Happy OCTOBER 1ST to you! Also, happy THURSDAY! The weekend feels so close, I can just taste it”¦ if that’s something you can taste? Do people say that? I have no idea, but I’m excited that the weekend is just around the corner because we’re going to Newport, which is our FAVORITE WEEKEND OF THE WHOLE ENTIRE YEAR. Seriously. Mal and I look forward to it so much. We love everything about Newport””including all of its wonderful memories””and we always have a great time there.
Last year with my sweet boy…
Anyway, let tell you about our Wednesday. On Thursday. It was a nice combination of low-key and busy. I have about, uh, thirteen things to share (so I can give this post a catchy title). Let’s start at the beginning…
1. I woke up with quads ON FIRE (like Alicia Keys sings about). I did the workout below on Tuesday night and, whoa, it kicked my butt. I am so not in CrossFit shape anymore. The 50 pistols destroyed my quads, but, truthfully, I kind of loved it. I know… I have a CrossFit problem. I’m okay with it.
2. I ate a big ol’ piece of Peanut Butter & Pumpkin-Stuffed French Toast for breakfast. And it totally rocked my world. (Do people say that about food? Yes?) I can’t wait to share this recipe with you guys. It’s a WINNER for sure!
3. I also drank a VIA Instant Pumpkin Spice Latte with breakfast. I don’t usually like instant coffee, but this flavor definitely changed my mind. Mmm… pumpkin spice. I actually drank another one mid-morning because I liked it so much!
4. Related: Apparently, I’ve been living under a rock because I just heard about the Toasted Graham Latte from Starbucks. Anyone tried it? Any good? I need details! It sounds incredible.
5. Quinn, Murphy, and I read about 20 books together. We (Quinn and I) also learned some new body parts. He knows the usuals, but we added “elbow” and “cheeks” to the mix.
6. After our epic book-reading session, we cleaned the house for a special visitor who is arriving later this afternoon. The Swiffering “mission” is one of Quinn’s favorites. He actually cries if he can’t do it! Haha!
7. Quinn wore his “new” Jack & Janie hooded raincoat (via thredUP) for the first time. I’m so happy with this purchase because 1) it’s adorable (there are little frogs on the inside); 2) it’s in great shape and high-quality; and 3) it fits Quinn now, but there’s room to grow, so he’ll likely wear it a ton. I’m telling ya, thredUP is awe-some for kid’s clothing!
8. Quinn and I went to the library where he especially liked returning books.
9. We also picked out new books and played with the toys at the library. It was the perfect rainy day activity.
10. Another perfect rainy day activity was baking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies while Quinn napped. I used this recipe, but reduced the sugar and butter.
11. Also, during Quinn’s nap, I did some window shopping online. I’m in the market for a new tote bag since the one I currently own is seriously well-loved (i.e. baby boogers, pouch stains, overall nastiness). I found this tote as well as this one. They’re from the same brand and cost the same amount ($48), and they look like they’ll hold up quite well. I found them on Nordstrom.com, so maybe I’ll pop into the store and see if I can check them out in person.
13. I made one of my favorite super easy recipes for dinner and it was just as delicious as I remembered! Why don’t I make it more often?
Albion Fit Giveaway
Thanks to everyone who entered to win a $100 gift card to Albion Fit! Here is your winner:
Congrats, Jovan! Please email me at email@example.com to claim your prize.
***If you’re interested in purchasing something from Albion Fit, you can save 15% off your order with code carrotsncake15 now through October 10, 2015.***
Questions of the Day
Any suggestions for what I should hang in my office?
Thoughts on instant coffee? Yay or nay?
Have you tried the Toasted Graham Latte from Starbucks? Do I need to try it?
P.S. Be sure to enter my Choice Hotels giveaway! I’ll pick a winner next week!