Hi, friends! Happy, happy, happy Monday to you! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Here’s a quick little recap of mine”¦
Left to right starting at the top:
- Kettlebells 4 Kids. The WOD was a lot of fun (and surprisingly challenging for just 8 minutes) and we got sweaty for a good cause!
- Glazed donut. Mal and Q took a ride to Dunkin Donuts while I was WOD-ing on Saturday morning and brought me back a donut. Aren’t they the sweetest?
- 3-ingredient sangria. This stuff is the best and soooo easy to make. In a large pitcher, just combine 2 bottles of champagne with 48 ounces of fruity flavored seltzer (I used 2 cans of pomegranate and 2 cans of pompelmo San Pellegrino) and frozen berries. Easy as that!
- Gretta. She came over on Saturday and played with Murphy. They stole socks and ran around the yard like freaks.
- The best pancake mix. It makes the lightest, cake-like pancakes ever!
- My view on Sunday morning. The cutest baby ever, blackberry pancakes, stripey sweatpants.
- Sporting my new shorts before a run on Sunday afternoon. I rocked out 5 miles, which is the longest distance I have run since last October! Yay!
So, Friday night… Mal and I went to a friends’ birthday party with Q. We were all having a great time until Q starting crying and crying and crying. He just wouldn’t stop. Mal and I both took turns trying to calm him down, but a solid hour passed with no luck. Q was actually getting more and more upset and nothing we did chilled him out, so we decided to leave the party and head home.
Instead of making a big deal about our departure, we did the old “Irish goodbye” and quietly slipped out without saying goodbye to anyone. Well, we said goodbye to a few friends, who were hanging out outside, but we didn’t say goodbye to the majority of people at the party. We felt bad peace-ing out like that, but a very upset baby encouraged us to make our exit as quickly as possible. Can anyone else relate or are we just jerks?
Blue Apron Giveaway
Thanks to everyone who entered the Blue Apron giveaway! Here is your winner!
Oh my gosh, the shaking beef dish looks amazing”¦ and many things my husband would eat too. Thanks for the chance Tina.
Congrats, Dawn! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize!
Thanks to everyone who entered the Ebates giveaway! Here is your winner!
I am already an Ebates member and love it!
Congrats, Taryn! Please email me at email@example.com to claim your prize!
Question of the Day
Have you ever done the old “Irish goodbye”? (I used to do it ALL the time in college and pretty much any time I was really drunk. I just wanted my bed!)
Moms (and dads): What do you do when your kid is having a meltdown and you’re at a party/get-together or out in public? (Clearly, we had no idea what to do the other night!)