On Sunday afternoon, Mal and I (successfully) toured the maternity ward of the hospital where I am going to deliver Baby H. in just a few weeks. (We didn’t miss the tour this time! Hooray!) The tour was really helpful and made me feel a little bit more prepared about what to expect when we arrive at the hospital. And, hey, I’m just glad we know where to go now! Haha!
On the tour, one of the nurses discussed some of the things we might want to bring with us since we’ll likely be at the hospital for 2-3 days. It still might be a little too early to pack my overnight bag, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to at least start thinking about it, right?
Here’s what I have on my list so far, but if the moms out there have suggestions, I’d love to hear them, especially the things that really made a difference in labor and your time at the hospital.
- Installed car seat
- A going-home outfit for Baby H.
- A going-home outfit for me
- Nursing bras and tanks
- Flip flops
- iPhone and charger
- Undies (I need granny panties, right?)
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, Chapstick, face wipes)
- GU <— genius idea from my friend Caitlin!
- Laptop (if Baby H. decides to come the weekend of the NE CrossFit Regionals)
Question of the Day
Anything else I should add to the list?
P.S. I heard a rumor it is Teacher Appreciation Day at Chipotle!