• Baking Honeymoon

January 9, 2010

I never thought that an afternoon of baking would bring back so many memories of my honeymoon! ๐Ÿ˜€

While bakingย 3 batches of Oatmeal Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Bars, I watched last week’s episode of Real Housewives of Orange County. I hate to admit it, but I’m a big fan of the show. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

In the episode, Vicky and her husband, Donn, renew their vows in Turks and Caicos, where Mal and I spent our honeymoon. I was so excited to see them at many of the same places that Mal and I visited on the island. It brought back lots of wonderful memories! ๐Ÿ˜€

Vicky and Donn visited the Da Conch Shack & Rum Bar just like Mal and I did back in July 2008.

I loved that they were so intrigued by the conch’s “boy parts” just like we were! Mal and I were cracking up at Vicky and Donn’s reactions because ours were very similar! ๐Ÿ˜†

Vicky and Donn also shared a romantic dinner at Anacaona in the Grace Bay Club just like Mal and I did on our honeymoon. It was SUCH a lovely place to spend an evening with your significant other. I have such great memories of that night.

So handsome! ๐Ÿ˜€

Here’s my recap of the evening. It was a very special night!

My friend, Jen, and I are going out for dinner tonight. I’m not sure where we are going yet, but I’m actually not that hungry. I ate three Oatmeal Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Bars and now my stomach is so full. Boo! ๐Ÿ˜•

Tracie (@hollafoodzone) January 9, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Wow – that looks like a beautiful spot for a honeymoon! I’m a fan of the OC Housewives too – total guilty pleasure!

Emily Eats and Exercises January 9, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Beautiful honeymoon pictures – it looks like a beautiful spot. I hope you enjoyed the cookies – they sound delish!

Freya at foodfitnessandfreya.wordpress.com January 9, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Oh that dos look like a gorgeous place :)
    You’ve given me baking cravings..I made a cherry cake today, but now I want to make what you made! They sound good :)

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place January 9, 2010 at 7:34 pm

I cried watching that episode! ( haha how embarassing for me to admit)

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad January 9, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Real Housewives iof OC s definitely one of my guilty pleasures….I also really enjoy the NY one!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) January 9, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Foy Update - Cook. Garden. Write. Repeat. January 9, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Yummy! Both the cookies and the honeymoon!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is January 9, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Love your honeymoon pics!!

Katie O @ Fit to Wed January 9, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Your photos are gorgeous! We were torn between going to Turks and Caicos or Kauai for our honeymoon- we ultimately chose Kauai. I’m excited but now I’m second guessing myself!

Jenna January 9, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Have fun tonight! What’s all the yummy baking for?!

MelissaNibbles January 9, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing. I’ve never watched the Housewives…just the Jersey ones with the girl who flipped the table. Maybe I should watch this other one. It sounds fun :)

Eliza January 9, 2010 at 8:13 pm

You two are SO cute!! I want to go there! Have a great Saturday night! :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg January 9, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Now you’re bringing back memories for ME!!! We went there for our honeymoon as well!! Didn’t eat at either of those restaurants though!

Lauren January 9, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Ooh I am slightly obsessed with the show, which is so embarrassing to admit =/ I am not a reality TV person so I have NO idea why I latched on to this! These women entertain me but I don’t envy them at all.

However, I did envy Vicki’s lovely vacation! So exciting that it had such special meaning to you! It looks like an absolutely beautiful place to be with your significant other. I might have to discuss this with my boyfriend ๐Ÿ˜‰

Felicia (Bites of the Apple) January 9, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Yeah – I admit it too, I love Real Housewives of Orange County. I’m looking into a Caribbean honeymoon in Feb/March 2011 actually and am getting slightly overwhelmed by the whole process. There are so many more islands than I thought! But I might have to check out Turks and Caicos now too. It looks beauitful.

At least we have plenty of time to narrow down our options.

Katie January 9, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Cookies are one of my weaknesses!! Yummy cookies!!! Your pics from your honeymoon are so beautiful, what an amazing place!!! I posted pics of my new pug!!!! She says hi to Murphy!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great night, know your busy but if you have time check the pics out!!!!

amanda January 9, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Cookies are also my weakness!! Also I have been looking for a possible place to spend for my 10 year anniversary this year. I will be sure to put this on my list to check out. Love the pics

Joelle (The Pancake Girl) January 9, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Those cookies sounds amazing, as does Turks and Caicos. It’s wonderful to have great memories to look back upon and smile! :)

Mandy @ University Cooking January 9, 2010 at 9:58 pm

I like real wives of OC too. It’s just so bad it’s good.

Bridget January 9, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Can’t WAIT to try those bars!!! AWw its so fun reliving awesome memories :)

alison January 9, 2010 at 10:25 pm

i like the show too! don’t be embarassed. it’s good entertainment. how neat that you got a reminder of your honeymoon by watching it. sounds like a great place to go!

Lauren @ eater not a runner January 9, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Awww you guys are so cute!

eatmovelove January 9, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Adorable couple alert!!!

And Only 3 bars?! Natch girl – you still have lots of room for going out :)

Ashley January 10, 2010 at 12:24 am

I love that tank top you are wearing in the honey moon pix!

Good Taste. Healthy Me. January 10, 2010 at 12:28 am

What a great honeymoon. Love the pictures!

Ann @ Turbo Teacher January 10, 2010 at 12:33 am

Your honeymoon pics look amazing, Tina ~ especially since there is so much snow and ice here right now!! :(

I just wanted you to know that yesterday my internet was down for the entire day/night and it made me realize how much I really LOVE. YOUR. BLOG. ~ Thanks!

Leah January 10, 2010 at 2:46 am

I LOVE that show. Its on too late at night for me, so I wait until the reruns on the weekends. Today, I actually put off my run so I could watch it.
    Your honeymoon pictures are gorgeous btw. You loko so pretty!!

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} January 10, 2010 at 9:29 am

You guys are so cute in these pics! Hope you were able to enjoy dinner after those yummy bars!

Cait (Cait's Plate) January 10, 2010 at 10:16 am

Oh my gosh that place looks like heaven on earth! Those bars sounds delicious and haha – you’re so not alone on liking the real housewives…I’m a New York AND OC fan!!

Paige@ RunningAroundNormal January 10, 2010 at 10:28 am

What an awesome honeymoon. I watched the episode, too – so sweet :)

Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen January 10, 2010 at 11:04 am

gorgeous honeymoon! i love real housewives…it’s way too addicting :)

Rachel January 10, 2010 at 12:29 pm

My husband and I were thinking of taking a vacation there! You guys look adorable ๐Ÿ˜€

Jenny January 10, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Real Housewives is definitely a guilty TV pleasure of mine :)

Gorgeous pictures of you two!

Christy January 10, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I’m guilty of loving the Real Housewives of OC, too! They are so dramatic, it’s hilarious ๐Ÿ˜†

Ali@ Food, Fitness Fashion January 10, 2010 at 11:45 pm

WOW that beach ad sun is looking pretty goo right about now ๐Ÿ˜‰ Love all the sweet pictures of you and Mal.

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life August 3, 2010 at 10:53 pm

YUM, those bars sound fantastic!!
    I’ve actually never watched an episode of the Real Housewives (of anywhere!) – is that crazy?

Shane August 3, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Great pics. Makes me think of my honeymoon. I spent most of my time eating M&M’s, reading and wondering what the heck I had gotten myself into!! :)