Yummy breakfast this morning!
Doesn’t this piece of Baked Banana Oatmeal look delicious?!
Baked Banana Oatmeal
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients (except for the banana) in a mixing bowl.
- Coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour oatmeal batter into pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Slice banana and place on top of oatmeal batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Eating Baked Banana Oatmeal for breakfast this morning was such a treat– it was hearty, sweet, and comforting. And, the recipe was so easy to make. I could probably even make it during the work week, if I prepared the ingredients the night before. I’d just have to pop the mixture into the oven the next morning. I’ll have to keep this idea in mind!
I also enjoyed a glass of iced coffee with breakfast.
I’ve already made some serious progress on my To Do list for today. Hopefully, I can keep up the momentum!