Yesterday was a lot of fun! I spent the afternoon with my hubby and friends- BBQing, playing cornhole, and sipping delicious summer sangria!
Sensational Summer Sangria
Makes approximately 6-8 servings
- 1.5 liters of dry white wine (I used Woodbridge Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 liter of soda water
- 1/2 liter of Fresca (or other citrus soda)
- 1 bag of frozen berries
- Cut peaches and pears into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine wine, soda water, and citrus-flavored soda in a large pitcher.
- Add peaches, pears, and raspberries.
- Chill sangria for approximately 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Serve in your favorite glass and enjoy!
Delicious! I especially loved the white wine-soaked peaches!
While the ladies enjoyed the sangria, the men dug into the brews.
The main activity of the afternoon was cornhole! I was by bar the worst player of the day, but I still had a fun time playing!
Before the BBQing started, I snacked on Zesty Dill pickles. I loved the flavor zing!
From the grill, I enjoyed a small hamburger with spicy mustard. I ended up ditching half of the “white” bun- no need for those type of carbs! Boo!
The afternoon also included playing with our friends’ dogs, Bella and Grady.
Eventually, we wore them out! Nap time!
And, check out the visitor who tried to crash our party! Eek! Biggest raccoon ever!
It was an awesome Saturday! How has your weekend been so far?