I love a good muffin, so when I thought about what I would eat for breakfast and snack on during my upcoming travels, this tasty treat immediately popped into my head. But, I didn’t want to make any old muffin. (You know the ones that leave you hungry just a couple of hours later, right?) I wanted to make a muffin with some serious staying power, so I incorporated some of my favorite protein- and (healthy) fat-packed ingredients into this recipe. And, after a quick tally, each of these muffins packs nearly 8g of protein, which is pretty good for a baked good!
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup grated zucchini, pressed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Coat muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (or use paper liners) and divide batter among nine cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until muffins are cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Makes 9 muffins
These muffins are dense, but moist at the same time. You can tell you’re eating a hearty, satisfying, and nutritious muffin, but there’s a hint of “dessertiness” in each bite too. I can’t wait to pack these babies for my upcoming trips!