Hello, blog world! 😀
Let me start off by telling you that I really loved this morning’s breakfast: my very own homemade granola + Greek yogurt + banana slices! Delish!
The homemade granola totally made the meal! I’m glad that I added so many almonds and raisins to it! 😉
With breakfast, I drank some iced coffee with vanilla soy milk and agave nectar.
Last night, I made a batch of homemade granola, which was so, so, so easy to make– and probably a whole lot cheaper and healthier than buying it at the grocery store.
Here’s the how-to:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350*F.
2. Combine the following ingredients (except for the raisins) in a small bowl:
- 1 cup dry oats
- 1/2 cup almonds (or your favorite nut)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin (or sesame) seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Shake of cinnamon
3. Stir well until agave nectar and canola oil are fully mixed in. It’ll start to get a little clumpy.
4. Spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Spread granola on pan and bake for 15-18 minutes, stir occasionally while cooking.
6. Remove granola from oven and mix in raisins.
7. Allow to cool before serving.
8. Store in air-tight container.
Feel Great Weight
In honor of my recent and very indulgent trip to San Francisco, I wrote about carbs this week: No Carb Left Behind!
I finally organized my FAQ page! I added some new frequently asked questions, but please let me know if I am missing any.
Question of the Day
What food(s) do you make at home instead of purchasing at the grocery store?