Happy National Pizza Week! I swear there's a national holiday for just about every food, but this is one I can definitely get behind. I love me some pizza!
In honor of National Pizza Week, I had some fun in the kitchen yesterday and created a crust made from mashed sweet potatoes. Brittany's Pizza with a Cauliflower Crust inspired me to think outside of the (pizza) box and try something a little different. The end result was quite delicious and nutritious!Print
A healthy twist on pizza night!
1.5c mashed sweet potato
1.5c almond flour
2 large eggs
1 large egg white
1c shredded cheese
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Your choice of toppings
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Cover a pizza pan/baking sheet with tinfoil and coat with cooking spray.
- Using a spatula, spread the dough evenly into a large circle about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the center is firm and edges are lightly browned.
- Remove crust from oven, add toppings, and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from the oven, slice and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Protein: 15
Keywords: pizza, sweet potato, dinner, gluten free
The best part about this pizza (in my opinion and Mal's) is the texture of the crust. It's firm and a little crispy, but still soft and chewy””almost like a “real” pizza crust.
I was a huge fan of the flavor (because I love curry), but if you don't enjoy the taste of curry (like Mal), just leave it out. I think all of the other spices will still add some seriously delicious flavor to the crust. FYI: If you're a fan of the Curry Spice Blend from Practical Paleo, you will definitely love this crust!
I hope you guys love this Sweet Potato Pizza Crust as much as I do! If you make it, please let me know what you think!
And since it's National Pizza Week and all, here are some of my favorite recipes to help you celebrate such a delicious holiday!
Question of the Day
What's your favorite kind of pizza?