I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola® Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #swissherbs
Last week, Mal and I took Quinn (and Murphy) on his first hike of the season. It’s finally starting to warm up here, so we took advantage of the beautiful weather and took a nice, long hike together.
Before the hike, we got Quinn all packed up with a bunch of must-haves for an outdoor adventure with a little one.
I knew we’d only be out for a couple of hours, but I still wanted to make sure we were prepared.
What we packed:
- Snacks: We packed a bunch of Quinn’s favorite snacks, including a banana, a Happy Baby pouch, and some rice crackers, which he ended up snacking on midway through the hike.
- Boogie Wipes: Going to daycare a couple of days a week means that Quinn almost always has a runny nose. We love Boogie Wipes for cleaning up his boogies!
- Ricola® Revitalizing Herb Drops: Mal has Spring allergies, so he loves Ricola cough drops, especially this variety because they have B vitamins as well as a mixture of Swiss alpine herbs and ginseng, which gives him a little boost.
- Sunblock: It was a chilly, but sunny day, so we made sure to cover Quinn’s exposed skin with sunblock.
- Hooded sweatshirt: We dressed Quinn in a long-sleeve shirt + fleece vest, but we brought a hooded sweatshirt just in case the weather turned cold when we were in the middle of our hike. We didn’t end up needed it, but I’m glad we had it just in case.
- Cell phone: For emergencies and photos!
Yay, ready to hike!
We hiked for about two hours, and Quinn had a wonderful time looking around and exploring his surroundings. He’s such a nature lover.
Tree bark? So cool.
At the halfway mark, it was my turn to give the hiking backpack a try.
It was a lot of fun carrying Quinn around on my back, but toward the end of the hike, I was ready to stop. Hiking with a 20-pound infant on your back, especially up hill, is tough! What a workout!
All in all, it was a wonderful family outing, and I can’t wait for the next one!
Questions of the Day
What item do you ALWAYS make sure to have on you when you do outdoor activities?
What’s your favorite Springtime family activity?
Do you have Spring allergies?