How was your Labor Day weekend? Ours was awesome. It was a nice mix of fun + rest and relaxation, which is the best kind of long weekend, right? That said, here are 23 things to recap our weekend. Here we go, in no particular order…
1. My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew came over to our house for a barbecue.
2. Mal cooked chicken on the grill while I whipped up my Grammie’s broccoli salad (I need to share this recipe with you guys ASAP!) and sweet potato wedges.
3. My sister brought the wines that I ordered from her tasting. I’m in love with the Jitterbug Sauvignon Blanc.
4. We went shopping for rugs at Jordan’s clearance center. <– you can find such great deals!
5. We almost bought this rug (below) for our dining room, but one of the corners was really frayed. Boo.
6. We took a family walk at Wompatuck State Park.
7. Even though it was almost 90 degrees, Murphy still enjoyed himself.
8. Quinn did too! Look at his little face. Too cute!
9. We tried the Bacon Cheddar Cheese from Trader Joe’s, and it was soooo good. I think it would taste even more amazing inside a grilled cheese sandwich WITH bacon.
10. I made some incredible, semi-healthy spinach artichoke dip. I’ll share the recipe on CNC soon!
12. I ordered the fish tacos for dinner. They were pretty good.
13. We also went to a Revolution game!
14. We had some fun with selfies during half time.
15. The Revs won 3-0 over Orlando City.
17. I finally unpacked the boxes in the dining room. We have a few more in the basement and guest room, but we’re mostly unpacked now. Yay! We’re slowly getting there.
19. Quinn tried steak for the first time at a friends’ barbecue. It was really good meat, so I know why he liked it so much!
20. Quinn and I both took 3-hour naps on Saturday and we both needed it. (He’s fighting a cold and my platelets are really low from Remicade and the fatigue is kicking my butt.)
21. I also went to bed early on Sunday night. Murphy was more than okay with that.
22. We went out for coffee and Quinn enjoyed playing with my old business cards. They were printed almost 8 years ago, and I probably haven’t given one out in about 5 years, but I still carry them in my wallet.
23. I ate an awesome wrap from Brewed Awakenings in Hingham. It was turkey with Havarti cheese, roasted red peppers, sprouts, bacon, tomatoes, and honey mustard. Yummm!
Question of the Day
Tell me 3 things from your Labor Day weekend!