Mal and I cooked another rockin' dinner last night. We're on fire this week!
Mal and I were in the mood for tacos, but we didn't have everything we needed to make them, so we improvised with what we already had in the kitchen. The end result was a delicious chicken and rice dish with peppers, onions, and taco seasoning. It was awesome and, of course, easy to make. We aren't that fancy when it comes to cooking.
- Cook rice as directed and grill/bake chicken breast
- Meanwhile, sautÃ© chopped peppers and onions in olive oil
- Add a packet of taco seasoning + 1 cup of water to the sautÃ©ed veggies
- Stir taco seasoning with veggies until it becomes a sauce; add more water if needed
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size chunks
- Combine rice, chicken, and taco-veggie mixture in a large bowl
- Serve warm
I added a side of mashed butternut squash to my plate. It was such a delicious dinner.
Breakfast was also really tasty this morning. I made a big pumpkin pancake with peanut butter, chia seeds, and maple syrup on top. For the pancake, I combined 1/2 cup Kodiak Cake Mix with 1/4 cup canned pumpkin, 1/4 cup of water, and cinnamon.
Feel Great Weight
When I gained more than 20 pounds after college, I knew I wasn't being completely honest with my weight-loss efforts, so I started to pay more attention to serving sizes with the help of measuring cups and spoons. Here's how these slimming kitchen gadgets helped me lose weight: 4 Ways Measuring Cups and Spoons Helped Me Lose Weight.
Question of the Day
What tools or gadgets have helped you lose weight?
P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway on Trading Up Downtown to win TWO copies of the new Sparkpeople Cookbook! Definitely check it out. It's a great cookbook!