Oooooh, this was a good batch of muffins!
Makes 9 muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin pie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375*F
- Coat muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line muffins cups.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl; blend well.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy!
These muffins smelled incredible while they were baking! Our apartment was filled with a sweet pumpkin pie aroma that made both Mal and I very excited to sample one of these muffins as soon as they came out of the oven.
Our verdict: DELISH!!! The muffins were extremely soft and moist on the inside with a firm, slightly grainy top. The raisins and walnuts added crunch and chew, and the flavor was described by Mal as “just like pumpkin pie.”
In addition to being simply delightful, these Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins pack a powerful nutritional punch with lots of Vitamin A as well as Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Iron, Potassium (and others), and they’re a good source of fiber. Delicious and nutritious!