Look at my dog:
He’s a cone head!!!
When we picked-up Murphy from the vet this evening, he was so excited to see us. He was smiling from ear-to-ear and wagging his butt tail like crazy. But, now that reality has set in, he’s not happy about the plastic funnel wrapped around his little pug head. Poor guy. Hopefully, he’ll get used to it sooner than later.
As for my Friday night eats, let’s start with a recap of dessert!
There were a bunch of apples and a pomegranate in the fridge that needed to be eaten ASAP or thrown in the garbage. You guys know how I feel about wasting food, so I combined them for a delicious Pomegranate Apple Crisp. Holy yum!
Pomegranate Apple Crisp
- 3 apples
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 stick of softened butter
- Cinnamon to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350* F.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter in mixing bowl. Mix until butter is blended well.
- Slice apples into bite-size pieces and spread in baking dish. Then add half of the pomegranate arils on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle oat mixture and remaining arils on top of apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Tasty and satisfying!
It’s only 8:30 pm, but I’m ready for bed. Murphy is already passed out on the couch. He’s snoring like a chainsaw!
Time for PJs. Good night, blog friends!