Hi, guys! I hope your week is off to a wonderful start!
I feel like I haven’t recapped a weekend on the blog in ages now, so I wanted to start a new weekly series to share the highlights with you. I often share tidbits of our weekend on Instagram Stories, but just in case you’re “unplugged” and missed them over the weekend, I wanted to blog about what we’ve been up to. That said, here are the “top 5” from the weekend!
1. Open swim with Quinn – I’m generally not a fan of swimming and typically avoid lakes, pools, and the ocean, but now that Quinn is loving swimming so much, I’ve been taking him to open swim at Goldfish and YMCA. We spent a ton of time at the pool on Friday and Sunday – we actually went 3 different times last week! I love that he loves the pool so much!
2. Stumbling upon this sweater – Oh my gosh, this sweater is everything, and I’m obsessed. I just need to decide which color to order – it comes in 11 different options!
3. Fresh cider donuts from Hornstra Farms – Hornstra truly has THE BEST cider donuts. They’re a little crispy on the outside and so soft and chewy on the inside. Yummm!
We actually ended up buying a dozen and bringing them to my cousin Meeghan’s house for dessert after dinner. They were a HUGE hit. I actually think we ate them all! 🙂
4. Cousin’s dinner – Growing up, I spent soooo much time with my cousins. Looking backing, they were basically like sisters to me. Summers were spent at Grammie’s house playing around the pool and weekends were spent sleeping over at one another’s houses, and some of the best memories I have are ones that we made together. As we’ve grown into adulthood, our schedules have gotten much busier, so we don’t see each other as much, but we still make it a point to hang out – and when we do, we pick up right where we left off. We laugh SO MUCH! It’s like nothing has changed over the years!
5. Walk Challenge Kick-Off – The 10,000 Steps Per Day Challenge kicked off on Sunday, and I’m so excited to have a daily fitness goal to keep me motivated as we move into the busy holiday season. If you’re interested in joining, you can still sign up!
Question of the Day
Are you close with your cousins?
With Quinn likely being an only child, I am so happy that he has so many cousins around his age. I hope he’s able to grow up with them and experience the same special relationships that I did!
My 4 kids only have 2 cousins who live on the opposite coast, so my own cousins’ kids are their “cousins” (technically their second cousins), which I love love love! So instead of “cousins who are like siblings” they have “second cousins who are like cousins” which as you said, can kind of be like siblings 🙂
Yes! I have 3 siblings and a TON of cousins, so growing up was a blast with everyone. Having family close by is awesome!
Yes! I grew up less than 10 minutes from my Aunt and Uncle who have five boys close to my age. I spent a lot of time on their farm, and as adults we are still close!
Yes! I’m close with mine, we vacation together in Maine every two years.
Now as far as our kids go we live far from home and I’ve never wanted to move back but now I’m thinking about it because my boys miss their cousins, grandparents, etc so much!
Hi Tina! I signed up yesterday for the challenge, but didn’t receive an email or anything. Are we supposed to receive something?
You might have missed the first 2 emails, but I’ll be sending another on Friday and throughout the Challenge. Keep a look out for them! Glad you signed up!!
That sweater is a must have! Love how cozy it is unfortunately, it’s probably never old enough for it
Your link isn’t working for the sweater 🙁 Where is it from?
Maybe try it again? It worked for me.
Your little boy, Quinn is so adorable!…I remember seeing pictures of him since he was a baby…love your blog!…
Aww, thank you for reading! 🙂