• Veggie Burger Quesadilla

January 26, 2009

Let me start off by saying that I am considering skipping my workout tonight. You see, Mal and I had plans to go to the YMCA, but he has no clean socks… and I am just about out of clean sports bras, which means: laundry time! (We just put in 4 super-duper full loads of dirty laundry!!) I know it’s kind of a lame excuse, but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. I am, however, still contemplating a workout in our apartment building gym downstairs. Feel free to give me a little push! ;-)

Dinner

I didn’t eat much of a snack this afternoon (apple + tea), so when I got home from work, I was famished! We had a bunch of random leftovers in the fridge, so I decided to combine them all into a veggie burger quesadilla

First, I nuked a veggie burger in the mircowave to make it soft. Then, I mushed it up and spread it over half of a whole wheat wrap. Next, I topped the mushy veggie burger with leftover brown rice, black beans, and shredded cheese.

Like so…

Finally, I popped the whole thing into our Griddler for a couple of minutes until the cheese was melted to perfection! :-D

Veggie burger quesadilla with organic whole carrots cut into “sticks”…

(I’m so DONE with baby carrots!)

For tonight’s dessert, Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Barney Butter spread on top are on the agenda! Can you say, “holy yum“? :mrgreen:

Afternoon Snack

My afternoon snack was an apple (pictured below) and a mug of Hot Cinnamon Spice tea, which was AWESOME!!! I’m in love! It reminded me of cinnamon-flavored gum, but it tea form! I love, love, love it!

Check out my new Foodie Blogroll mug! I’ve been looking for a new mug (that doesn’t spark in the microwave) to keep at work, and this one arrived just in time. I love the bright red tomato on it! Although, I do sort of wish it was a carrot! ;-)

Lunch

I didn’t eat lunch at my desk today! Yay! Lunch was a rice and bean mixture with steamed spinach, peach yogurt, an Adora disk, two Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, and H20 from my Sigg. (I ate the apple with my tea at snack time.)

Dinner – check
    Lunch made – check
    Blogging – check
    Workout – TBD

Carrie H January 26, 2009 at 7:00 pm

I’m with ya, Tina. It is -10 where I live and I am about to leave my office … I just want to go home and curl up with Obama’s bio “Dreams from My Father,” which I just checked out this afternoon …
    But I’ve decided. If you go, I’ll go! I’ll stop on my way home from work. I only have to do a half hour once I am there. :)

Mel January 26, 2009 at 7:09 pm

I say go, because I am about to go too! It’s cold and yucky out too… but I’m making myself go!

Sarah January 26, 2009 at 7:11 pm

that veggie burger quesadilla is such a FAB idea!!

what veggie burger is that? dr. praegers? how are those on protein/cal/sodium content??? I might get those next time depending…I used to LOVE dr. praegers YEARS ago

Tina January 26, 2009 at 7:15 pm

@Carrie H: I’m going! I’m already in my workout gear!

Tina January 26, 2009 at 7:16 pm

@Sarah: Yep, Dr. Praeger’s.

VeggieGirl January 26, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Yum!!

Rebecca January 26, 2009 at 7:33 pm

Those cookies sound like a great dessert! Interesting idea about a veggie burger quesadilla, I have all those ingredients around, I may just have to try out the recipe ;)
    I’m glad you are going for your workout – if you go today it will help your body get used to the evening workout schedule! Happy workout and have a great evening!

Christy January 26, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Who needs clean socks to go the gym when you will just get them dirty and sweaty anyway? ;p I think you should do something tonight so you will feel better and sleep well. Think of the “afterglow”. :)

Marianne January 26, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Cute mug! How did you score that? Love the veggie burger quesadilla too – I usually have all of the necessary things on hand, might have to try it sometime.

Kat January 26, 2009 at 7:39 pm

I’m with you on the carrots issue. I bought baby carrots this weekend because they were on sale but when i ate them with dinner tonight, they tasted way too sweet and very unnatural! I think I just need to stick with “the real thing” from now on.

Go work out; you’ll sleep better!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) January 26, 2009 at 7:50 pm

That’s so funny…we are having fajitas tonight and I contemplated putting a veggie burger in mine!

Something about eating just an apple makes me SOOOO hungry, I’m not sure why.

Get to the gym…and then have some more cookies!

HangryPants January 26, 2009 at 7:51 pm

The griddler makes everything look delicious!

Red Head, Yellow Dog January 26, 2009 at 7:53 pm

Grab a mag and head down to the gym for 20 minutes. Do a little cardio and a little weights and even that will feel great! And if you feel like doing more, do more. If not head back upstairs knowing you gave it a shot. But heading down there with just the thought of “only 20 minutes” makes it seem doable.

K January 26, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Cute mug!! I love the ‘dilla :)

Can’t beat those post workout endorphins! Just saying!!

Nicci January 26, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Crazy, lol I made a similar quesadilla tonight too? rice, blk beans, cheese, and mixed veggies. Must GO GROCERY SHOPPING! I used what I could find around the kitchen!

Kate January 26, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Sometimes I make doing laundry into a work out! It def takes a chunk of your time. I say put some tunes on and make your own dance routine while alternating with powerjacks, pushups, planks, and ab exercises!…..while listening for the laundry buzzer:P Or just get back on track tomorrow:)

Trust, Hope, Believe January 26, 2009 at 8:41 pm

i hate when laundry builds up that much, but ya need clean clothes sooner or later haha! those oatmeal cookies look so good! .. Do you have the nutritional values for them?

Shelby January 26, 2009 at 8:44 pm

The quesadilla looks very delicious!

Amelia January 26, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Totally understand the laundry excuse lol! But without exercise you couldn’t lift those laundry baskets! :)
    Your quesadilla looks delish. You’re so creative with that Griddler!

Jaime January 26, 2009 at 8:49 pm

I with you on the carrots stix. You just reminded me how I’ve been super lazy and buying baby carrots again lately, but I really enjoy actual fresh tasty carrots cut up instead. Note to self for next time!

Now go work out like a good girl!

Oh She Glows January 26, 2009 at 8:57 pm

How did you get a Foodie Blogroll mug? I looove it!

Angela

Katie January 26, 2009 at 8:57 pm

All of your creations lately are making me want a Griddler!

emily January 26, 2009 at 9:14 pm

I love how people’s tastes are different; baby carrots are my favorite food and I absolutly hate regular carrots! Maybe it’s a grown-up thing like wine though and I should try again.

Mara January 26, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Must. Make. Quesadillas.

Melissa S. January 26, 2009 at 9:20 pm

i totally do that with my veggie burgers! I think using a veggie burger helps keep everything inside because it’s already kinda sticky!

Missy (Missy Maintains) January 26, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Looks delicious! I have made veggie burger wraps before but never though to make it into a quesedilla!

Holly January 26, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Hi Tina! There is a reason baby carrots are less flavorful- they are widdled down from larger “unsellable” carrots and in the process, the outer layer is discarded leaving behind the layer with the most vitamins and nutrients. To make matters even worse for the babies, they are now actually made out of a specific type of carrot “bred” to grow faster, thus containing 70% less beta carotene than your average, standard carrot! Keep eating and enjoying those whole carrots :o)

Check it out:

Tina January 26, 2009 at 9:39 pm

@Trust, Hope, Believe: I don’t, sorry! But, I think you can add up the ingredients on caloriecount.com and divide by 20 to figure it out.

Tina January 26, 2009 at 9:40 pm

@Oh She Glows: I think I won one of their raffles! :)

Tina January 26, 2009 at 9:41 pm

@HangryPants: Agreed!!!

alaina January 26, 2009 at 9:41 pm

i love that idea for the quesadilla!

Brandi January 26, 2009 at 9:43 pm

1. Quesadilla looks great!

2. That tea sounds awesome.

3. Yay for not eating at your desk!

4. Did you work out? :)

Michelle January 26, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Yummy quesadilla! Great idea! Have a fabulous night!

Melissa January 26, 2009 at 9:50 pm

Your cookies look great! I’m just loving anything oatmeal these days!!

Jen January 26, 2009 at 10:20 pm

HAHA nice excuse for the gym! :) my hubby would cancel out on gym plans if he had no clean socks…I would go sockless! eww, right?! haha :)

melissa (fitnessnyc) January 26, 2009 at 10:41 pm

must try those cookies!

Meg January 26, 2009 at 10:43 pm

Great quesadillas and I love the cookies!

Amanda January 26, 2009 at 11:04 pm

If you ended up heading to the gym, good for you! I was on the fence tonight but my boyfriend offered to cook me dinner/hang out, so I told him to give me 30 mins for yoga and I’d hang out with him. It was the perfect stress-buster for my tough Monday at work. I’m glad I listened to my body and took it easy :) Those cookies look amazinggg

Meredith January 26, 2009 at 11:23 pm

Your veggie burger quesadilla looks good! What kind of veggie burger is it? It looks kind of like a sunshine burger.

Allison January 26, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Hey! I was wondering about the certificate in Nutrition that you have. What program did you go through?

sue January 27, 2009 at 12:12 am

your quesadilla looks so yummy— i had a similar dinner- a veggie burger wrap!

Tina January 27, 2009 at 6:09 am

@Allison: I am certified as a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant though the American Fitness Professionals and Associates (AFPA). Check out their website for more info.

Tina January 27, 2009 at 6:10 am

@Brandi: I did! :)

Elina (Healthy and Sane) January 27, 2009 at 9:01 am

Great job on going after all! :D