Hi, friends! Happy Friday!
It’s been a snow-filled week around here, and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. Anyone else excited to set their clocks ahead Sunday? Oh, yes, I’m ready for Spring… and SUMMER! Speaking of which, I signed up for a “Spring Into Summer Fitness Challenge” at Iron Way to help motivate me to get my act together. It’s 12 weeks, so it’ll be just in time for the warm weather. I’ll share some details along the way! 🙂
Anyway, I’m popping in with The Friday 5 where I recap my top 5 favorites from the week. I hope you enjoy them, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
1. Sweet potatoes with nut butter – I’ve been loving sweet potatoes with nut butter. If it sounds odd, trust me, this combination is so good. It’s especially wonderful as sweet potato toast! Plus, it’s full of healthy carbs and fats, so it’s super satisfying and helps to curb my sweet tooth. If you have a sweet tooth, too, I have other tips on How I Beat My Sugar Addiction.
2. Elastic waist jeans (aka “pull-on leggings“) – I’ve received so many compliments on the jeans pictured below, I just had to share. I actually got them from Stitch Fix, but the brand is Liverpool, and they’re similar to maternity jeans, but a lot more flattering. They’re comfy and stylish, so I wear them ALL the time! Just pull ’em up!
3. Coffee & Kettlebells podcast – I love listening to the Coffee and Kettlebells podcast with Morgan Kline – mom, personal trainer, and co-founder of Burn Boot Camp. This week’s episode with Morgan was all about body image, but her podcast includes an awesome variety of topics from nutrition, fitness, self-help, style, entrepreneurship, motherhood, and more.
4. BROC SPROUT 2 (Whole Broccoli Sprout Capsule) – You know by now that I am fascinated by hormone health, so I’ve been taking this broccoli sprout supplement. Broccoli sprouts contain high amounts of Sulforaphane, which is a potent antioxidant that helps with estrogen metabolism. Obviously, I’m not a doctor, so check with yours before you try adding this to your routine.
5. PRODUCTIVITY (finally!) – I’m a hot mess at all times, but I finally feel like I’m getting it together on the work front. I hired another nutrition coach and someone for the CNC team to help me out. Additionally, I’ve been reading up on how to be more productive. My goal for 2019 is work smarter not harder, and these few resources have really helped!
- Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less – Great advice for grouping similar tasks together and using the momentum gained from one task to complete the next.
- Another favorite for creating a “perfect” work day is The Perfect Day Forumla, which I actually blogged about last year.
- And The One Thing is another book that helped me a ton to tune in and decide where to focus my time and energy.
Happy Friday, friends! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Sales from the Week
Questions of the Day
What’s your favorite podcast lately?
Do you eat broccoli sprouts or take a broccoli sprout supplement?
P.S. Beautycounter is offering a super discounted enrollment fee for new consultants until Sunday, March 10. If you’ve ever thought about becoming one, NOW is the time. Just sent me a message to learn more!