- 1.75 pounds frozen tater tots or 6 ounces frozen hash brown patties
- 5 large eggs
- 1.75 cups of whole milk (1.5 cups if you use hash brown patties)
- 3/4 cup finely diced peppers and onions (I throw them in a food processor)
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, peppers, onions, onion powder, pepper, and salt.
- Spread 1 cup of the shredded cheese on the bottom of a baking pan. (Add more cheese if you like your egg bakes really cheesy! I also recommend pushing a little extra into the corners of the pan. OMG, it’s so good when it melts!)
- Pour egg mixture into dish.
- Layer with tater tots. (If not you’re not baking it right away, cover with foil and chill in fridge until the next morning.)
- To make this recipe even easier, you can use frozen hash brown patties instead of tater tots. (I buy the ones from Trader Joe’s.) When I use the patties, I typically use a little less milk (1.5 cups) to give the dish a bit more of firm, egg-y texture.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: hash brown breakfast bake