a feeling these will not last long.

Amy September 30, 2010 at 12:17 am

It’s like you read my mind the day you posted this! I had been looking up recipes online for pumpkin cookies that morning! I have a batch of these cookies in the oven right now, and if the batter is anything to judge them by, they’ll be pretty tasty. I also made some vanilla buttercream frosting to add to ’em as well.

Heather December 3, 2010 at 3:13 pm

i have one more wish … add this to your recipes page πŸ˜‰