I’m feeling a little burnt-out this evening, so I’ve decided to take the night off from blogging. All I really want to do is put on my PJs, watch a movie, and cuddle with my husband and puppy on the couch. I need to a night to recharge, ya know?
I did, however, muster up the energy to do some baking earlier tonight.
Sweet Potato Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Makes 16 cookies
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Blend well.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a tablespoon to portion cookie onto baking sheet. Flatten cookies with back of spoon.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy!
These cookies sort of taste like your regular oatmeal raisin cookies, but sooooo much better!
I’ve already eaten 4 of these babies! They’re FANTASTIC! Firm on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside with a subtle sweet potato flavor and bites of coconut and raisins throughout. I love ‘em! Plus, it’s fun to sneak veggies into my desserts! I might just need to eat a 5th one!
Enjoy the night! I’m unplugging.