• Foodbuzz Festival: Eating and Greeting

November 7, 2009

Ahhhh! The Foodbuzz Festival is off to a rip-roaring start! It’s been AWESOME so far! The Foodbuzz people know how to throw a party! 8-)

My evening started in the hotel bar for a champagne toast hosted by the Bertolli folks.

DSC_0002.JPG

After some brief introductions, we toasted to our recipes being “on the menu” at the Foodbuzz Festival.

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

I love champagne! :mrgreen:

DSC_0016.JPG

Oh, yes I do! ;-)

DSC_0020.JPG

After our champagne toast, I headed upstairs to the Hotel Vitale terrace for the Foodbuzz welcome reception.

DSC_0022.JPG

The kick-off event was a wonderful opportunity to make new friends and put faces to blogs before the weekend got underway.

At the cocktail party, I enjoyed an Autumn Apple martini, which was made with Skyy Infusions Pineapple, Skyy Infusions Citrus, Honey Water, and Apple Juice. It was a great martini– strong on the booze and not too syrupy-sweet! ;-)

DSC_0025.JPG

The view from the terrace was beautiful!

DSC_0027.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

Healthy living bloggers!

IMG_0279.JPG

After a couple of drinks, we headed to the Street Food Fare, which was GREAT!!!

IMG_0284.JPG

The Street Food Fare was basically a huge hall filled with delicious eats, sweets, and drinks. It was a foodie heaven!

IMG_0286.JPG

There were so many yummy options! Holy food!

The chorizo potato taco from Tacolicious was easily my favorite of the evening!

DSC_0037.JPG

I wasn’t sure what to expect from the raw food station, but I liked their selections a whole lot! They were so fresh!

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

Raw pomegranate-lavender cheesecake! Yum! :-D

DSC_0056.JPG

The flatbread pizzas were also pretty amazing. I love pizza!

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

The beet and mushroom salads were also a highlight of my evening. Apparently, I have a weird beet obsession?

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

Kath, Meghann, and I shared the two salads. We definitely needed to pace ourselves at this type of event! It would have been really easy to overeat and leave feeling much too full.

DSC_0070.JPG

And, of course, there was plenty of dessert at the Street Food Fare.

I tried ALL of the different flavors of cupcakes from Mission Minis. Did you expect anything less of me? ;-)

DSC_0032.JPG

And I had a few bites of coffee ice cream from Straus Family Creamery. It was delicious, but at this point in the evening, I was much too full to really enjoy it. My stomach was stuffed! :-?

DSC_0085.JPG

We have an early run scheduled for the morning, so I’m off to bed. I’m excited to get out there and run– I just hope my stupid hip holds up.

Good night, guys!

candice November 7, 2009 at 1:15 am

Wow! Sooo much amazing looking food!!! The raw pomegranate-lavender cheesecake looks especially enticing, as does the ice cream and cupcakes (all the sweet stuff, that is!). And potato taco? Yummm~ Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Nicole November 7, 2009 at 1:15 am

WOW! What a great evening! The Street Fare looked amazing but it looks like you got a good assortment of food. The raw cheesecake looked so good! I can’t believe how ‘non-raw’ raw food can look and taste. I’m so glad you’re having a good time, too. Get a good night’s sleep!

amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) November 7, 2009 at 1:44 am

I wish I tried all of the cupcakes! I had pumpkin and the lemonade flavor. And I loved them. And that raw cheesecake was amazingly good.

maria November 7, 2009 at 1:59 am

Everything looks so good! You are lucky to get to try all these wonderful foods. I would have tried that flatbread pizza, for sure!

Diana November 7, 2009 at 4:36 am

All the food looks amazing! Everybody seems to be having a great time, can’t wait to hear more about it!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 7, 2009 at 7:48 am

WOW!!! Looks amazing!!

MelissaNibbles November 7, 2009 at 8:26 am

The raw cheesecake sounds delicious!

Sarah November 7, 2009 at 8:33 am

I think I have a weird obsession with beets too, they are so good ;-) I’m glad you are having a good time so far. Hope the run goes well!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 7, 2009 at 8:46 am

So glad you are having such a great time!! I love that picture of all you girls- just beautiful!

Mal November 7, 2009 at 9:00 am

T your trip looks awesome so far! Since he doesn’t know how to type, Murphy wanted me to tell you that he misses you and he loves sleeping on your side of the bed!

diana(mymarblerye) November 7, 2009 at 9:03 am

usually we all preach moderation…but I must say…if I was there..nothing would be safe…NOTHING!

Marisa (Trim The Fat) November 7, 2009 at 9:24 am

Wow, everything looks so good, I could see how it would be hard to not want to try it all!!

Enjoy!!

Stephanie November 7, 2009 at 9:30 am

Looks fantastic! I am in love with beets too these days, just can’t get enough of the lil’ guys – yum!

Lizzy November 7, 2009 at 9:40 am

everything looks wonderful! :) you were right when you said this was foodie heaven! :)

Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) November 7, 2009 at 9:53 am

Wow, that whole shindig looks amazing. How did you get involved in it? Pretty impressive that you are being sponsored and everything! What a blast.

Madeline @ Greens and Jeans November 7, 2009 at 10:03 am

That raw cheesecake sounds incredible! Well, okay, all of those foods sound incredible! Glad you all are having a great time!

Chelsea (Chelsea's Chew and Run Fun) November 7, 2009 at 10:09 am

That all looks spectacular! Love and miss San Francisco so very much. I waned to snatch that beet dish right off the computer screen. I, too, am obsessed with beets!

Enjoy your run, take it easy on your hip, there are lots of steep hills to contend with in SF! I recommend running by the beach if possible. There’s a great path for runners/bikers.

Cynthia (It All Changes) November 7, 2009 at 10:53 am

I would be so overwhelmed with all the yummy food. Glad you enjoyed it and hope your run went well :-)

Katherine (blissful-body) November 7, 2009 at 11:04 am

so glad you are having a wonderful time. that pizza looks amazing and is making me want to make a pizza today! sadly though, my gas stove ran out of propane and i have to wait until monday for more. what’s a gal to do without a stove (especially when checking out and being inspired by all the yummy food you are posting!)

Dawn Dishes It Out November 7, 2009 at 11:51 am

Great pic of you in the purple. All the food looks amazing & delicious … have fun!

Katie November 7, 2009 at 11:58 am

Everything looks so good! Beautiful fit bloggers. Good luck on the run. You won’t even notice any hip pain with such gorgeous scenery to run by!

Food Makes Fun Fuel November 7, 2009 at 12:15 pm

wow! Foodbuzz and bertolli really know how to through a bash.

BettyTheBalancer November 7, 2009 at 12:18 pm

These FoodBuzz posts make me miss San Francisco! Such a good foodie town — and that is a great photo of you!

Lynn (The Actors Diet) November 7, 2009 at 12:22 pm

the street food fare looks so fun!

BroccoliHut November 7, 2009 at 1:59 pm

All that food looks divine!
    Random Q: Is your top from Banana Republic? If so, I have the same one in green:)

Jenna November 7, 2009 at 7:24 pm

great eats!
    jenna

ravenouscouple November 9, 2009 at 9:05 pm

great live blogging! didn’t get a chance to meet you but congrats on the recognitions!

Kristen November 10, 2009 at 3:32 pm

fab photos. too bad we didn’t meet, but is sure was a lot of FUN!