• The 3-Minute Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

January 14, 2010

Mmm! Mmm! AWESOME afternoon snack today! :mrgreen:

I basically made a “healthier” oatmeal raisin cookie in the microwave– and it took me just 3 minutes.

IMG_2995.JPG

Here’s what to do:

Combine the follow ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl:

• 1/4 cup oats
    • 1/8 cup liquid egg whites
    • 2 tsp brown sugar
    • 2 tsp all-purpose flour
    • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1/4 tsp baking powder
    • 1 tbsp raisins
    • Cinnamon to taste

IMG_2980.JPG

• Scrape batter off the sides of the bowl and flatten into a cookie shape.
    • Cook in microwave for 45 seconds.
    • Allow to cool and enjoy!

IMG_2984.JPG

YUM!!! This recipe is definitely a keeper! It’s almost as delicious as the “real deal,” but much more nutritious. And, most importantly, it satisfies my cookie cravings! ;-)

IMG_2993.JPG

Nutritional Information (1 cookie):

140 kcal

7 g protein

1.5 g fat

40 g carb

17 g sugar

4 g fiber

Jenny March 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Just made this with quick-cooking oats, mashed banana to substitute for egg, and a combination of dates and raisins. Turned out delicious! I will try substituting honey for brown sugar and just raisins next time (couldn’t really taste the dates in there); I think maybe honey would make it moister.

Katie April 6, 2010 at 10:43 am

This looks yummy! I will have to try this! If I wanted to use a fresh egg white instead of the liquid would I just use one…?

Tina April 6, 2010 at 10:45 am

@Katie: Sure! Give it a try!

Laura @ youngDCliving April 6, 2010 at 8:24 pm

I just tried this and it was great! It sure is filling :) Mine was a little slimy after 45 seconds, is that normal or a sign that I need to replace my microwave, haha?

Amanda - Small Home Big Start May 13, 2010 at 3:55 pm

After months have wanting to try this, I FINALLY remembered to pack the ingredients to make it for an afternoon snack at work. I cannot believe I waited so long. I loved it. Thanks :)

Trevor July 10, 2010 at 11:01 pm

It’s good to see and share good healthy eating recipe’s

Amy July 6, 2011 at 5:59 am

@Trevor: Yeah.. I just share with others one of mine friend is fond of this food..

KM August 29, 2010 at 10:49 am

I’m going to try this recipe, it looks delicious (and easy!). One thing though, I thought the calorie count didn’s seem quite right, so I ran it through a recipe calculator, and it’s actually 280 calories.

KM August 29, 2010 at 10:55 am

My apologies, I reran it and it came to about 200 cals.

Mary Allison January 10, 2011 at 10:10 pm

This recipe has revolutionized dessert. It is yummier than a normal cookie in my opinion. Thank you Christina for a wonderful recipe!!!!
    I add a few chocolate chips to my cookie:)

Kristin January 25, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I just made this, it is sooo good, and completely healthy, thanks for the quick, delicious recipe!

Susannah February 7, 2011 at 9:27 pm

mine came out slimy too :/ any suggestions?

Tina March 11, 2011 at 8:48 am

Maybe cook it longer?

Sonya March 9, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I love this recipe. On the weekends I put together 5 bags of the dry ingredients so during the week all I have to do is add the egg whites & vanilla. I top mine with peanut butter and honey. It keeps me full until lunch!
    Thanks for posting.
    PS. I cook mine for a minute and it’s not slimy. Dried cranberries taste great, too.

Mary March 11, 2011 at 8:46 am

On this 3 minute oatmeal raisin cookie, is the microwave setting on high? I didn’t see answers to the ones who wrote in to say theirs were slimy. Can anyone answer that please? Thanks

Tina March 11, 2011 at 8:48 am

Lindsay March 16, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I also didn’t have any egg whites, so I substituted in a combination of peanut butter, honey, and milk. Mmm so gooey and yummy. Thanks for the recipe! :)

ChristinaAnne - RegularGirl{Running} March 21, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Perfect solution to my never-ending cookie cravings!!
    Chocolate chip is generally my poison of choice – but oatmeal raisin is a close second :)

I made it with a whole egg instead of egg whites (because that’s what I had!) and just cooked it a little longer to compensate. It actually is a BIG cookie (no complaints!). I ate it with a few fresh strawberries on the side and it was the perfect almost-no-guilt ending to my meal last night :) :)

Kendall April 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I saw this recipe online, and i immediately clicked on it.
    The pictures look delicious!
    I was wondering, if i don’t have liquid egg whites, could i use a banana or just 1 egg white from an egg instead?
    Also, I know this sounds crazy, but i don’t have a microwave at home, so how long do you think i should bake it for?

Thanks!!

Also, do you have any other low calorie recipes? Like brownies or flourless chocolate cake??

Bake a Little April 18, 2011 at 11:00 am

This cookie is the best grab and go breakfast option ever and its so large it feels very indulgent. Thanks!

Andrea May 15, 2011 at 4:54 pm

What a creative idea! Can’t wait to try it!

Olivia May 22, 2011 at 2:14 pm

i just made this and it was delicious and so easy! i followed jenny’s suggestion and used a banana instead of egg whites and replaced 1 tsp of the brown sugar with honey. so good!! it was a great snack after my morning run. i want another one now!
    (i tried making this for the first time yesterday and accidentally microwaved it for 3 mins instead of 45secs….don’t make the same mistake!)

Tina May 24, 2011 at 11:43 am

@Olivia: Mmm! That sounds so good!

Amanda May 23, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Just made this as a pre-dinner snack. Great recipe, very filling, and satisfied my sweet tooth! This would be great for breakfast with a nice glass of milk!

lauramich May 25, 2011 at 8:55 am

I love oatmeal raisin cookies; Teh Husband despises oatmeal raisin cookies (and any baked goods containing raisins). Must try this. Thank you!

Debbie June 9, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Love this! I know this is an old post, but I just tried it with dark chocolate chips instead of raisins. So good. The scoop of low-fat icecream I added may have negated the whole ‘fewer calories’ concept though.

Arie June 28, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Quick and yummy and very filling. I think this could be a great breakfast.

Becca September 27, 2011 at 6:50 am

I just made this with a whole egg, and whole wheat flour, and substituted fresh sliced strawberries. I made it in a mug and had to cook it for 1:15 [old microwave] but it turned out like a fresh baked muffin and smelled FANTASTIC. Sooo delicious and quite filling. Thank you so much! Good to have something quick for late night studying that’s also healthy. <3

Rita @ Healthy Mom, Sexy Wife January 4, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I just made this with regular oats and it is very rubbery (ugh). Was I supposed to use quick oats?

Tina January 4, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Yep! I think I used quick oats!

Rita @ Healthy Mom, Sexy Wife January 4, 2012 at 6:14 pm

@Tina: Thank you. I love oatmeal cookies so I will have to try it again with the quick oats. ;)

Jessie February 1, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I love this idea! I love chewy oatmeal. How long would these keep for? Could I make them ahead of time?

Kaitlyn March 30, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I saw this, and I knew I just had to tweak it to my dietary needs. Looks sooo good!
    1/4 cup GF oats
    I TBS raw light agave
    1 tsp ground flax seed
    1 tsp GF flour
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1 TBS unsweetened soy milk
    1/2 TBS unsweetened apple sauce

Microwave 30 seconds- um, YUMMY!
    (GF and vegan- full of fiber and nutrients!)

Bedo December 25, 2012 at 8:52 am

@Kaitlyn:

I used ur recipe but instead of oats i used oat bran, and instead of soy milk, I used natural homemade whey protein… turned out sooo yummy!! thanks!

Gloria August 5, 2012 at 3:01 am

what’s liquid egg whites? Can i just use egg whites instead of liqiuid egg whites?

Tina August 5, 2012 at 7:21 am

Yep, regular egg whites work too!

Timmy August 25, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Would it taste weird if I used 2 tsp of white sugar instead of brown sugar?

Tina August 25, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I’m not sure, but it would probably taste fine! :)

the 15 minute microwave goumet December 24, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I just took my basic recipe like this one only added coco and brown sugar cranberries and raisins butter and really coooked in a microwave for about 6 minutes it made one big cookie i placed 6 small spoon fulls on a plate and it grew together….and awesome it tastes really good chocolate cranberry raisin oatmeal cookie cooked in 6 mins let cool cut up and enjoy…….mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    the cinammon is very important…just a little salt ….

melody March 30, 2013 at 9:52 pm

i’m eating my cookie now sooooo yum!! thank you!

Michelle April 9, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Karo syrup would make it moister but that’s not really healthy. Try a teaspoon of that and a teaspoon of honey.

Mariah November 13, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Thanks for posting this quick cookie recipe! This looks perfect for when you have a sweet tooth and want a healthy quick fix. :) God bless you!

Mariah

Shelby January 16, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Just tried this finally. SO quick, SO easy, SO good. Someone suggested this for a breakfast – what a great idea. Next time I am going to add a little bit of dried cranberries and some chopped walnuts. Thanks for sharing this :)