Fri-yay! Who else is ready for the weekend? It’s been a jam-packed week of work, so I’m definitely looking forward to some R&R this weekend. We’re keeping things low-key for Mother’s Day, but I’m looking forward to it. We’re either doing pancakes in bed or visiting one of our favorite breakfast spots. It all depends if I’m able to sleep in! 🙂
This week’s Friday 5 was a random mix of good stuff from kid games to wild salmon, bras, and podcasts. How’s that for variety! Let me know what you’re loving this week: a new safer skincare find, a delicious macro-friendly meal, a sweaty workout. Please share in the comments below. I hope you have an amazing weekend, and Happy Mother’s Day to all my fellow moms!
1. Simple Science Projects – This has been so fun for Quinn! (And who I am kidding, for me and Mal too!) We’ve been loving helping Quinn with these simple, kid-friendly projects. Technically, it’s designed for kids age 9-13, but Quinn’s been mastering them no problem. Plus, they require very few supplies, and we usually have most of them around the house. Who knows, maybe Quinn will be a science whiz! 😉 He’s also been into math lately, and we’re loving this book as well. There’s actually a whole series!
2. Sitka Salmon Share – I’ve been on such a salmon kick lately – even long before Sitka reached out about trying theirs. The Sitka Salmon Share is an awesome program (similar to a produce CSA) if you love wild salmon (and other fish!) as much as we do. How it works:
“Our Community Supported Fishery (CSF) is a members-based organization that allows you to purchase a “share” of the harvest of one of our independent, small-boat family fishermen. You enroll at 3 to 9-month intervals. Each share includes a specific selection of the species that we harvest. In 2019, these species include wild Alaskan king salmon, sockeye salmon, coho salmon, keta salmon, lingcod, black bass, black cod, Pacific cod, yelloweye, rockfish, spot prawns, Dungeness crab, albacore tuna, and halibut.
Prices range from $18 to $28 per pound, depending on the species you choose and the quantity you buy. Of course, this includes free shipping. As a member, you’ll also have access to special sales, discounted annual enrollments, monthly newsletters, recipes, BBQs, salmon bakes, cooking classes, fishermen events, and our exclusive pop-up dinners with celebrated chefs.”
Then every month during fishing season, you get a box of wild Alaskan seafood hand-delivered right to your door. Awesome, right? The quality and convenience have been outstanding!
Use code CNC19 to save $25 off any 2019 share (valid through 5/30/19)
3. Bras from Zappos – The last time that I bought new bras was years ago, so I needed some new ones like whoa. I actually ordered some awesome ones from Zappos back in the day, but, unfortunately, when I went to re-order (if it ain’t broke), the bras were no longer available. Boo. So, I ended up ordering two bras (Natori Gloss Full Fit Contour Underwire Bra + Natori Bliss Perfection Contour Underwire Bra that were similar from Zappos (because free shipping) and, miraculously, BOTH of them fit perfectly. I actually tried ordering bras from ThirdLove after hearing great things about it, but had the worst time. They were expensive, didn’t fit, and the whole return process took kind of awhile. I’m not saying this necessarily to knock ThirdLove, but instead to emphasize how easy it was to buy bras from Zappos!
5. John M. Gottman on Dax Shepard, Armchair Expert – John M. Grottman is a marriage and relationship expert. He was interviewed on the podcast, Armchair Expert, hosted by Dax Shepard. I had Mal listen to the episode and then we chatted about it. Dr. Gottman wrote Eight Dates, and Mal and I are thinking about doing it together in the coming weeks! The book guides you and your partner on eight fun, and easy dates, each one focused on a make-or-break issue: trust, conflict, sex, money, family, adventure, spirituality, and dreams. Should be interesting! Have you heard of this book or maybe tried it? Let me know!
P.S. If you’re in the market for a brow gel, you need to try the one from Beautycounter! I’m obsessed with it, but read what others have to say about its awesomeness: Beautycounter’s New Brilliant Brow Gel Is Quickly Becoming A Cult-Fave.
Sales of the Week
- Frye Billy Shortie Boot (40% off)
- Lole Annelise Top (40% off)
- Madewell Stovepipe Fatigue Pants (40% off)
- Madewell 9″ Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans (extra 20% off with code ENJOY20)
- Madewell The Boardwalk Ankle-Strap Sandal (extra 20% off with code ENJOY20)
- Something Navy Denim Jacket (25% off)
Question of the Day
What’s your go-to everyday bra?
This post contains some affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission from the company if you decide to purchase the product linked to. This compensation helps with expenses to keep CNC up and running. Thank you for your support!