• Keep Calm

January 17, 2010

As you can probably imagine, writing a book is not easy in anyway whatsoever.

Last week, at 6:15 in the morning, I basically had a mental breakdown. I just sobbed and sobbed while sitting at my laptop. I wasn’t even frustrated with my writer’s block or being thousands of words behind schedule. I just felt totally defeated trying to juggle so many jobs while writing a book at the same time. It’s just too much.

Anyway, the point of my story wasn’t to be totally depressing, but instead to share how wonderful my readers (and my sister) are to me, especially when I need it the most.

Last week, one of my blog readers sent me a link to the most adorable print, which immediately cheered me up and help me put things in perspective.

IMG_3306.JPG

Doesn’t it just say it all?!?

Yesterday, my sister gave this print to me as a gift, and, of course, it put the biggest smile on my face. I put it behind my laptop as a constant reminder to “Keep Calm and Love Pugs” while writing this book– word by word, one day at a time, and with lots of hugs for Murphy. ;-)

Snack

I was super snack-y this afternoon– probably because my lunch wasn’t very substantial. :-? Even still, I listened to my body and ate when it said it was hungry.

Mid-afternoon, I made myself a 3-Minute Oatmeal Raisin Cookie with almond butter.

IMG_3309.JPG

And, a little while later, I did some damage on a bag of Sea Salt & Vinegar potato chips. Once I started, I couldn’t stop! :oops:

IMG_3311.JPG

Dinner

Tonight’s dinner was inspired by a recipe from the December issue of Health magazine: Lemony Shrimp with White Beans and Couscous.

We didn’t have all of the ingredients that the recipe called for, so I made a number of modifications, including using brown rice instead of couscous, replacing the scallions with diced yellow onions, and omitting the flat-leaf parsley. I think my version came out pretty great! :-D

IMG_3326.JPG

While cooking, I sipped on a small glass of white wine.

IMG_3325.JPG

What a delicious meal! :-D The beans were easily the best part with tons of lemony-garlic flavor. This recipe is definitely a keeper!

IMG_3332.JPG

For dessert, I whipped-up my favorite treat: Sandwich Thin + peanut butter + chocolate and peanut butter chips. I think a second one of these babies is in my future tonight. ;-)

IMG_3338.JPG

My plan for the rest of the evening is to do a little writing then watch a movie with M & M. I need some vegging out in my life!

G’night! :mrgreen:

P.S. I’m debuting my game plan for Lose the Dough tomorrow!!! Hope you’re ready!

Jenny January 18, 2010 at 9:50 am

So sorry to hear you are stressed–but you are amazing! I cannot imagine juggling all you do, and doing it so well! Reading your posts is a highlight of my days :)

diana(mymarblerye) January 18, 2010 at 9:59 am

I know you are stressed and I am with my job at times as well but you have to remember how BLESSED you are to have these opportunities. God never gives anything you can’t handle.

Alexe January 18, 2010 at 9:59 am

Hi Tina!
    I discovered your blog a few days ago and I am already addicted! So much information and recipes! I share your interest in healthy eating and exercising so I can’t wait to see what your “Lose the Dough” challenge looks like. Have a nice day!

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} January 18, 2010 at 9:59 am

Thanks for being so honest. You do have loads going on in your world right now and deadlines can be hard to deal with sometimes. The “Keep Calm” poster is spot on! “One day at a time” is a great motto, however sometimes it needs to be “One minute at a time!” Here is another “Be where your feet are.” Staying in the moment helps ground us and keep us focused on what is truly important.

Carbzilla January 18, 2010 at 10:55 am

Hang in there! Yes, juggling and stress can lead to momentary breakdowns (and monumental fights with the hubby in my case). You’ll finish the book, you’ll have rewrites, you’ll think of even better material in the meantime. Take a breakdown moment – I think they’re good for us.

CaSaundra January 18, 2010 at 11:11 am

Sometimes all you need is a little chat with the right person when your feeling overwhelmed–I can’t imagine all you do in one day, but I sure give you props for it & I know you can handle it! Keep your head up and keep up the awesome work–can’t wait to read your book!

Veronica January 18, 2010 at 12:06 pm

I can’t wait to see the plan for lose the dough!

Lori January 18, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I highly recommend listening to Be Calm by fun. It’s my go to song when I feel like I’m going to break..I think blasting music and dancing around is a good remedy.

Just remember it’s all going to be worth it! :)

Stasa January 18, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I tried your 3-minute cookie today to hold me over till lunch. It was amazing and I have a feeling I’m hooked! I topped mine with pb and sliced banana- delish :)

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty January 18, 2010 at 1:30 pm

You are going to do amazing!! :) The book is going to be fabulous!! We are all looking forward to it!! :) Just breath and have a great day!!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather January 18, 2010 at 3:54 pm

That’s the perfect gift for you! so cute

Clemente Somayor December 5, 2010 at 10:49 pm

I am truly enjoying reading your nicely published content articles. It looks like you invest a great deal of effort and time on your weblog. I’ve bookmarked it and I am searching forward to reading new content articles. Maintain up the great work!

black diamond engagement rings for sale January 9, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Precisely what an individual reported made lots of feeling. But, consider this, imagine an individual put in slightly content? Come on , man, POST dont prefer to show you the way to function ones website, yet imagin if a person included something that will possibly get individuals interest? Just like a video clip or maybe your picture and also not one but two to have people today anxious about what exactly youve have to claim. Many people feel, it’d help make ones website come to life a bit.

Erin July 5, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Hi! I’m a new bloggie- and I LOVE this recipe! I made it tonight for my boyfriend and we are in a full food coma! Going to try to work it off with a short bike ride to the beach… THANKS!