Good morning and happy Marathon Monday to you!
Today is my favorite day of the entire year. I absolutely love Marathon Monday (aka Patriot’s Day aka the day that the Boston Marathon is run) because it (typically) symbolizes the start of Spring with the nicer weather and people engaging in many more outdoor activities. It’s like everyone comes out of hibernation after the long winter. And, of course, the energy around the marathon is contagious. I loved Marathon Monday long before I ran the Boston Marathon and now that I’ve run it, I love the day even more. It’s school vacation week for Mal, so we thought about spectating, but the logistics and likelihood of keeping Quinn entertained (and contained?) for such a long period of time is pretty slim, so we’re staying local to watch. Good luck to everyone running today, especially my friend, Scott!
I really enjoyed recapping last weekend via top 10 list, so I decided to use that format once again. That said, here’s my top 10 favorite moments/fun things from the weekend!
1. Getting creative in the kitchen – I have a bunch of new recipes coming your way this week and next!
These peanut clusters are especially DELICIOUS.
Mal, Quinn, and I are all obsessed with them. Definitely keep a look out for the recipe on CNC soon!
2. Linking 8 T2B in a workout at CrossFit – It was awesome. My T2B are slowly but surely coming along! Now I need to get going on my HSPUs!
3. Date night with Mal and our friends, Jeff and Marisa – We went out to dinner at Orta and had such a nice time!
I ordered one of the specials, which was haddock wrapped in bacon with mashed potatoes, tomatoes, and corn. It was incredible.
4. Eating ricotta toast and eggs – It’s such a tasty combo, and I ate it 3 different times this weekend. Mmm! Definitely try it!
5. Making Vietnamese iced coffee at home – Well, sort of. I just kind of winged it by mixing sweetened condensed milk with hot coffee and then chilling it. It turned out soooooo well despite not using the traditional method.
6. Getting in and out of Trader Joe’s on Sunday morning before the crazy crowds arrived – Q-Man and I enjoyed a leisurely grocery shopping trip together. It was so nice not having to rush through our list like we normally do.
7. Painting a bird house with Quinn – I saw one at the Dollar Spot at Target the other day and knew he would love it.
And he did!
We had a great time painting together.
8. Also from the Dollar Spot: Hats for our vacation later this week – We’ll probably go to the beach at least one day, so I figured we might need some proper sun protection.
9. Enjoying a Dark Chocolate Almond & Coconut KIND bar – Holy cow. This flavor is easily the best KIND bar I’ve ever tasted. It reminds me a lot of an Almond Joy candy bar, but more natural tasting. It was so yum. Thank you for the samples, KIND!
10. Sharing our weekend via Snapchat – More fun from the weekend: blanket forts, Crocs ‘N’ socks, bubbles (anyone else’s kid TOTALLY obsessed with bubbles!?!), afternoon adventures at Bare Cove Park, CF partner WOD, Espresso Creme Burlee, Sunday morning 4-mile run, silly dinner entertainment. If you’re on Snapchat, be sure to follow CarrotsNCake!
Questions of the Day
Are you watching the Boston Marathon today? Know anyone running?
What’s your favorite day of the year?