• Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

October 19, 2008

While I was at my shift at Healthworks tonight, Mal cooked dinner for the both of us. He made a big ol’ homemade lasagna, but not just any lasagna… Buffalo Chicken Lasagna! A reader actually sent this recipe link to me a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve been meaning to try it. I’m glad that Mal felt like cooking tonight! :)

Lately, we’ve been trying to prepare meals with lots of leftovers (Buffalo Chicken Lagagne, Cheddar-Topped Shepard’s Pie, etc.), so on the nights when I work late at Healthworks, all I have to do is reheat the leftovers for a quickie dinner. Plus, meals like this make great, easily-portable lunches for work– just pack in Tupperware and reheat in the office.

Mal’s Review: Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

“It definitely tastes better than it looks! The sauce is a little thin, but plenty flavorful. I may have overdone it with the blue cheese crumbles, but I still think the lasagna came out alright. Overall, I think the recipe is a good one; although, some alterations would make it much better. For one, you don’t need to use chicken, which makes it hard to layer the lasagna. Instead, I think ground turkey would be delicious in this recipe. I also think this would have a huge impact on the consistency of the sauce. I will definitely be making this again, but it’s going to be buffalo turkey lasagna.”

Tina’s Review: Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

I really liked this recipe, but, in my opinion, it needed more buffalo sauce. (Of course, right!? :) ) The buffalo sauce flavor barely came through when mixed with the marinara sauce. The lack of buffalo flavor was a little disappointing, but the blue cheese made up for it! Mal added extra blue cheese crumbles to the top, which gave the lasagna an intense, cheesy taste. Mmmmmm… pasta and cheese… 2 of my favorites!

Time for relaxing and reading in bed! I’m pooped! Good night!

Meg October 19, 2008 at 9:55 pm

Wow! Working on a Sunday night! Dinner looks delicious! Maybe you could decrease the marinara so the buffalo sauce will shine through more! Have a wonderful night!

Bridget October 19, 2008 at 10:01 pm

Yum…That recipe looks like it has a lot of potential…mmmm. I heart leftovers.

HangryPants October 19, 2008 at 10:38 pm

Very nice duel reviews. Creative recipe, too. Have a great Monday.

Kelly October 20, 2008 at 12:43 am

That sounds quite unusual! I am a huge leftover queen. Since I live alone there is no sense in making more than a couple of meals each week, it would just be too wasteful. I usually end up making 1-2 big meals and bringing leftovers all week. I know leftovers can sound mundane but it’s all about making craveable recipes.

mi October 20, 2008 at 3:41 am

love a man who can cook :D

Celia October 20, 2008 at 6:59 am

Wow!! I can’t believe I missed out on so MANY FUN posts while I’m away for just a few days!!

Backtracking a little, YES, looks like you really did have a LOT of fun back at the ‘burbs! I totally <3 your idea of indulging (in moderation, of course!) without guilt … I’m currently still trying to get past the guilt factor when I indulge in ‘decadent’ food, but I’m getting better at it *yay!* :D Nehoos, oolala, the lasagna looks so scrumptious, I love lasagna! Mind sending me some?!!! :mrgreen:

zestycook October 20, 2008 at 7:10 am

WOW Tina, This sounds very interesting and tasty! I must say it looks very creative and I would like a piece for lunch :).

Thanks for sharing
    zesty

lauren October 20, 2008 at 8:28 am

whoa – very different version of lasagna! and your weekend looks like fun! love that you indulge in some good food. that is right up my alley.

AlliJag October 20, 2008 at 9:55 am

That lasagna looks amazing! You can NEVER have too much hot sauce – I’m with ya! :D

kristi October 20, 2008 at 12:19 pm

OMG! This looks so good! I looked at the recipe and is I want to make sure I read it correctly, you used uncooked lasagna noodles????? I know some lasagna you cook them before hand, so I just want to make sure. Please let me know! Thanks Tina!

Tina October 20, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Kristi,

Yep, uncooked lasagna.

Sophie October 29, 2008 at 9:54 am

I love the idea of using tasty leftovers to make a lasagna :).

emtewks November 2, 2008 at 11:00 pm

Thanks for the great recipe! I made it for dinner tonight taking both you and Mal’s suggestions. I made it with ground turkey instead of chicken which worked out quite nicely. I also modified the sauce by only using half of the amount that the recipe calls for. I added a can of diced tomatoes instead and a few extra dashes of hot sauce. It really helped the hot sauce come through. I mixed blue cheese crumbles and mozzarella together for the topping. It was really yummy and I have leftovers for tomorrow! Great recipe idea! :)

Tina November 3, 2008 at 6:28 am

emtewks,

I’m glad that the ground turkey worked out– good to know! The can of diced tomatoes sounds like a great idea!